Marvel's Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur Animated Series Voice Cast Announced

JayC

Actress and singer Diamond White (“The Bold and the Beautiful,” Disney’s “The Lion Guard”) will star as Lunella Lafayette (aka Moon Girl) in Disney Channel’s highly anticipated animated series “Marvel’s Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur,” slated to premiere in 2022. Also joining the lead cast are Alfre Woodard (“Marvel’s Luke Cage”) as Lunella’s grandmother, Mimi; Libe Barer (“Sneaky Pete”) as Lunella’s best friend and manager, Casey; Sasheer Zamata (“Saturday Night Live”) as Lunella’s mom, Adria; Jermaine Fowler (“Superior Donuts”) as Lunella’s dad, James Jr.; Fred Tatasciore (“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”) as the one-and-only Devil Dinosaur; and Gary Anthony Williams (Disney Junior’s “Doc McStuffins”) as Lunella’s grandfather, Pops. Series executive producer Laurence Fishburne will voice the recurring role of The Beyonder, a curious and mischievous trickster.

Based on Marvel’s hit comic books, “Marvel’s Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur” follows the adventures of 13-year-old super-genius Lunella Lafayette and her 10-ton T-Rex, Devil Dinosaur. After Lunella accidentally brings Devil Dinosaur into present-day New York City via a time vortex, the duo works together to protect the city’s Lower East Side from danger.

From Disney Television Animation, the series is executive produced by Fishburne and Helen Sugland’s Cinema Gypsy Productions (ABC’s “black-ish” and “mixed-ish,” Freeform’s “grown-ish”) and Emmy® Award-winner Steve Loter (Disney’s “Kim Possible”). Emmy Award-winner Rodney Clouden (“Futurama”) is supervising producer, Jeffrey M. Howard (“Planes”) and Emmy Award-winner Kate Kondell (“The Pirate Fairy”) are co-producers and story editors, and Pilar Flynn (“Elena of Avalor”) is producer.

Moon-Girl.jpg

Highly anticipated?!!! That's a little much, isn't? More like lukewarmly acknowledgeable. I'll agree that it is a perfect fit for a children's show in that it's always been a quite juvenile concept from the start, made even more childish in recent years, buuuut soon to be written and produced by a 60 year old drama actor. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. These characters haven't been able to hold down a comic for more than a few issue run, but I'm sure Timmy Turner meets Jurassic Park is gonna be a break-out hit.

Seems cute and for the kids, I don't have any interest in watching this, the whole Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur thing seemed to childish for me, I'm also sure this probably won't last very long, despite the notion that these 2 are popular I don't really know of anybody who likes these 2 and the comics seem to come and go, it's for kids but..kids don't care about this stuff, they'd still rather see Iron Man or Spidey.

If comic popularity were key to mainstream success, we wouldn't live in a world where Rocket Raccoon and Groot are pop culture icons. Saying "I don't know anyone who likes these characters in the comics" doesn't really matter because the actual audience who reads comics is a small fraction of the overall market for movies and TV shows.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

Moon boy is still in the primitive world. Moon girl is in the current timeline. 

They aren't trying to hide it and she has generally had a positive reception. 

I'm betting 99 percent of that positive reception is due to how much exposure and push they gave Moon Girl than they ever gave Moon Boy. Taking any agenda out of the equation, had they put as much effort into pushing MB over as they did MG, I'd say the reception would have been comparable. Basically, all I'm saying is there probably wasn't really any need for any change at all. Except for that "one thing", of course.

Still, if Hasbro wants to do a Deluxe $50 box set of DD and MG, I'm all over it.

15 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I'm betting 99 percent of that positive reception is due to how much exposure and push they gave Moon Girl than they ever gave Moon Boy. Taking any agenda out of the equation, had they put as much effort into pushing MB over as they did MG, I'd say the reception would have been comparable. Basically, all I'm saying is there probably wasn't really any need for any change at all. Except for that "one thing", of course.

Still, if Hasbro wants to do a Deluxe $50 box set of DD and MG, I'm all over it.

hey as long as I get my big red dino, I don't care who he comes with.

• 1 year later...

A multitalented lineup of guests and recurring stars are lending their voices to "Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur," the highly anticipated series from Disney Branded Television, which centers on 13-year-old super-genius Lunella Lafayette and her 10-ton T-Rex, Devil Dinosaur. Slated to premiere in 2023 on Disney Channel and Disney+, the stellar guest cast includes Alison Brie ("GLOW"), Andy Cohen ("Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen"), Daveed Diggs (Broadway's "Hamilton"), Maya Hawke ("Stranger Things"), Jennifer Hudson ("Respect"), Cliff "Method Man" Smith ("Power Book II: Ghost"), Cobie Smulders ("How I Met Your Mother") and Wesley Snipes ("Blade" trilogy). Recurring stars include Omid Abtahi ("The Mandalorian"), Utkarsh Ambudkar ("Ghosts"), Michael Cimino ("Love, Victor"), and Indya Moore ("Pose"), and Craig Robinson ("The Office").

