Jen Bartel Pays Tribute To The Women Of Marvel In Stylish New Covers

JayC

In honor of Women’s History Month, the women of Marvel will be celebrated in an all-new variant cover collection by superstar artist Jen Bartel. The Eisner award-winning artist has crafted eight gorgeous covers that will adorn issues of your favorite ongoing series throughout March. These stunning pieces of artwork will depict Marvel’s most popular female heroes in Bartel’s signature style and showcase why she’s one of today’s bestselling cover artists.

Serving incredible fashion inspired by the year of their creation, Marvel’s leading ladies have never looked better. She-Hulk rocks her best 1980s power suit, the timeless Patsy Walker puts her claws away for a chic dress, the always glamorous Emma Frost is dripping in diamonds, and Silk puts a modern spin on the traditional. And there’s even more brilliant WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVERS by Jen Bartel coming your way, including ones featuring Black Cat, Shuri, and Spider-Woman! Keep a lookout for future reveals and collect all eight when they arrive in March.

AVENGERS #43 WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVER by JEN BARTEL (JAN210675)

BLACK CAT #4 WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVER by JEN BARTEL (JAN210661)

BLACK PANTHER #24 WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVER by JEN BARTEL (JAN210682)

IRON MAN #7 WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVER by JEN BARTEL (JAN210678)

KING IN BLACK: GHOST RIDER #1 WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVER by JEN BARTEL (JAN210531)

SILK #1 WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVER by JEN BARTEL (JAN210610)

SPIDER-WOMAN #10 WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVER by JEN BARTEL (JAN210658)

X-MEN #19 WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVER by JEN BARTEL (JAN210629)

AVEN2018043_Bartel_Women's-History-Month.jpg

IM2020007_Bartel_Women's-History-Month.jpg

SILK2021001_Bartel_Women's-History-Month.jpg

XMEN2019019_Bartel_Women's-History-Month.jpg

3 hours ago, Satam said:

I disagree. She's got kind of a Veronica Lake thing going, but her hair is swept back to show off the earrings. It's very classic and quite classy.

I understand, but wearing an outfit like that I never even noticed the earrings until you mentioned it. I'm an 80's man, go big or go home. Besides I don't know who Veronica Lake is.

2 hours ago, silverback said:

I understand, but wearing an outfit like that I never even noticed the earrings until you mentioned it. I'm an 80's man, go big or go home. Besides I don't know who Veronica Lake is.

She was a very prominent actress in the 1940's. Google her. Maybe even seek out some of her movies like Gun for Hire, Sullivan's travels, or Blue Dahlia. Great stuff.

On 1/29/2021 at 7:27 PM, silverback said:

Dude, you're missing out. Veronica Lake was gorgeous and had an signature wavy hairstyle that she's become an icon for, hence "Veronica Lake flip". John Byrne incorporated it for a minute for Invisible Woman back in the 80s.