X-Men: House Of X Marvel Legends 6" Marvel Girl Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

erivera94 takes a look at the new X-Men: House Of X Marvel Legends 6" Marvel Girl figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY

and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Jean-Grey-01.JPG

Jean-Grey-02.JPG

Jean-Grey-03.JPG

Jean-Grey-04.JPG

Jean-Grey-05.JPG

Jean-Grey-06.JPG

Jean-Grey-07.JPG

Jean-Grey-08.JPG

Jean-Grey-09.JPG

Jean-Grey-10.JPG

Jean-Grey-11.JPG

Jean-Grey-12.JPG

Jean-Grey-13.JPG

Jean-Grey-14.JPG

Jean-Grey-15.JPG

I've stated my complaint on this figure many times already. For the sake of ease and cost Hasbro once again chose to try to pass off a simple repaint as a "new " figure. I didn't mind using this buck for Moira at all, because she's always come off (to me anyway) as a more petite woman, but this is way to short to be Jean. Like all characters, her height is arguable, but to not make her at least the same height or similar height as existing Jean Grey figures is a failure at base level. I love the face sculpt, though she does seem bored, and I do love this mold, it just was not right for this figure. After seeing the lazy attempt at Maestro and this half-assed go at Marvel Girl, Hasbro is really just sleepwalking through the process these days. Go ahead and throw Silver Surfer in that category as well. It's getting harder and harder to fork out my honest earned funds for this crap, and with a price hike coming, Hasbro better get better.

I’m sure my opinion on this isn’t going to be popular on this board, but I don’t really fault Hasbro too much for what they put out. This figure doesn’t interest me for a lot of the same reasons you mention, but I think at $20, it’s unfair to expect every figure to be perfect. In hindsight, Marvel Legends have come a long way, but not every figure has the same profit margin for Hasbro. A lot of the feedback about reused molds and needing alternative heads misses this point. I’m guessing Hasbro nets more making this Jean than they did making Dr. Doom, and if every figure had the Dr. Doom-type quality, the price would have to increase, at which point many people like myself would bow out of collecting.

18 minutes ago, GreenwithNV said:

I’m sure my opinion on this isn’t going to be popular on this board, but I don’t really fault Hasbro too much for what they put out. This figure doesn’t interest me for a lot of the same reasons you mention, but I think at $20, it’s unfair to expect every figure to be perfect. In hindsight, Marvel Legends have come a long way, but not every figure has the same profit margin for Hasbro. A lot of the feedback about reused molds and needing alternative heads misses this point. I’m guessing Hasbro nets more making this Jean than they did making Dr. Doom, and if every figure had the Dr. Doom-type quality, the price would have to increase, at which point many people like myself would bow out of collecting.

But certainly its reasonable to debate some of the specific re-use choices... e.g., why use Agent Carter's skirt & legs (with open-toed shoes) when you could use the recent Gwen Stacey/MJ  skirt & legs?  Also a weird choice of a figure to skimp on, since she has more crossover appeal than say HoX Prof X due to her being a pretty close approximation to her earlier Marvel Girl look.

5 hours ago, Bluecomet said:

A bit disappointed with this Hox/Pox wave based on the reviews...Hasbro asked the actual Artist (Pepe Larraz) to draw the packaging art but totally ignored the details....especially skipping the deco on the professor x body.

not a good sign that people are dug the storyline are finding the figures lackluster.  I still say hasbro would've been better off sprinkling these characters over a couple of waves instead of doing a themed wave like this .  (felt the same about AoA wave last year)

55 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I've stated my complaint on this figure many times already. For the sake of ease and cost Hasbro once again chose to try to pass off a simple repaint as a "new " figure. I didn't mind using this buck for Moira at all, because she's always come off (to me anyway) as a more petite woman, but this is way to short to be Jean. Like all characters, her height is arguable, but to not make her at least the same height or similar height as existing Jean Grey figures is a failure at base level. I love the face sculpt, though she does seem bored, and I do love this mold, it just was not right for this figure. After seeing the lazy attempt at Maestro and this half-assed go at Marvel Girl, Hasbro is really just sleepwalking through the process these days. Go ahead and throw Silver Surfer in that category as well. It's getting harder and harder to fork out my honest earned funds for this crap, and with a price hike coming, Hasbro better get better.

Overall I agree, i get that a long-running figure line is going to have a lot of re-use but just makes me want to spend more of my action figure budget on other lines like DC Multiverse or Fortnite (or even some of hasbro's other lines like GI Joe if they were actually on pegs in stores).

I'm not really a big stickler for height discrepancies normally but agree this case is a bit glaring. 

Still looking forward to Firestar, the WG exclusive Nova, Arcade, Ultron but i think that's about it as far as announced figures. (well MODOK if i can get him at a discounted price)

10 hours ago, ADour said:

Power effects are always welcome, but it's also worth mentioning that the Flowers of Krakoa are one of the most important plot points of HoX/PoX.