Additional guest cast for the series includes Gideon Adlon ("Pacific Rim: The Black"), Pamela Adlon ("Better Things"), Anna Akana ("Youth & Consequences"), Ian Alexander ("The OA"), May Calamawy (Marvel Studios' "Moon Knight"), Wilson Cruz ("Star Trek: Discovery"), Asia Kate Dillon ("Billions"), Luis Guzmán ("How to Make It in America"), astronaut Dr. Mae Jemison, Josh Keaton ("Marvel's Spider-Man"), June Diane Raphael ("Grace and Frankie"), Paul Scheer ("The League") and Tajinae Turner ("Meet the Voxels").

"Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur" stars Diamond White as Lunella (aka Moon Girl); Alfre Woodard as Lunella's grandmother, Mimi; Libe Barer as Lunella's best friend and manager, Casey; Sasheer Zamata as Lunella's mom, Adria; Jermaine Fowler as Lunella's dad, James Jr.; Gary Anthony Williams as Lunella's grandfather, Pops; and series executive producer Laurence Fishburne in the recurring role of The Beyonder, a curious and mischievous trickster.

Produced by Disney Television Animation, the series is executive produced by Fishburne and Helen Sugland's Cinema Gypsy Productions (ABC's "black-ish" and "mixed-ish," Freeform's "grown-ish") and Steve Loter (Disney's "Kim Possible"). Rodney Clouden ("Futurama") is supervising producer, Kate Kondell ("The Pirate Fairy") and Jeffrey M. Howard ("Planes") are co-producers and story editors, and Pilar Flynn ("Elena of Avalor") as producer.

marvels_moon_girl_and_devil_dinosaur_xlg.jpg

• 2 months later...

Disney Branded Television has ordered a second season of the highly anticipated animated series Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, ahead of the Feb. 10 series premiere on Disney Channel and shortly thereafter on Disney+. The news, along with a clip from the theme song, "Moon Girl Magic," written and produced by executive music producer Raphael Saadiq and performed by series star Diamond White (voice of Lunella aka Moon Girl), was revealed today during a Marvel's panel at New York Comic Con.

The Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur soundtrack, from Walt Disney Records, is set for release on Feb. 10 and will feature songs from the first season. Next summer, fans can also look forward to a brand-new assortment of toys, apparel and more based on the series.

Based on Marvel's hit comic books, the series follows the adventures of 13-year-old super-genius Lunella Lafayette and her 10-ton T-Rex, Devil Dinosaur, whom she accidentally brings through time into present-day New York City. Equipped with Devil's fierce loyalty and brawn, the loving support of her family and best friend Casey, Lunella sets out to make a difference and protect her Lower East Side neighborhood from danger.

In addition to White, the series stars Fred Tatasciore as Devil Dinosaur; Alfre Woodard as Lunella's grandmother, Mimi; Libe Barer as Lunella's best friend and manager, Casey; Sasheer Zamata as Lunella's mom, Adria; Jermaine Fowler as Lunella's dad, James Jr.; Gary Anthony Williams as Lunella's grandfather, Pops; and series executive producer Laurence Fishburne in the recurring role of The Beyonder, a curious and mischievous trickster.

The season one guest cast includes Gideon Adlon, Pamela Adlon, Anna Akana, Ian Alexander, Alison Brie, May Calamawy, Andy Cohen, Wilson Cruz, Daveed Diggs, Asia Kate Dillon, Luis Guzmán, Maya Hawke, Jennifer Hudson, Dr. Mae Jemison, Josh Keaton, June Diane Raphael, Paul Scheer, Cliff "Method Man" Smith, Cobie Smulders, Wesley Snipes and Tajinae Turner. Recurring stars include Omid Abtahi, Utkarsh Ambudkar, Michael Cimino, Indya Moore and Craig Robinson.

Produced by Disney Television Animation, the series is executive produced by Fishburne and Helen Sugland's Cinema Gypsy Productions (ABC's black-ish and mixed-ish, Freeform's grown-ish) and Steve Loter (Disney's Kim Possible). For season two, Rodney Clouden (Futurama) and Pilar Flynn (Elena of Avalor) are co-executive producers; Kate Kondell (The Pirate Fairy) is co-executive producer and story editor; Halima Lucas (East of La Brea) is co-producer and story editor; Ben Juwono (Big Hero 6 The Series) is co-producer and supervising director; Chris Whittier (Big Hero 6 The Series) and Jose Lopez (Transformers Prime) are art directors; Rafael Chaidez (Kung Fu Panda) is producer.

marvels_moon_girl_and_devil_dinosaur_ver2__xlg.jpg