Falcon And The Winter Soldier Premiers On March 19 - Super Bowl TV Spot

JayC

Actor Wyatt Russell finally gets his own character poster for the new Disney+ The Falcon And The Winter Soldier series. Russell who is the real life son of Kurt Russell (also an MCU alum who played Ego, Star-Lords father in Guardians Of The Galaxy 2) plays the character John Walker in the latest Disney+ MCU driven show. Walker is the latest person to assume the role of Captain America in the MCU after Sam Wilson turned it down and gave up the shield Steve Rogers gave him at the end of Avengers: Endgame. Walker was heavily featured in episode 2 “The Star-Spangled Man” which premiered this past Friday.

Of course the big question is, will Walker be able to live up to the legacy of Captain America, or is there another fate that awaits him down the road? We have 4 more episodes of The Falcon And The Winter Soldier yet to air in order to find out.

John-Walker-Character-Poster.jpg

This guy definitely got some heat, which is understandable. I think they're doing a fine job with him though and the show in general, but up till now I really don't know how to feel about him and decide whether or not I am with the majority of the fans on this one. We're in a new era and we're seeing someone else wield the shield besides than Steve, which makes me at times wish that he was still around to show Walker how it's done.... so I'm guessing some first emotions are negative. In any case we'll see how things turn out, but he's evolving into an enemy figure so it wouldn't be too bad if we strongly dislike someone like him, right? Afterall we had enough relatable antagonists and ones that we even liked a whole lot, so personally I'd be fine with someone who actually gives you the '' bad '' guy you love to hate vibes. 

still baffles me how they made such a good US Agent costume but then messed it up by not actually coloring the white stripes on his chest as white

like, they're THERE, but they're just left blue

it doesn't even make sense if you try to be like "but MCU Cap often had less white on his costume" when the red and white stripes are in roughly the same area as where MCU Cap always had red-and-white stripes

it really doesn't make sense to me, without the white stripes the costume just isn't quite there

On 3/28/2021 at 12:23 PM, Jeddostotle7 said:

still baffles me how they made such a good US Agent costume but then messed it up by not actually coloring the white stripes on his chest as white

like, they're THERE, but they're just left blue

it doesn't even make sense if you try to be like "but MCU Cap often had less white on his costume" when the red and white stripes are in roughly the same area as where MCU Cap always had red-and-white stripes

it really doesn't make sense to me, without the white stripes the costume just isn't quite there

I agree; it throws the whole thing off and they may as well just have given him some generic military uniform; why give him the red stripes and not the white. What does his uniform symbolize now??

I get that putting someone in a red white & blue outfit, on screen, is way different than in the comics. I get that they don't want these guys to appear clownish and they want them to be taken seriously when we see them beat the living snot out of some criminal dirtbag. At the same time, the costume is the costume, and Captain America needs to look like Captain America, not some frikin SWAT goon in tactical gear. 

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I get that putting someone in a red white & blue outfit, on screen, is way different than in the comics. I get that they don't want these guys to appear clownish and they want them to be taken seriously when we see them beat the living snot out of some criminal dirtbag. At the same time, the costume is the costume, and Captain America needs to look like Captain America, not some frikin SWAT goon in tactical gear. 

Agree as well, they had to go with the Red, White & Blue as they're portraying him as the new Cap and the new face of our country. He's gotta look the part to buy into what they're selling. He wore the actual Captain America suit in the comics too. And TBH, facially he looks more like Cap in the comics than Chris Evans ever did. It's pretty crazy, actually.

We've all seen the concept art and know John Walker will probably end up with the black and red costume. I'm assuming after Sam eventually takes up the mantle of Captain America at the end of the season (hopefully), and John will either turn into an unaffiliated vigilante or the USA's "other" agent, or possibly it's Black Ops agent. We all kinda know Thunderbolts are somewhere in the works, right?

Also, anyone else starting to think Zemo is a Red Herring in this show? Not that he won't possibly end up playing a major role in the future of the MCU, but I get the feeling he's gonna be more like a fleeting glimpse in this series and the whole purple mask thing is gonna be the parting shot at the end of it all, to point to "bigger" things.

Well Agent 13 sure got her moment in the sun in this 3rd episode! I think she had more screen time and more relevancy here than she did in any of movie appearances. I'm also impressed and wonderfully pleased how they're blending the Marvel Universe...major characters and their impact are mentioned, and minor characters are unfolding and being fleshed out. When they brought in the Power Broker I wondered if maybe they'd name drop Karl Malus, and hook in the Netflix Marvel 'verse as well. Perhaps in time....

The other thing I'm just loving about the series is that its clear they spent a lot of money on it and it shows. Things look as they should, and that's no small feat, given the budgetary pushback they must be getting, not to mention COVID still in play. Agents of SHIELD had so many flaws but one that was most glaring was the studio clearly didn't want to spend the right money on it.

The Falcon & the Winter Soldier is just hitting it on all cylinders....keep it up!!

