Falcon And The Winter Soldier Premiers On March 19 - Super Bowl TV Spot

JayC

So, damn!! Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine! Did NOT see that coming. Even if I did, I never would've picked Julia-Louis for the role, but I will say, she did a good job in that cameo. She didn't have the white streak in her hair, though.

Personally I always thought if the Contessa ever came to the MCU, Famke Janssen would've been my first pick, then either Jessica Pare or Marian Cotillard. 

They are gonna HAVE to do a season 2...

cv01vv.jpg

37 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

So, damn!! Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine! Did NOT see that coming. Even if I did, I never would've picked Julia-Louis for the role, but I will say, she did a good job in that cameo. She didn't have the white streak in her hair, though.

Personally I always thought if the Contessa ever came to the MCU, Famke Janssen would've been my first pick, then either Jessica Pare or Marian Cotillard. 

They are gonna HAVE to do a season 2...

cv01vv.jpg

Yeah I as really surprised when she showed up played by Julia, this show alone has really given us so many new MCU characters, it's going to be fun to see how they start interacting with other heroes/villains in the sandbox that is the MCU in the future. Yeah she didn't have a white piece in her hair, but she had blue in it. I don't know if that was a funny nod to how they shaded the black in comics or it was a play on the whole other color streak in her hair. Clearly she is going to play a role in what comes next for Walker.

I wasn't crazy about how easily the Falcon gave up his wings. Sure, in the comics, Joaquin puts on the mantle sometime after Falcon becomes Captain America. Here, the Falcon just casts off his damaged equipment like its nothing. It doesn't make sense because in the first episode we saw how dedicated he was to repairing the Red Wing drone, and wouldn't even let the Air Force touch it. The wings are damaged after the fight, but they're not totally destroyed, and besides who would just give up the power of flight that easily??

Also just handing this kind of equipment/weapon system over like that strikes me as irresponsible. This is a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands and we already know how forces have been trying to get their hooks into the Iron Man armor, the Super Soldier Serum, etc. 

At the end we see that the Wakandans have sent the Falcon a large case which most likely contains his variant Captain America uniform. But that case is too big to just hold a suit, so I'm betting there's some upgraded wings in there. We'll see. If there's one thing Wanda Vision showed us, theyre not above tossing some curve balls!

RANT: I swear if I see one more person share that theory about that character being a skrull and going to kill someone. She was not a skrull. Just because she turned evil doesn't make her a skrull. That teaser was clearly setting up the Armor War series, not secret invasion. "Oh but wandavision had a skrull in it". Yeah because they wanted to show that Monica would in the secret invasion series. The series is not going to be like endgame. It is Nick Fury solo series. 

2 hours ago, tarot said:

RANT: I swear if I see one more person share that theory about that character being a skrull and going to kill someone. She was not a skrull. Just because she turned evil doesn't make her a skrull. That teaser was clearly setting up the Armor War series, not secret invasion. "Oh but wandavision had a skrull in it". Yeah because they wanted to show that Monica would in the secret invasion series. The series is not going to be like endgame. It is Nick Fury solo series. 

Well, obviously you'd know more about that than the rest of us, but who says they're not setting up BOTH? The Skrull theory would certainly make a lot more since than Sharon just deciding "Hey, I'll be evil now."

And frankly, who are you to say what the series is gonna be? Get over yourself.

18 hours ago, tarot said:

Welcome to WandaVision and the constant Reverse HOM theories.

I really hope there's no skrulls involved here, it was satisfying finale action wise, especially after WandaVision that made us realize there won't be any serious reveals without actual movies, which adjusted my expectations.  I still wish we would have seen more story to Sharon, similar to WV's Rambeau flashback episode, sadly we didn't see if she was snapped or not, even tho she was considered gone but so was Antman, either way it would help her story act much more, additionally action packed flashback would be cool for Isaiah instead of him just telling his story to Sam.

13 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

I really hope there's no skrulls involved here, it was satisfying finale action wise, especially after WandaVision that made us realize there won't be any serious reveals without actual movies, which adjusted my expectations.  I still wish we would have seen more story to Sharon, similar to WV's Rambeau flashback episode, sadly we didn't see if she was snapped or not, even tho she was considered gone but so was Antman, either way it would help her story act much more, additionally action packed flashback would be cool for Isaiah instead of him just telling his story to Sam.

Given that she was able to set up a criminal empire as that I would say she wasn't snapped. I think the snapping may have lead to her turning to crime. Hell she even said she spent 6 years on the run.

On 4/24/2021 at 5:50 PM, tarot said:

That teaser was clearly setting up the Armor War series

That was my take as well. I simulwatchd the finale with some friends who are fans of the MCU (not Marvel in general, the MCU in specific) and when the post-credits scene happened, they were disconcerted because it "didn't set up anything." What were they expecting, for General Ross to walk up to Zemo in the Raft, name-drop the Thunderbolts and wink at the camera? It's like people learned nothing from WandaVision. On the other hand, my first and instant thought was "this has to lead to Armor Wars." Or at least I hope it does.

On 4/25/2021 at 10:30 AM, tarot said:

Given that she was able to set up a criminal empire as that I would say she wasn't snapped. I think the snapping may have lead to her turning to crime. Hell she even said she spent 6 years on the run.

I can see that; also keep in mind she felt betrayed and abandoned. She was hunted and was facing either incarceration or death, and all for doing the right thing. She had to make a living for herself and turned to the one avenue that could provide for her welfare AND security. I'm not crazy about the character choosing crime, but in her mind, they really left her no choice.

Also, let's be honest: Sharon's there to be Cap's girlfriend. Cap's not around anymore and their relationship in the MCU was never shown to really matter, which really limits the character, right?

However now, she's not just two dimensional background furniture. Shes got layers; there's depth now and nuance as the Power Broker. Really not a bad move by the MCU writers here.

1 minute ago, Atlantis said:

I can see that; also keep in mind she felt betrayed and abandoned. She was hunted and was facing either incarceration or death, and all for doing the right thing. She had to make a living for herself and turned to the one avenue that could provide for her welfare AND security. I'm not crazy about the character choosing crime, but in her mind, they really left her no choice.

Also, let's be honest: Sharon's there to be Cap's girlfriend. Cap's not around anymore and their relationship in the MCU was never shown to really matter, which really limits the character, right?

However now, she's not just two dimensional background furniture. Shes got layers; there's depth now and nuance as the Power Broker. Really not a bad move by the MCU writers here.

Plus in the comics, she has turned evil a few times. Usually as a triple spy granted but the pretence is there.

All kinds of plausible explanations or the direction Sharon's gone in.  Could be working undercover, could be a Skrull, could just be having a dark time in her life and maybe she'll come out of it later, but as noted the character has had her moments of being hard-edged and villain-y in the comics so it's not without precedent.

But I tend to lean away from the Skrull theory.  I think if there's a Skrull in this series it's probably Val, who I'm suspecting may end up being the Skrull Queen.