Marvel Monday February 2021 Reveal - Marvel Legends Deluxe Maestro

JayC

19 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

yeah i would've expected more "trophies" etc, plus not digging the permanently windswept hair.  might end up sticking with my toybiz version on this one. i'll have to think about it though but my first impressions is that this is kind of a weak effort by hasbro

He doesn't even have his boots, let alone any trophies

I feel happy to say that I think I can pass on this, I do like it, but not enough, I think it's only really great purpose would be to be displayed with Old Man Logan and Old Man Clint. I'm just not that interested in a Maestro and never was, also as much as I adore that Hulk mold, I already have 3 hulks on that mold, I don't think I need another one right now.

I also was kinda hoping we would get this look not the one we did , but I get why they gave him the look they did.

spacer.png

Damn, it's a bit underwhelming after all that build up to say the least. Little more than a strait repaint with a retooled head sculpt. Nothing more going on with this thing beyond what they did with the Red and Grey Hulks. Way to mail it in, Hasbro.

For a $40 figure we expect a bit more effort. This round goes to Toybiz.

17 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Damn, it's a bit underwhelming after all that build up to say the least. Little more than a strait repaint with a retooled head sculpt. Nothing more going on with this thing beyond what they did with the Red and Grey Hulks. Way to mail it in, Hasbro.

For a $40 figure we expect a bit more effort. This round goes to Toybiz.

30. It was priced wrong on many sites.

It's not a bad looking figure, but they put in the least amount of effort possible. It would have been better to devote the effort, and new tooling, and make it a $40 or $50 figure. 

It is really annoying how quickly Hasbro Pulse's pre-orders often sell out. You have to know in advance when items are going to be revealed, and then be ready to pre-order right when it goes live. I would make a lot more use of my Pulse Premium membership if that wasn't the case. 

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I feel happy to say that I think I can pass on this, I do like it, but not enough, I think it's only really great purpose would be to be displayed with Old Man Logan and Old Man Clint. I'm just not that interested in a Maestro and never was, also as much as I adore that Hulk mold, I already have 3 hulks on that mold, I don't think I need another one right now.

I also was kinda hoping we would get this look not the one we did , but I get why they gave him the look they did.

spacer.png

Ya, that Hulk buck, as much as I loved it when it came out, has totally jumped the shark. Perhaps, with a little more retooling (particularly on the legs) they could convert it to do a few more larger characters but 4 Hulks in and it's already getting old. This is nothing but a lazy repaint. Might as well just call the damn thing what it is, "Old Man Hulk". Sure, Maestro has been portrayed this way and there's art to support it, but ask anyone of this is the version of Maestro they expected and 100 percent of them will say "Absolutely Not".

This doesn't make me very optimistic that if and when they get around to doing Professor Hulk they aren't gonna put any more effort into it than this. Probably won't even pack him with any guns.

People are awfully critical about the re-use of the hulk mold.  Let's take a moment to acknowledge how amazing that sculpt is.  It's the absolute best hulk they've ever done, imo.  Makes sense to use it for the other color hulks as well as Maestro.  I mean they use the same body for dozens upon dozens of other heroes and people are dissing this one because it doesn't have boots.  So six figures, five of which are hulks, and that's all they're allowed to do?  To each their own, I suppose...

Anticipated and pre-ordered.

There was definitely some confusion about the price at the distributor-level on this one. I haven't even put up my preorders yet, because my distributor still has the MSRP listed as $49.99, and I need to make sure I'm not going to get charged a wholesale price based on that number, since that would be more than the retail asking price. Weird.

9 hours ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

eally annoying how quickly Hasbro Pulse's pre-orders often sell out. You have to know in advance when items are going to be revealed, and then be ready to pre-order right when it goes live. I would make a lot more use of my Pulse Premium membership if that wasn't the case. 

I second that....I can barely use my membership because everything goes way too fast.

14 hours ago, Virtualzach said:

People are awfully critical about the re-use of the hulk mold.  Let's take a moment to acknowledge how amazing that sculpt is.  It's the absolute best hulk they've ever done, imo.  Makes sense to use it for the other color hulks as well as Maestro.  I mean they use the same body for dozens upon dozens of other heroes and people are dissing this one because it doesn't have boots.  So six figures, five of which are hulks, and that's all they're allowed to do?  To each their own, I suppose...

Anticipated and pre-ordered.

I was thinking the exact same thing (it is a great mold - of course they are going to get their money's worth out of it)...but you confused me with the last part... six figures? I can only recall 2 green hulks, red hulk, gray hulk, and Maestro... which one am I forgetting with this mold?

12 hours ago, DrewK said:

I will end up getting him, but I still might prefer my Toy Biz version.  

I actually would have preferred a more expensive version if it came with more accessories/trophies... but I guess I'll just use all my extra Cap shields, Thor hammers, etc for my display.

I was on that line of thinking at first, but as a cost savings measure they probably figured we already have most of those accessories with the figures they typically come with. Still, it woulda been cool to have some worn and dirty versions do display as his trophy case.

Again, this is a minimalistic effort at best. Even the art that he's supposed to be based on has boots. Speaking of getting as much use out of a mold as possible, the lesser used Juggernaut mold has boots. A little retooling on them coulda made this figure much more accurate.

1 hour ago, Psychosomatic said:

I was thinking the exact same thing (it is a great mold - of course they are going to get their money's worth out of it)...but you confused me with the last part... six figures? I can only recall 2 green hulks, red hulk, gray hulk, and Maestro... which one am I forgetting with this mold?

The GameStop Gamerverse Hulk (aka, Outback Hulk)

22 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Had he come with alternate "angry/yelling" head sculpt, sporting boots & a BD Ironman helmet, broken Cap Shield & Shattered Mjolnir, It woulda been worth the 40 clams. As is, I'll wait for it to hit discount later this yr.

It was a typo or misinformation that it was going to be $40.. its been corrected everywhere and is $30... but I feel all that you said and agree completely for that price tag. I was really hoping we were getting all of that when they mentioned the price hike. 

On 2/5/2021 at 12:53 PM, Gigantor said:

Had he come with alternate "angry/yelling" head sculpt, sporting boots & a BD Ironman helmet, broken Cap Shield & Shattered Mjolnir, It woulda been worth the 40 clams. As is, I'll wait for it to hit discount later this yr.

For the price point I can understand why they didn't include all the trophies, and I assume we all have the figures that have those accessories anyway if we really need them. My biggest problem with this thing is that it's nothing more than a damn cheap repaint. I know there's some art where he appears kinda like this, but it's really not based on anything. They just took the away route. When it went back up on Amazon at $30 I still had to pull the trigger though (that freaking free shipping) but man I was just hoping for a little bit more effort. Boots at the very least. C'mon Hasbro. I hope you at least retool some boots for Smart Hulk. 

11 minutes ago, monron999 said:

For the price point I can understand why they didn't include all the trophies, and I assume we all have the figures that have those accessories anyway if we really need them. My biggest problem with this thing is that it's nothing more than a damn cheap repaint. I know there's some art where he appears kinda like this, but it's really not based on anything. They just took the away route. When it went back up on Amazon at $30 I still had to pull the trigger though (that freaking free shipping) but man I was just hoping for a little bit more effort. Boots at the very least. C'mon Hasbro. I hope you at least retool some boots for Smart Hulk. 

Its how he appears in old man logan. And not that hulk.