Make a Retro Incredible Hulk Wave

RyanDaly

Since the Maestro announcement last week, and also since I've been re-reading some Incredible Hulk comics lately, I've been thinking about what it would take to get a Hulk wave or waves. I decided to make two different waves, one based on larger-sized figures that would normally be deluxe or BAF. Naturally, these would be more expensive but each would come not only with sweet deluxe level accessories, but also a build-a-vehicle piece to make a giant 12-inch tall (or bigger) Murder Module for the Leader or General Ross to sit in and terrorize the Hulk.

Deluxe Wave

1. Professor Hulk - short hair, brown pants, insanely big guns, from the Pantheon era of Peter David's run; interchangeable head with glasses; interchangeable open and closed hands
  2. Joe Fixit - comic book version
  3. The Abomination - redo from the old BAF version; interchangeable head with the new Immortal Hulk variant 
  4. Zzzax
  5. Rhino - scaled down from the BAF version; closer to The Thing in size
  6. Bi-Beast - not the 20 foot tall version, the 7 or 8 foot version for scale
  7. Xemnu - ditto
  • Build-a-Vehicle: The Leader's Murder Module

The regular-sized wave would give us a human Banner, Sensational She-Hulk, and classic Doc Samson, as well as complete the entire U-Foes in one set.

Regular Wave

1. Bruce Banner - lab coat, pre-Gamma explosion
  2. She-Hulk - Sensational era
  3. Doc Samson - classic red shirt, blue pants; interchangeable head with hair in ponytail; Hercules or Crossobones size buck
  4. Vector 
  5. Vapor - wispy air/vapor effects attach onto her lower half and arms similar to Hydro Man
  6. X-Ray - Pizza Spidey buck; partially translucent 
  • Build-a-Figure.  Ironclad 

Fan Channel Exclusive

1. General "Thunderbolt" Ross
  2. Titania

Hasbro Pulse Army Builder

1. Humanoid - The Leader's pink, faceless synthetic creations

hulk2.jpg

hulk.jpg

4792653966e8650e9f726f986541a31f.jpg

I could get behind this. But honeslty I think Iron clad should be included as deluxe type fig. And a classic version of leader on a new buck thats slrnder and tall, that would be a dream but knowing hasbro that not gonna happen. And the abomination redo should use the gamerverse body with a comic book take.

I like this idea, but, other than maybe a few Fan Channel figures, I'd like them to be kept to all-deluxe waves- that would make them something really special. I would prefer large BAFS. Some waves...

Wave 1:

Skaar

Bi Beast

Professor Hulk

A-Bomb

Dr. Bruce Banner (With a TON of interchangeable parts- a few different heads, hands, etc.)

Xenmu

Hulk 2099

BAF:  Devil Dinosaur

Wave 2:

Red Hulk (In pants and shirt, with big guns)

Shield armor Hulk

Ultimate Hulk

Ironclad

Nul

Red King

Zzzax

BAF:  Maestro (armored)

6 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I'd really like a purple trunks Hulk from that era, and a Harpy figure would be awesome too.

Seems toy companies shy away from heroes in underwear.. took them forever to get us a proper Namor. At least Hulk doesn’t appear to be a near nekkid man

i want this particular look for a couple reasons. First, his appearance in Avengers 1 were in these little shorts so if Hasbro would be so inclined to include a first appearance head this could cover two great eras. Well close enough anyway.

2nd: Incredible Hulk 300 was one of the greatest comics I ever saw as a kid. Double sized and nearly one giant battle against SHIELD, The Avengers, Spidey, Power Man and Iron Fist, Dr Strange.. it was mind blowing!!

2 hours ago, McHogan said:

Seems toy companies shy away from heroes in underwear.. took them forever to get us a proper Namor. At least Hulk doesn’t appear to be a near nekkid man

i want this particular look for a couple reasons. First, his appearance in Avengers 1 were in these little shorts so if Hasbro would be so inclined to include a first appearance head this could cover two great eras. Well close enough anyway.

2nd: Incredible Hulk 300 was one of the greatest comics I ever saw as a kid. Double sized and nearly one giant battle against SHIELD, The Avengers, Spidey, Power Man and Iron Fist, Dr Strange.. it was mind blowing!!

