X-Men: House Of X Marvel Legends 6" Omega Sentinel Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

erivera94 takes a look at the new X-Men: House Of X Marvel Legends 6" Omega Sentinel figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY

and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Omega-Sentinel-01.JPG

Omega-Sentinel-02.JPG

Omega-Sentinel-03.JPG

Omega-Sentinel-04.JPG

Omega-Sentinel-05.JPG

Omega-Sentinel-06.JPG

Omega-Sentinel-07.JPG

Omega-Sentinel-08.JPG

Omega-Sentinel-09.JPG

Omega-Sentinel-10.JPG

Omega-Sentinel-11.JPG

Omega-Sentinel-12.JPG

Omega-Sentinel-13.JPG

Omega-Sentinel-14.JPG

Omega-Sentinel-15.JPG

Omega-Sentinel-16.JPG

Omega-Sentinel-17.JPG

Omega-Sentinel-18.JPG

Omega-Sentinel-19.JPG

Omega-Sentinel-20.JPG

Omega-Sentinel-21.JPG

Im not familiar with the character but this is a pretty dope looking fig. I know the alt head is inaccurate to the source material, but that alt head looks super good. 

Have Hasbro acknowledged the incorrect ethnicity/pale skin in the alt head?
I'm wondering if there' any chance of a late running change as others have mentioned, or if I should engage a customiser. 
If Hasbro haven't said anything about changing it, or even made mention of the error - then it seems unlikely they'll release a new head. 
It's a shame - I think this is a very cool looking figure in terms of sculpt and alt accessories.

29 minutes ago, Nessex said:

Have Hasbro acknowledged the incorrect ethnicity/pale skin in the alt head?
I'm wondering if there' any chance of a late running change as others have mentioned, or if I should engage a customiser. 
If Hasbro haven't said anything about changing it, or even made mention of the error - then it seems unlikely they'll release a new head. 
It's a shame - I think this is a very cool looking figure in terms of sculpt and alt accessories.

The Marvel team hasn't said anything, but they only unveiled that alternate head in December.  They haven't had any Fan First Fridays where they would have the chance to acknowledge the situation since then.  It's could be entirely possible that a running change is coming, but they don't want to say anything about it because then they run the risk of people not buying this version of the figure, cancelling preorders, etc. Mistakenly (I assume) changing Karima's entire race seems like a bigger issue than forgetting the purple in Psylocke's hair, so maybe they would do things a bit differently in this case, but I don't believe they've said anything at all about running changes over the last several years until after those updated figures were out at retail.

If not that mistake it likely would be one of the best figures from this year for sure, sculpting and paint is superb, thankfully alt head is doable fix, with right washes it shouldn't be problem even for amateur newbie. I was originally into alt head which I still think is cooler, but bald head is very impressive, which makes me wish for Moondragon figure. 

4 hours ago, SpiderS said:

thankfully alt head is doable fix, with right washes it shouldn't be problem even for amateur newbie.

The three biggest problems I see are issues with rub (the hair piece will need to be sealed to keep the paint from rubbing off several areas when moving the head around), the hair piece will likely need to be removed from the head to get it in a few difficult spots and keep black paint off the face, and at least personally, I have a hard time painting lips. I don't see any of that as "amateur newbie" stuff, but it's not impossible. Hassle, though.

On 2/7/2021 at 3:45 PM, SpiderS said:

If not that mistake it likely would be one of the best figures from this year for sure, sculpting and paint is superb, thankfully alt head is doable fix, with right washes it shouldn't be problem even for amateur newbie. I was originally into alt head which I still think is cooler, but bald head is very impressive, which makes me wish for Moondragon figure. 

"Doable fix". These guys get every other aspect totally correct, but then remove the one trait that shows she's from India? There's no excuse for this but I'll bet they continue to ignore it and if theyre ever pinned down about it, you just watch how they react. "Oh wow....we don't know HOW that could have happened....we were just as surprised as anyone....it left the factory before we could change it....." blah blah. 