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Well Agent 13 sure got her moment in the sun in this 3rd episode! I think she had more screen time and more relevancy here than she did in any of movie appearances. I'm also impressed and wonderfully pleased how they're blending the Marvel Universe

Yes they really made her much more, but also it shows that Steve didn't even give a damn about her at all,  she was clearly his gf in civil war, I get that she was only initially intended to be Steve's main love  before whole endgame finale, and now everything is even more awkward and more you think about it worse it makes you feel about Steve as a character. Yes, finale with the dance was beautiful, but it's literally forgets whole point of Steve's character as the one to sacrifice himself, let alone in Endgame Steve forces Tony give up his own happiness so they can resume fight, and after Tony's sacrifice he does what? Gets his own happy ending? In no universe Steve would  go abandoning his friends let alone knowing he played role in Tony's demise and then running and getting his own happy ending. It was just bad move full stop, when Endgame could have ended with both Tony and Steve making heroic sacrifice, thematically it would work perfectly for endgame since one of the main ideas of endgame was restoring friendship between Tony and Steve and learning to work together as a team, if they wanted they could even find a way to squeeze dance scene, they would just have to make Steve spend slightly more time in 70s, they could literally dance Peggy's office. I' sorry for ranting I'm still too salty about treatment of Steve's character. 

2 hours ago, SpiderS said:

Yes they really made her much more, but also it shows that Steve didn't even give a damn about her at all,  she was clearly his gf in civil war, I get that she was only initially intended to be Steve's main love  before whole endgame finale, and now everything is even more awkward and more you think about it worse it makes you feel about Steve as a character. Yes, finale with the dance was beautiful, but it's literally forgets whole point of Steve's character as the one to sacrifice himself, let alone in Endgame Steve forces Tony give up his own happiness so they can resume fight, and after Tony's sacrifice he does what? Gets his own happy ending? In no universe Steve would  go abandoning his friends let alone knowing he played role in Tony's demise and then running and getting his own happy ending. It was just bad move full stop, when Endgame could have ended with both Tony and Steve making heroic sacrifice, thematically it would work perfectly for endgame since one of the main ideas of endgame was restoring friendship between Tony and Steve and learning to work together as a team, if they wanted they could even find a way to squeeze dance scene, they would just have to make Steve spend slightly more time in 70s, they could literally dance Peggy's office. I' sorry for ranting I'm still too salty about treatment of Steve's character. 

I know you're looking at this from a canonical point of view but it's purely the writing. Sharon being completely dropped is one of my biggest gripes in the entire mcu. I love that character and the actress is great and it really bothers me that they just dropped her to have Steve's "happy ending." I think instead of calling Steve's character into question it points out the flaws in Endgames plotting (and don't get me wrong, I do like Endgame quite a bit.) Peggy is great and all but I was more interested in Steve moving on and realizing that the past is the past but now is what's important which would lead into his sacrifice play to fix what Thanos had done. Instead we got a touching, albeit out of place, dance with his gal. Sharon was just left out like it didn't matter that she and Steve were an item. That's more confusing than a fault in Steve's character. 

On 4/5/2021 at 4:29 AM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Sharon was just left out like it didn't matter that she and Steve were an item. That's more confusing than a fault in Steve's character. 

I'd say Sharon's treatment was the result of the writers, desire/necessity to cut time and budget, etc.

One could also argue that Steve, upon finding out Sharon wasnt his neighbor, but actually was installed in his apt bldg to keep tabs on him, just couldn't connect to her the way he did Peggy. 

And lets be honest....Haley Atwell. Need I say more.

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I'd say Sharon's treatment was the result of the writers, desire/necessity to cut time and budget, etc.

One could also argue that Steve, upon finding out Sharon wasnt his neighbor, but actually was installed in his apt bldg to keep tabs on him, just couldn't connect to her the way he did Peggy. 

And lets be honest....Haley Atwell. Need I say more.

If he didn't feel that connection, would he have been romantically involved with her the way he was in Civil War? In that film their relationship was in full swing or at least seemed that way . I don't see him having any problems with her.

And yes, Haley Atwell is drop dead gorgeous (that red dress scene in First Avenger springs to mind) but personally Emily VanCamp isn't too bad herself, especially with that girl next door thing going on.

It's being titled a mid-season trailer even though their are only 2 episodes left in a 6 episode season. Never-the-less in this new trailer we see what looks like Sam and Bucky ready to throw down with John Walker after the events of episode 4. Check it out below.

Episode 5 debuts on Disney+ this Friday (4/16) with the final episode for this series set to premier on April 23.

Walker.jpg

Only 2 episodes left- there's been so much so far, I don't see how they're gonna wrap it up (satisfactorily) in the time left. If nothing else, it would be great to get another season, maybe with the Falcon and Winter Soldier taking down A.I.M....facing off (no pun intended) against MODOK. 

Its been a good wild ride so far though!!