Marvel Legends 6" Fallen One Silver Surfer Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

Dan Who? Reviews takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Fallen One Silver Surfer figure from Hasbro. This is sold in the US as a Walgreens exclusive.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY

and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-04.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-01.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-05.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-02.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-03.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-06.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-07.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-08.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-09.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-10.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-11.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-12.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-13.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-14.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-15.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-16.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-17.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-18.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-19.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-20.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-21.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-22.JPG

Fallen-One-Silver-Surfer-23.JPG

This may be just me but this body is not right for silversurfur. The bulk is ok but sulfur is just taller than this. Like hasbro really needs to do some new bucks with updated articulation. Even tho I have been saying this alot recently I just can not help myself. And even tho this has nothing to do with the leader I just want to say that a new body that is tall and skinny would have been perfect for a few characters like the leader, which could be a solid reuse for someone like the wizard. And I'm done.

these pictures do this figure more justice then I had seen recently, these pictures definitely make this figure look more"black" then I had seen, although I still think it should actually be black rather then a dark gray, I have said it before it being a darker gray/silver will allow those who didn't get their hands on the first release a chance at a SS figure they can easily fudge into their display which is great. I am however very happy passing on this, but I guess I was lucky enough to get the Walgreens Surfer which I feel like many people were not, so I'm happy this exists for them.

It's a weird one, this. After missing out on Retro carded Rogue (average ebay price to UK buyers: £60 + £12 - £20 import charge, so, that's about $125 for a figure I already own, on a dumber card and with a slightly tweaked head & hand sculpt....totally worth it 😂) I now pre-order ALL Marvel Legends: good, bad or indifferent. 

Obsidian Surfer was one I couldn't care less about. I've got the first one (from the SE Exclusive F4 singles) and it's a nice figure, with a bunch of stuff, but it's one I also don't care about at all. I think a redo of Silver Savage would have made me more excited (it's needed, too - the ancient Hasbro version is 🤮).

I know absolutely nothing about why the dude is graphite coloured,  why he's feuding with King Thanos (?) and why he's got Mjolnir now, so if anyone can explain, that would be great.

Despite the pre-amble, I actually really liked this. The colour scheme is good (especially considered it's one colour only); pretty sure Mjolnir is mostly a new sculpt and the blast effects are a good colour contrast. Also, he actually stays on the surfboard! But, blast effects...not so good. After endless swapping of hands and effects, they fall off even worse than Pyro.

There are a million figures I'm going like more (especially now that the Iron Man wave seems a definite), but this is good.

20210131_142533.jpg

20210131_142425.jpg

19 hours ago, SUPREME007 said:

This may be just me but this body is not right for silversurfur. The bulk is ok but sulfur is just taller than this. Like hasbro really needs to do some new bucks with updated articulation. Even tho I have been saying this alot recently I just can not help myself. And even tho this has nothing to do with the leader I just want to say that a new body that is tall and skinny would have been perfect for a few characters like the leader, which could be a solid reuse for someone like the wizard. And I'm done.

This is a very well done figure, but I agree with you, the body mold is excellent but not the proper set for the Silver Surfer. He would need to be bigger, taller, etc. 

21 hours ago, SUPREME007 said:

I would love a new mold that's a similar size to the Pizza Spidey mold. Even if they just redid the torso on it like they did for the Sunfire retro Spidey buck. I like the retro Spidey but he's just too big for my preferred mental image of Spidey and other slim characters.

Not quite sure what's going on with surfer's right foot in photos 14 and 15.  That said, the gunmetal coloring looks nice. but i don't think i need another surfer, especially since i already have that mjolnir and the 2 pink energy effects that look identical to the ones that came with one of the WM exclusive Black Panthers. Also why not include the other pair of hands the previous WG figure had?   

But i do think if you missed the previous WG Surfer this would probably be worth picking up, unless you want to roll the dice on surfer being part of the retro FF wave which imo is a distinct possibility.

if he goes on discount/sale i might get up, otherwise i'll pass... but he doesn't look bad or anything, just don't need him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 7:41 PM, Emnems80 said:

Still wish the original silver/chrome will get a rerelease. Missed it the first time and now is too pricey. Hopefully in a F4 retro wave?

Even better if they rerelease him with the same silver chrome paint but on a larger yet equally articulated body buck, and with true Kirby dot/crackle energy effects (black bubbles instead of yellow).

16 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Even better if they rerelease him with the same silver chrome paint but on a larger yet equally articulated body buck, and with true Kirby dot/crackle energy effects (black bubbles instead of yellow).

Totally be down for that! With the soon to be released Ultron Hasbro has shown they can do an awesome Kirby crackle!