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

"Doable fix". These guys get every other aspect totally correct, but then remove the one trait that shows she's from India? There's no excuse for this but I'll bet they continue to ignore it and if theyre ever pinned down about it, you just watch how they react. "Oh wow....we don't know HOW that could have happened....we were just as surprised as anyone....it left the factory before we could change it....." blah blah. 

They will ignore it. Even when a problem is well known, they don't fix it

12 hours ago, leokearon said:

They will ignore it. Even when a problem is well known, they don't fix it

They put the purple in Psylocke's hair with a running change in less than a couple months. Karima's a less well known, but this seems like a much bigger problem to me, as I said above, so who knows? I'm not counting on it, though. Hoping for it but not counting on it.

15 hours ago, Atlantis said:

image.thumb.png.ceb08909f99b76be8aa030034600bbe2.pngI'm saying easy fix because lately  fixing my own figures have been most exciting part of collecting for me, it's funny that fixing manufacturers mistakes can gives so much joy to this hobby, at least to me. As for figure, I'm pretty sure they were like doing new version only and then saw this exact pic on google and  lazily assumed hmmm her hair/ skin probably darker shade due to lighting or something and that's it. 

34 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

image.thumb.png.ceb08909f99b76be8aa030034600bbe2.pngAs for figure, I'm pretty sure they were like doing new version only and then saw this exact pic on google and  lazily assumed hmmm her hair/ skin probably darker shade due to lighting or something and that's it. 

That would imply that they were making a character they knew nothing about, which isn't impossible, but is definitely irresponsible. It would also imply that they ignored the numerous other panels and reference material showing Karima Shapandar, former police officer from India, with brown skin and dark hair. If that's the case, it's lazy AF
Here's just more just because:
OyN8WFI.png
3011KX7.jpg
n8h9Jws.jpg
7rJAzm4.jpg
L0we0yp.jpg

(Edit: Wow, the forum upgrade just puts photos where ever, huh?)

11 minutes ago, Satam said:

That would imply that they were making a character they knew nothing about, which isn't impossible, but is definitely irresponsible. It would also imply that they ignored the numerous other panels and reference material showing Karima Shapandar, former police officer from India, with brown skin and dark hair. If that's the case, it's lazy AF
Here's just more just because:
OyN8WFI.png
3011KX7.jpg
n8h9Jws.jpg

I would bet they don't do much research about back story, especially for new characters. Saddest part is they could have avoided this if they didn't include that head, I mean they did so good with her all new body sculpt, detail and with pin less tech, they even added extra bonus touch with alt head and due to this bonus head they failed, failed in most offensive way, if this gets out to bigger circles   it could be potential PR nightmare for them. 

6 hours ago, Satam said:

They put the purple in Psylocke's hair with a running change in less than a couple months. Karima's a less well known, but this seems like a much bigger problem to me, as I said above, so who knows? I'm not counting on it, though. Hoping for it but not counting on it.

That wasnt even just the hair, they changed the paint color on her costume as well. 

4 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I would bet they don't do much research about back story, especially for new characters. Saddest part is they could have avoided this if they didn't include that head, I mean they did so good with her all new body sculpt, detail and with pin less tech, they even added extra bonus touch with alt head and due to this bonus head they failed, failed in most offensive way, if this gets out to bigger circles   it could be potential PR nightmare for them. 

What are we considering a new character? This one's over 20 years old already.

39 minutes ago, Benn said:

What are we considering a new character? This one's over 20 years old already.

She is over twenty year old but she was introduced as a plot device for neal sharra thunderbird and forgotten about for many years. It was only until Prof x went to genosha years that she returned. Even then many people still didn't know her. It was only when she joined the xmen rogues team that she became the character we know today.

9 hours ago, SpiderS said:

They probably don't do much research, they probably just have an idea of a character and ask Marvel for Images of said character and just base the figure of that. That would also mean that the image they got for the alt head was also wrong

12 hours ago, Satam said:

Right, but that was an extraneous change and not what every other collector had complained about when the first version of the figure was released.

True, I just meant, they made a much larger change than just the hair that quickly. A weird change but still a fully redone paint job thats not necessary. This is just new molded color hair and a new molded color head. Wed assume this would be an easy and fast change/fix if going by what they did with psylocke is any indication.