New Guardians Of The Galaxy Members Revealed

JayC

The Marvel Universe is in for a whole galaxy of trouble and help will come from some surprising new space heroes! Ushering in a brand new age of cosmic storytelling, Al Ewing will introduce a brand-new lineup of Guardians of the Galaxy in April’s double-sized 175th issue, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #13. The team will consist of core members like Star-Lord, Rocket, and Gamora as well as some shocking new additions… DOCTOR DOOM and QUASAR!

The galaxy no longer needs heroes. It needs super heroes! Now deputized by the Galactic Council, the Guardians need new members to tackle their deadliest threats yet. One of Marvel’s premiere cosmic crusaders, Wendell Vaughn the original Quasar, makes his long-awaited return to answer the call. But what could possibly cause the maniacal Doctor Doom to join their ranks? With spectacular art by Juan Frigeri (Ghost Rider), mastermind Al Ewing is ready to boldly take the Guardians where no Guardian has gone before! Get on board, True Believer – it’s going to be the ride of your life!

"One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong. What's Doctor Doom doing here... and why? There's only one way to find out,” Ewing teased.

For Earth, there are the Avengers. For everywhere else, there’s… THE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY. Check out the connecting covers for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #13-15 below and don’t miss the start of the team’s game-changing new era this April!

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #13 (FEB210537)
Written by AL EWING
Art by JUAN FRIGERI
Cover by BRETT BOOTH
On Sale 4/14

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #14
Written by AL EWING
Art by JUAN FRIGERI
Cover by BRETT BOOTH
On Sale 5/12

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #15
Written by AL EWING
Art by JUAN FRIGERI
Cover by BRETT BOOTH
On Sale 6/23

GOTG-New-Team.jpg

25 minutes ago, mako said:

I love that they tossed Doom onto their little super-team, the most cliche thing EVER, and compound the cliche with . . . a Sesame Street song?

Marvel REALLY needs to out source these press releases.

Yeah, man. What were they thinking with having a cheeky quote from the critically acclaimed writer of the book in the press release of the book?

Oh man, be right back, your comment made me roll my eyes so hard I need to get them back into position.

Can’t wait to see Doom’s interaction with Emperor Hulkling & Wiccan. Also Hulkling’s interaction with his sister Phyla. This is a stacked team. I wonder if Ewing will tie up loose threads: what happened to Nova (Eve Bakian)? If Mantis & her son Quoi will unite again? Hulkling vs Quoi ruler of the Kree/Skrull Alliance vs ruler of the Cotati? If 616 Phyla will come back? If Bug is going to return? I wonder if other beings are going to join aside from being Kree/Skrull heavy, maybe Spaceknights, Shi’ar Empire, Krakoans who live in space, Asgardians, maybe some dang Inhumans for once etc... I’m highly interested where this new space age is going especially after enjoying the first few issues of Ewing’s Guardians, Empyre, Ultimates and New/US Avengers and Mighty Avengers

My entire exposure to GOTG is from the movies so this news isn’t too exciting for me. I recognize most though so it looks like an interesting era for this team.

they are starting to rival the Avengers and XMen for sheer members...

I'm liking some of the new members. Glad to see Quasar back at some capacity. Not a huge fan of the whole Bad Guys Gone Good thing. It just always seems like they're reaching. And then when they do go good it seems like they're never quite as imposing as they were when they were bad. Hopefully they're going for some kind of double-cross or nefarious motives storyline like the Mister Sinister one.

23 hours ago, McHogan said:

My entire exposure to GOTG is from the movies so this news isn’t too exciting for me. I recognize most though so it looks like an interesting era for this team.

they are starting to rival the Avengers and XMen for sheer members...

If you get a chance to explore the original Guardians, you should. Martinex, Yondu, Starhawk, Charlie-27, Vance Astro, Nikki....these will always be the Guardians of the Galaxy to me.

de0c561f-b0cb-4e4d-bc9b-9e4314a4f285.jpg