Marvel Legends 6" Silver Surfer (Fallen One) Hits Canada - In Hand Images

JayC

Shown below via Troycollectstoys are in-hand images for the new 6" Marvel Legends Silver Surfer (Fallen One) figure from Hasbro. The figure has started arriving at EBGames in Canada for those who pre-ordered the figure. In Canada the figure is an EBGames exclusive.

Here in the US the figure will be released as a Walgreens exclusive, however Walgreens at this time has not made it available for pre-order and no word yet on when it will see release. The SKU# is 758028.

The figure is based on "The Fallen One" storyline from the comics. Its a repaint of the previous Silver Surfer Hasbro released a few years ago with a darker metallic silver paint, surf board and also includes a blast effect and Mjolnir which is from the storyline.

Marvel-Legends-Silver-Surfer-The-Fallen-00.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Silver-Surfer-The-Fallen-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Silver-Surfer-The-Fallen-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Silver-Surfer-The-Fallen-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Silver-Surfer-The-Fallen-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Silver-Surfer-The-Fallen-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Silver-Surfer-The-Fallen-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Silver-Surfer-The-Fallen-07.png

Marvel-Legends-Silver-Surfer-The-Fallen-08.jpg

Figure looks very cool, like black chrome. That's a weak ass effect, I gotta say. They need to start getting more creative with those- the force shield used for the latest Invisible Woman was a good start. I sure hope Walgreens will stock enough Sable Surfers for everyone!!

16 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Surfer is 6'4, Hasbro blew it by putting him on the Sunfire buck which is ideal for characters in the 5'10, 6' range.

You took the words right outta my mouth. I do love that Sunfire buck, but it's become such a go-to for any and all characters who Hasbro feels either needs a butterfly joint or a body style that they cannot quite place and in both cases it's getting very frustrating. I thought, for sure, if they ever did another Surfer, they would try to correct this situation, but I guess I was giving them too much credit. Seriously, it seems like the so called Marvel Guru consultant, Jessie Falcon, is on auto pilot these days. Aside from this blatant misuse, that buck has been used everywhere from the 6'2", 230 lb, super ripped Moon Knight to the 5'10", 150 lb (soaking wet) miniscule Pyro, which a) did not require butterfly joints and b) would have been 100 percent accurate on the old tried and true Pizza Spidey buck. Somebody needs to get their ayass back in line on the ML team. This thing shoulda been done on the Spider UK buck at the very least, but with the sculpted wrinkles and creases it would not have been ideal, but at 6'4" and 220 lbs, it could have easily been done on the Reaper buck. During Surfers 80/90's run and during the original Infinity Gauntlet, artists like Jim Starlin and Ron Lim drew him tall, muscular and very broad chested, especially in the case of Ron Lim who coincidently was also a long standing artist for the similarly proportioned Captain America. Per his "official" statistics this would have been accurate, and anyone who was in disagreement could easily access that information.

This figure looks great, and the Sunfire buck is great when used correctly, and I will be definitely getting this figure, but it is unarguably and noticeably and inexcusably wrong, and from the looks of things it's most likely we'll never get a more accurate one.

Meh such an easy pass, I like the regular surfer, I always thought after seeing Silver Surfer Black in the comics that he'd be amazing as a figure, but they really didn't do a great job IMO, I would have liked this figure to be black, and not just a darkened silver, also would have really popped with some sort of sparkly effects in the plastic. I 'm happy they brought this out for everyone who didn't get a Surfer from before it makes a good stand in, since it's not actually fully black.

This figure is very sharp.

But the definitive Surfer for me is how he was portrayed by Ron Lim. So very happy to have found (the only) two  when the first figure was released. Not sure this guy warrants a multi weekend search but who knows.. more than once I’ve sworn off a figure only to be weak and buy them once found in store. Not sure in those cases if it was because of a lack of new product at the time or if the figure truly blew me away,, it’s probably both.

This new version reminds me of some of the wild Surfer repaints ToyBiz did. Some were done better than others but there was a similar one that was pretty cool back then

Anyone think there will be a rerelease of the silver version?  This figure reminds me a lot of the surfers dark self from the 90s.  Id have to go dig out the issue number but he was basically all the evil the surfer had done and kept hidden away that norrrin had to come to terms with.  Could be some really fun recreations here but I'd have to get the silver version as well.

I think the black chrome look is very cool, but I echo the sentiments of some of the other posters here: the body buck is too small for the Silver Surfer. Put him in the Fantastic Four line up and its clear; he's definitely supposed to be bigger than he is. Now of course that first Walgreens Torch was itself way too big to be Johnny Storm- the newer non-flamed version is a better fit- but Legends needs to pay closer attention when theyre doing these characters.