Falcon And The Winter Soldier Premiers On March 19 - Super Bowl TV Spot

JayC

I'm sorry but nothing about this makes  excited about the show except the few shots of Sharon just because I've been wondering where she's been and love the actress and character. Im not into the mcu like most so please don't be offended but while I like the actors nothing here is pulling me in personally. 

1 hour ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I'm sorry but nothing about this makes  excited about the show except the few shots of Sharon just because I've been wondering where she's been and love the actress and character. Im not into the mcu like most so please don't be offended but while I like the actors nothing here is pulling me in personally. 

I get it, if you are into the MCU you get the hype. If you aren’t you may not be pulled in. You may be starting late, but for those of us that have been there from the beginning this appears to be a nice continuation of the MCU mythos. 

And really the most compelling thread to come out of EndGame. What is Cap’s legacy? If you can’t be pulled in by this arc, maybe the whole appeal of the MCU is lost on you. And this is not a slight, not attacking you, I’m a love what you like guy, so if its not for you I support you, but you admit you don’t follow the MCU so my question is: if this arc isn’t going to pull you in what will?

This may be the only MCU TV show  besides WANDAVISION that is as closely tied to the Infinity Saga as we are likely to get, if you aren’t on board by now the mythology the MCU has established may never pull you in. 

25 minutes ago, McHogan said:

I get it, if you are into the MCU you get the hype. If you aren’t you may not be pulled in. You may be starting late, but for those of us that have been there from the beginning this appears to be a nice continuation of the MCU mythos. 

And really the most compelling thread to come out of EndGame. What is Cap’s legacy? If you can’t be pulled in by this arc, maybe the whole appeal of the MCU is lost on you. And this is not a slight, not attacking you, I’m a love what you like guy, so if its not for you I support you, but you admit you don’t follow the MCU so my question is: if this arc isn’t going to pull you in what will?

This may be the only MCU TV show  besides WANDAVISION that is as closely tied to the Infinity Saga as we are likely to get, if you aren’t on board by now the mythology the MCU has established may never pull you in. 

Oh, I've followed the mcu from Iron Man in 2008 and seen everything since but Endgame was a perfect ending for me to the whole thing. This just isn't enough to draw me back in. I  much prefer the comics to the cinematic universe. I didn't mean to come off like I'm crapping all over anyone who enjoys the mcu, I was just hoping as a Cap fan that this series would bring me back and the trailer shows me I was wrong. It just isn't for me but I hope those who enjoy the mcu are pumped. 

12 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Oh, I've followed the mcu from Iron Man in 2008 and seen everything since but Endgame was a perfect ending for me to the whole thing. This just isn't enough to draw me back in. I  much prefer the comics to the cinematic universe. I didn't mean to come off like I'm crapping all over anyone who enjoys the mcu, I was just hoping as a Cap fan that this series would bring me back and the trailer shows me I was wrong. It just isn't for me but I hope those who enjoy the mcu are pumped. 

Ok yeah I get that. I agree, End Game for me as well could be the perfect jump off point for the original arc.  Makes sense.

i too hoped that the Disney + shows would add to the greatness and as I do enjoy what I have seen in Wanda Vision, I admit I am confused and underwhelmed for the first offering. 

Heres hoping FALCON AND WINTER SOLDIER can clear things up and get back to what has made the MCU the  juggernaut  that has seen at least 8 films bust that 1 billion dollar mark.

Oh, I am VERY excited for this show. I've always loved the dynamic between Sam and Bucky, even though it's been minimal so far, really just Civil War. Zemo's awesome, loved the shot of him with his mask. I wonder if he'll have any connection to the watchdogs like Red Skull did in the comics. And good to finally see Sharon kicking some ass. She hasn't been in much up until now either. I think this show will be very different from Wandavision, but in a good way. I love Wandavision, but it'll be good to get back to some good ol' classic MCU stuff again. This show will be a welcome breather between WV and Loki.

This is the series I am personally most interested in, though as slow a start that WandaVision got off to, my feeling that one will be more impactful for the overall MCU when all is said and done.

I agree this trailer didn't do much other than highlight the whole odd couple type theme they are working to develop between Sam and Barnes. Zemo can only get better because he was the weakest thing about Civil War and was really disappointed in how they portrayed him there. Sharron we will see. Maybe we will see how she felt getting shafted by Rogers who basically dumped her to go run after Peggy through time.

I can't imagine not seeing an old man Steve Rogers  showing up at some point during this series and we already know War Machine will be popping up probably to help set up his own Armor Wars show.

For me the biggest drawback for the MCU right now is the lack of any future Avengers movies. Up until now the MCU has revolved around the Avengers and its hard to see how characters like Captain Marvel, Shang-Chi, Eternals and Blade can carry the MCU on their backs alone. So hopefully this show along with WandaVision will do a good job of shinning a light on the things to come.

Great trailer, I think this will be more in line with the regular MCU theme of Winter Soldier. I like Wanda Vision but can only take so much Psychodelic at one time. Hopefully Sam and Buck will work out their problems and become a good team. Falcon is looking fantastic in the flying shots. Wonder who the people in the masks were, maybe Hydra.

1 hour ago, silverback said:

Wonder who the people in the masks were, maybe Hydra.

Considering the presence of USAgent and his role in discovering that the masked vigilante known as "the Scourge of the underworld" is not just one man but multiple people, part of me wonders if it might be that. Of course, that would also mean that if that were the case, then Marvel spoiled that right in the trailer, so probably not.

2 hours ago, watanabefan said:

Looking good. Love the banter.

As long as they don't go over the top with the "funny" (when has the MCU EVER done that), this could be cool. Of course, growing up on movies like Tango & Cash, Lethal Weapon, and Showdown in Little Tokyo, I'm kinda jazzed for the superhero equivalent of a "Buddy Cop" movie any way.

On 2/7/2021 at 11:23 PM, leokearon said:

A really fun trailer but nothing that gets me really excited. Still Zemo looks good and really interested in who will wield the Shield? Sharon is the weakest part coming off as a poor woman's Mockingbird

Sharon honestly has always been a weaker character in the Cap comics; if you see her as a "poor woman's Mockingbird" just remember that Mockingbird is a feeble copy of DC's Black Canary ( and THAT character isn't much to get excited about either lol). They certainly tried hard to give her a place, certainly during the 70s, but they practically phased her out until the last few years. The MCU version has had even less impact, and frankly with Cap venturing back to the past to marry Peg (only to age forward to the present day as an old man), I can't see what her purpose is. Perhaps this series will give her the chance for a bigger purpose.

11 hours ago, Satam said:

Considering the presence of USAgent and his role in discovering that the masked vigilante known as "the Scourge of the underworld" is not just one man but multiple people, part of me wonders if it might be that. Of course, that would also mean that if that were the case, then Marvel spoiled that right in the trailer, so probably not.

Okay I'm not familiar with this Scourge guy or actually US Agent for that matter. Was this an old comics story or recent?