For a character that the designer claims to love so much, they sure took shortcuts with this one. No effects- ok, Its not mandatory, but they're not even consistent with the other Marvel Girl/Phoenix/Jean Grey figures they've done with the line. Faces wildly different, heights wildly different, hair color wildly different. And don't get me started on the cheaply done "boots".

1 hour ago, GreenwithNV said:

"I'm sure my opinion on this isn’t going to be popular on this board, but I don’t really fault Hasbro too much for what they put out...but I think at $20, it’s unfair to expect every figure to be perfect. In hindsight, Marvel Legends have come a long way, but not every figure has the same profit margin for Hasbro...."

You're right, I can't find this opinion to be popular with anyone here. Why would it be unfair for every figure to be perfect? Is it fair then to expect us to buy figures that, according to what you seem to be saying here, they deliberately cut corners with? This figure in particular is very, very basic compared to, say, Maverick. Yet they got him down letter perfect, at the same price point as Marvel Girl.  I'm not shedding any tears for a poor little multi billion corporation like Hasbro, and make excuses for churning out a sub-par product. Especially in this case, where just a little more attention to detail would've done the job. 

15 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

For a character that the designer claims to love so much, they sure took shortcuts with this one. No effects- ok, Its not mandatory, but they're not even consistent with the other Marvel Girl/Phoenix/Jean Grey figures they've done with the line. Faces wildly different, heights wildly different, hair color wildly different. And don't get me started on the cheaply done "boots".

You're right, I can't find this opinion to be popular with anyone here. Why would it be unfair for every figure to be perfect? Is it fair then to expect us to buy figures that, according to what you seem to be saying here, they deliberately cut corners with? This figure in particular is very, very basic compared to, say, Maverick. Yet they got him down letter perfect, at the same price point as Marvel Girl.  I'm not shedding any tears for a poor little multi billion corporation like Hasbro, and make excuses for churning out a sub-par product. Especially in this case, where just a little more attention to detail would've done the job. 

Don’t get me wrong, as a fan and collector, I wish they would do the top characters perfectly. But I also understand Hasbro isn’t running a charity. Not every figure will be top notch a la Doom or Maverick, at least not without raising the price. So yes, there are some figures they skimp on, and it’s not going to be Rock Python every time because nobody would buy that. But doll up Maverick and throw in a Strong Guy BAF piece and people will buy that up a lot faster, and the top characters like Jean many people will buy regardless of what they look like. So yes, as a collector it sucks, but at $20 per figure from a large publicly traded company which has to be profitable, nobody should be surprised they make these decisions.

41 minutes ago, Atlantis said:You're right, I can't find this opinion to be popular with anyone here. Why would it be unfair for every figure to be perfect? Is it fair then to expect us to buy figures that, according to what you seem to be saying here, they deliberately cut corners with? This figure in particular is very, very basic compared to, say, Maverick. Yet they got him down letter perfect, at the same price point as Marvel Girl.  I'm not shedding any tears for a poor little multi billion corporation like Hasbro, and make excuses for churning out a sub-par product. Especially in this case, where just a little more attention to detail would've done the job. 

To be clear, I’m not saying anyone here needs to like Hasbro for making some of these design decisions. But I kind of expect that will be the case for some of the characters I want, which keeps me from being pissed when it inevitably happens. And since I’m not willing to pay top dollar for Hot Toys or Mezco, I accept the situation for what it is (i.e., less than perfect).

This is my favorite look for Jean. The painted boots is a bit of a pain and she needs accessories since there's nothing much here, but my big complaint is her face sculpt. She seriously has the expression I have when I haven't had enough sleep and try to watch a movie late at night. We all like neutral expressions but this is borderline dead.

20 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

This is my favorite look for Jean. The painted boots is a bit of a pain and she needs accessories since there's nothing much here, but my big complaint is her face sculpt. She seriously has the expression I have when I haven't had enough sleep and try to watch a movie late at night. We all like neutral expressions but this is borderline dead.

Yeah... she looks stoned and/or exhausted. Overall, this is just a disappointing figure- it isn't awful, but it is very mediocre. For the lack of new tooling (Including using the too-short) body, they could have at least salvaged it by giving us some good accessories or interchangeable parts. 

2 hours ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Yeah... she looks stoned and/or exhausted. Overall, this is just a disappointing figure- it isn't awful, but it is very mediocre. For the lack of new tooling (Including using the too-short) body, they could have at least salvaged it by giving us some good accessories or interchangeable parts. 

That's the thing: it isn't awful but at the same time it's so close to being great. If they'd just put a little more effort in there. For every great Hasbro decision there seem to be so many head scratchers. Was this a rushed product? I'm especially blown away by how meh it is considering the designer of the figure is supposedly a huge fan. Did he fall asleep halfway through the job?

I still want this despite some odd things going on here that I'd deem halfassin, like the painted boots, nah..I mean sure whatever but...it's cheapy, also why is she so short I don't really recall her being this short in the books, but I might be wrong, either way I still want to get this figure..but I really want to know can we remove that mask!? , some one be brave and try.