I always think of the Roger Stern era of The Avengers as the time when a third of the team was guys in green speedos.

A1w2dkLT2oL.jpg

29 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I always think of the Roger Stern era of The Avengers as the time when a third of the team was guys in green speedos.

A1w2dkLT2oL.jpg

Great era for sure, speedos aside. I bet we could logic our way into  fitting either this version of Herc, Stingray and this version of Captain Marvel into a retro Hulk wave. 

....in a very six degrees of Kevin bacon kinda way..

Hercules took over Hulk's comic ("INCREDIBLE HERC") after the World War Hulk event. Amadeus Cho, who went on to become a Hulk himself, was Hercules' buddy/sidekick, so it's definitely feasible to put Hercules in a Hulk wave. As for the others... y'know, when Gray Gargoyle was in the Captain Marvel movie wave, the explanations really don't matter, do they?

19 hours ago, McHogan said:

"...Seems toy companies shy away from heroes in underwear.. took them forever to get us a proper Namor..."

I've not seen any hesitation on doing guys in briefs. For one, there's really not that many, but for the ones that are I don't see any shyness. There was no excessive wait ( Silver Centurion, that was an excessive waiting period) that I can think of for the Sub-Mariner, in either the Ronan wave or Black Panther wave. Frankly I'm waiting (hoping) for his 70s water wing suit!

On 2/11/2021 at 3:55 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

Wave 1:

Skaar

Bi Beast

Professor Hulk

A-Bomb

Dr. Bruce Banner (With a TON of interchangeable parts- a few different heads, hands, etc.)

Xenmu

Hulk 2099

BAF:  Devil Dinosaur

This is basically the wave I was going to do, except with a few changes

Skaar

Bi Beast

Zzzax

A-Bomb

Betty Ross Harpy

Xenmu

Hulk 2099

BAF:  Guilt Hulk "the Beast Hulk"

I also think of course we need Doc Samson, Red She-Hulk and a new bigger Comic Abomination, would be cool to get a Lord Armageddon.

also how long do you think it will take for us to get  Blue Hulk (Cap Universe) on the 80th buck, or a orange hulk (infernal hulk or that aoa version) and Black Hulk (Kluh) on that buck as well.?, I think it's a no brainer Compound Hulk on the 80th buck is coming sooner than we imagine. heck I just got my mind going and I guess we can get a Purple Hulk (Dark Hulk) and Yellow Hulk aka AIM Hulk.

5 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I also think of course we need Doc Samson, Red She-Hulk and a new bigger Comic Abomination, would be cool to get a Lord Armageddon.

also how long do you think it will take for us to get  Blue Hulk (Cap Universe) on the 80th buck, or a orange hulk (infernal hulk or that aoa version) and Black Hulk (Kluh) on that buck as well.?, I think it's a no brainer Compound Hulk on the 80th buck is coming sooner than we imagine. heck I just got my mind going and I guess we can get a Purple Hulk (Dark Hulk) and Yellow Hulk aka AIM Hulk.

I would definitely be open to any and all Hulk versions and outfits on appropriately-large bucks, including some obscure but cool ones like Carnage-Hulk from the Ultimate Spidey cartoon. I definitely think a bigger, badder comic-based Abomination is necessary, I just wouldn't put him in the first couple of waves, since we just had a BAF of him. I would also like a new Wendigo, eventually- the BAF is awesome from the neck down, but I am not a fan of the head sculpt and would love a repaint with an all-new, classic comic head. There are so many big Hulk-related characters, and I feel like Hasbro would make fewer deluxe waves if there were regular-sized waves of Hulk-related figures, but i think pretty much all of those characters, like Doc Samson, Red She-Hulk, new version of The Leader, etc., could all work in Avengers Legends wave, or as Fan Channel releases in retro packaging. The classic 80s Hercules mentioned in this thread needs to be made sooner than later.

1. Hulk (with butterfly joints and flat hands for the shockwave clap) credit too Atlantis for this choice 

2. Abomb

3. Abomination ( i think the gamerverse buck wit a classic look would be good)

4. Skaar

5. Roxxon 

6. classic leader (with taller buck) 

BAF: Xenmu or Bi-beast

extra: improved absorbing man

• 3 weeks later...