Falcon And The Winter Soldier Premiers On March 19 - Super Bowl TV Spot

JayC

I'm surprised there isnt a review of the actual show up yet, but I saw it and must say, it rocked right out of the gate. The action and flying sequences are perfect!

Falcon's outfit is heading more and more to what we're familiar with, Redwing is an impressive drone/support/weapon, and if anyone remembers, back in the day before Falcon received his wings from the Black Panther, he used to have a grappling hook ("Hawk hook") on his gauntlet that contained about 30 ft aircraft-control cable, that he used for swinging around the city, sometimes to nab fleeing crooks, etc. Well on the show he's got that too. Oh and Batroc the Leaper is back! Far more impressive in the show than he ever was in the comics.

One thing I wasn't happen with is that everyone calls him Sam. Yeah, we know his identity is public now and all, but still its a peeve of mine. His family and hometown friends are shown, and of course they're gonna call him Sam, but even on combat missions the support/mission control staff are calling him Sam (p.s. Joaquin Torres from the comics is introduced too). Not gonna hit any spoilers here but by now everyone knows Falcon doesnt have Cap's shield anymore, and by the end of the show we what happened, and USAgent is introduced as the new Captain America. 

Winter Soldier has his own story here, which is basically him trying to reintegrate into the world, dealing with the twin issues of being a 100yr od man out of time and a mind-controlled assassin. His ways of "making amends" on that 12 Step program will impress you.

While WandaVision started out slow (VERY slow), The Falcon & the Winter Soldier hit the ground running!

2 hours ago, tarot said:

Anyone else want a torres' falcon ml now?

Never really cared for the Torres Falcon, to be honest. Something about it always seemed so forced and unnecessary to me. I do like what they're doing to him in the show (of course its only the first episode so who knows where it'll all wind up). But I sure do want a classic Falcon by Legends! 

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I'm surprised there isnt a review of the actual show up yet, but I saw it and must say, it rocked right out of the gate. The action and flying sequences are perfect!

Falcon's outfit is heading more and more to what we're familiar with, Redwing is an impressive drone/support/weapon, and if anyone remembers, back in the day before Falcon received his wings from the Black Panther, he used to have a grappling hook ("Hawk hook") on his gauntlet that contained about 30 ft aircraft-control cable, that he used for swinging around the city, sometimes to nab fleeing crooks, etc. Well on the show he's got that too. Oh and Batroc the Leaper is back! Far more impressive in the show than he ever was in the comics.

One thing I wasn't happen with is that everyone calls him Sam. Yeah, we know his identity is public now and all, but still its a peeve of mine. His family and hometown friends are shown, and of course they're gonna call him Sam, but even on combat missions the support/mission control staff are calling him Sam (p.s. Joaquin Torres from the comics is introduced too). Not gonna hit any spoilers here but by now everyone knows Falcon doesnt have Cap's shield anymore, and by the end of the show we what happened, and USAgent is introduced as the new Captain America. 

Winter Soldier has his own story here, which is basically him trying to reintegrate into the world, dealing with the twin issues of being a 100yr od man out of time and a mind-controlled assassin. His ways of "making amends" on that 12 Step program will impress you.

While WandaVision started out slow (VERY slow), The Falcon & the Winter Soldier hit the ground running!

Blew my hair back, man.  The effects and action were top-notch.  And Batroc.  You can never have too much Batroc.  I cannot wait for episode 2!

Variety is reporting that Disney has told them without giving any specific numbers that last Friday's premiere of The Falcon And The Winter Soldier was the streaming service’s most watched series premiere ever during its opening weekend. It beat out the series premier of both WandaVision and the Star Wars based The Mandalorian.

The Falcon And The Winter Soldier now joins the “WandaVision” series premiere and the Season 2 premiere of “The Mandalorian” as being the top three most watched original season openers to date on Disney+.

Of course that really shouldn't be super surprising being how few major original shows have actually debuted on the streaming service since it launched in November 2019.

While Disney didn't give any kind of specific numbers. It's being reported by TV software and data analysis firm Samba TV that the show had 1.7 million households watching the premier of The Falcon And Winter Solider this weekend, which beat out WandaVision's premier which had 1.6 million households watching. They went on to report that they estimated 1.8 million households watched at least five minutes of the “Zack Snyder’s Justice League” movie over the same time period which also premiered this weekend over on HBO Max.

Falcon-And-The-Winter-Soldier-Poster 1.jpg

FWS-Episode-1-01.jpg

FWS-Episode-1-02.jpg

FWS-Episode-1-03.jpg

FWS-Episode-1-04.jpg

FWS-Episode-1-05.jpg

FWS-Episode-1-06.jpg

Yup, that sounds about right, that first episode was really remarkable. I think it's justified, at least compared to the other succesfull premiere of Marvel's D+ TV show -WandaVision- because it was a bit better. A direct comparison can't be made because it's two entirely different shows, but overall TFATWS had a better start, in terms of making us understand the tone of the show and getting us into the story right from the start, which almost always works better, because you have a clearer idea of what to expect and it's kinda easier to get you invested. I'm not saying that I didn't like the first episode of WandaVision, in contrary to the popular opinion I really thought it was enjoyable, as well as the second, but I was kinda feeling that I had no idea what to expect and was confused in a way. Like I said it's two different shows (can' t speak for the mandalorian, cause I haven't watced it), but in addition to what I already said, the numbers don't lie and we got a great show ahead of us. 

I thought the first episode was a bit meandering. I know it's necessary to take it a little slow to get the characters and plot laid out, but there's a lot to pack into a, what is it now, 6 episode season. I'm sure it'll get better and I do love the characters, but the 2nd episode better put a foot on that pedal.

A lot of people were trashing the New Cap, but it's actually pretty accurate. Even in the comics John Walker had a much more pronounced jaw and nose and he looked much "rougher" than Steve. I think that wonky chin strap has a lot to do with it as well, and the goofy smile. I think he'll look just fine after a bit of costume tweeking and some 3 day beard growth.

I've got really high hopes for this.