Marvel Legends 6" House Of X/Power Of X Hits Canada - In-Hand Images

JayC

Shown below are images posted up by Troycollectstoys who credits areonis14 and Larry for our first in-hand images of the new Marvel Legends 6" House Of X/Power Of X figures from Hasbro. Reports suggest these where found somewhere in Edmonton, Alberta. Honestly I am surprised it's taken this long for this wave to show up. Anyway shown below are packaged images of Professor X with Cerebo helmet, Moira MacTaggert, Magneto in white outfit, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine and Omega Sentinel. Tri Sentinel is the Build-A-Figure for this wave. You can pre-order these now at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Marvel-Legends-House-Of-X.jpg

Marvel-Legends-House-Of-X-Cyclops.jpg

Marvel-Legends-House-Of-X-Jean.jpg

Marvel-Legends-House-Of-X-Magneto.jpg

Marvel-Legends-House-Of-X-Moira-MacTaggert.jpg

Marvel-Legends-House-Of-X-Omega-Sentinel.jpg

Marvel-Legends-House-Of-X-Professor-X.jpg

Marvel-Legends-House-Of-X-Wolverine.jpg

Very cool for fans of Hickman's X run.  Still trying to decide whether to shell out for the House of X/Powers of X trade. I did enjoy Hickman's FF and Avengers runs so you'd think it would be a no-brainer but its been awhile since i've bought any new comics so i might try and go the library route or just wait and see if the price drops on the trade.  For now, this wave is pretty much a pass for me although Moira would be a nice civilian figure to add to the collection. also Omega Sentinel looks pretty good as well imo

Happy to say this is one wave i ll be passing on. They all look very nice but I have very little attachment if any at all. Im happy for those that are stoked for them. Pretty wild they havent fixed omega sentinel but im going to fathom a guess they were already finalized and already being produced at the factory. Kind of surprising it got approved by marvel and bypassed other approvals. 

Only one that leaves me cold is Magneto. Kind of a pointless redo (for me at least). Always up for a comic-style civilian, so Moira is more than welcome. Similarly, I'm always game for modern updates of Cyclops and Wolverine, and Jean in her "Marvel Girl" suit is cool. Since I have no knowledge (or interest in) the story-line these are spawned from, I have no idea what the cyborg chick's deal is, but that's why I love these figures based on "fresh" characters. It gives me an opportunity to fill in the blanks as I wish. She'll have a nice home in the ol' head-cannon.

Prof. X is . . . an old guy in a leotard. Not really sold on the concept (shudder), but as Ironspider428 pointed out, the alternate head can be put to good use.

Not the best, but far from the weakest wave Hasbro has ever put out. I'm in.

2 hours ago, Satam said:

It actually looks like they might have fixed Jean's feet, but Karima is still whitewashed. That $&!#'s embarrassing. I'm still hoping for a running change to correct the skin and hair color on that alternate head there, but that hope is fading. I still can't believe they let something that big slip by them.

Yeah that is some straight up bullsh*t, why even include that head if they didnt want to do it correctly. 

4 hours ago, tarot said:

highlights for me are

Omega sentinel because new character. (Wrong colored face and hair aside)

Moria again because new character 

Jean because I can place her next to classic cyclops

And thats it. Not of the males or baf appeal to me.

Same I have no interest in this entire wave, don't care about this BAF that holds no worth to me, boring looks for all of these dude characters that all seem like rehashes, the only 3 figures I want in this wave is Moira, Jean and Karima. I might actually try and get 2 Moira's because I want to use the unjacked body for a Mary Jane.

You Canadiens must have sold your souls to continue to get first dibs lately 😁

cant tell from the pic and an online search has not helped: does the alternate Prof X head have “mental waves” around it? Or just a trick of the light? If so, like this so much better than brain orgasm effect we got with the Riders version.. that one still makes me giggle. Also if so, I hope it’s removable.

only figure I kinda want is the Wolverine. Yes, I’m that guy. I like the vibe of the classic brown costume (my favorite thanks to a early appearance by Wolverine  in a DareDevil comic) updated and the alternate head ain’t bad either.

dont know how it happened but of all the Xmen Legends available I’ve gotten near all of Wolverines costumes. Guess I’m a Logan fan... just need the Astonishing suit updated for my Avengers team.

I've honestly got mixed feelings about this wave. To me, Moira is the star - as she should be because she was basically the main character in this comic series (I won't ruin it for anybody who hasn't read it). I love that we're getting a Karima/Omega Sentinel figure even though they didn't include what would have been my preferred head sculpt. I think the alternate head sculpt that everyone is commenting and unhappy about due to skin/hair color is supposed to be the House of M version. I agree that Hasbro should have been more sensitive with this to properly ensure her Indian nationality, but honestly looking back to artwork from various issues she has appeared in, she initially appeared with much darker skin that over time became very lightened (possibly whitewashed?). I'm not defending anything, just pointing out an observation. I'm not crazy about the fact that that the Theta Tri-Sentinel was made the BAF, because it's a possible army builder figure, but it is what it is. All of the other figures are just "meh". I went ahead and pre-ordered the whole wave (minus Wolverine), but I likely would have been happier just getting just Moira, Karima and a Theta Tri-Sentinel (if not BAF) and saving some cash.

51 minutes ago, Reno said:

I love that we're getting a Karima/Omega Sentinel figure even though they didn't include what would have been my preferred head sculpt. I think the alternate head sculpt that everyone is commenting and unhappy about due to skin/hair color is supposed to be the House of M version. I agree that Hasbro should have been more sensitive with this to properly ensure her Indian nationality, but honestly looking back to artwork from various issues she has appeared in, she initially appeared with much darker skin that over time became very lightened (possibly whitewashed?). I'm not defending anything, just pointing out an observation.

Karima has never appeared with lighter skin AND with brown hair, and certainly not in that pigtails look.  She has been drawn occasionally with lighter skin and she has been drawn occasionally with dark brown hair, but I've never seen her drawn with light skin AND brown hair, and neither were ever this light. There are a lot of shades in between Emma Stone and Mindy Kailing, and Hasbro went too far in the wrong direction.
ZJuqa45.jpg

Shown below are in-hand images via Troycollectstoys of the new Marvel Legends 6" House Of X/Power Of X Cyclops and Professor X figures from Hasbro. These figures are shipping from Walmarts in Canada. Looks like Hasbro has removed the pins on the arms of the Cyclops figure which does primarily use the BuckCap mold.

00.jpg

House-Of-X-Cyclops-01.jpg

House-Of-X-Cyclops-02.jpg

House-Of-X-Cyclops-04.jpg

House-Of-X-Cyclops-05.jpg

House-Of-X-Cyclops-06.jpg

House-Of-X-Cyclops-07.jpg

House-Of-X-Cyclops-08.jpg

House-Of-X-Cyclops-09.jpg

House-Of-X-Cyclops-10.jpg

House-Of-X-Cyclops-11.jpg

House-Of-X-Professor-X-01.jpg

House-Of-X-Professor-X-02.jpg

House-Of-X-Professor-X-03.jpg

House-Of-X-Professor-X-04.jpg

House-Of-X-Professor-X-05.jpg

House-Of-X-Professor-X-06.jpg

House-Of-X-Professor-X-07.jpg

House-Of-X-Professor-X-08.jpg

House-Of-X-Professor-X-09.jpg

44 minutes ago, SUPREME007 said:

Come on hasbro update ur shits.

I don't mean to be this guy... wait I shouldn't ...no I will, that professor X and that Cyclops suuuck, can we get something interesting here,  most of this wave is so stuck man, these look like 2 of the most snooze button worthy figures I've seen in some time in the marvel legends line.. just my opinion, they are stankers, no imagination on these designs or the way the figure was executed (a new head sculpt ain't cutting it) i've seen straight re-paints more aw inspring just saying... I kinda think in a few months after every one who wants to build the BAF gets to, this wave is going to be pretty pegwarmery.