Hasbro Marvel Legends February 19, 2021 Live-Stream Coverage - Bring On The Bad Guys, Quasar And More

JayC

2 hours ago, tarot said:

Question? The helmet that comes with nova. That the nova corps overmind right?

It's Qubit, a Nova Centurian from the Abnett and Lanning run, the species apparently all look like floating heads/helmets.  

13 minutes ago, greenlucario said:

It's Qubit, a Nova Centurian from the Abnett and Lanning run, the species apparently all look like floating heads/helmets.  

Thanks. That make at least 4/5 brand new characters this livestream. With this guy that, Rider, Alexander, Phlish and even Titus we have build up quite a Nova Corps.

10 minutes ago, tarot said:

Thanks. That make at least 4/5 brand new characters this livestream. With this guy that, Rider, Alexander, Phlish and even Titus we have build up quite a Nova Corps.

Plus if you're using the previous Annihilation Nova this could stand in for one of the other new recruits like Malik Tarcel or Robbie Rider, I'd love to see a few options out there to grow the Nova Corps.

Pretty great reveals. Just psyched for Quasar, this is my number 1 costume want with his Quasar #1 suit right behind.

the Hood is by far the weakest. Never been a fan ( probably because Bendis loved him so much) but how about an alt demon head to give us some incentive to buy the “normal angry guy in bath robe” figure?

Red Skull is nice, hope this head fits on one of those older suit bodies,.been trying to get one to look right for his evil business man look circa Cap #350

Doom looks off, didn’t he wear the white tunic over his chest? The chest plate  just looks odd..

the rest are pretty cool with classic Nova being the highlight

edit: so annoyed that the classic colors Iron Man has a holographic head. Waste, why not an era specific Jim Rhodes or another era Stark, maybe his super mullet around the Neo Classic era...as is, hologram head goes into storage, 

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the reveals. I won't enjoy trying to find Nova and Quasar at Walgreens, but will still try to get them. It's likely I'll end up having to pay the usual 75% markup to a scalper on ebay for each of those. I went ahead and pre-ordered the whole Xemnu wave. I love about half of those figures and the others are just ok, but really want Xemnu.

Did I read somewhere previously that the Civil Warrior figure is actually going to be part of the Shang Chi wave? That would be a weird fit, but OK. It's possible that I'm misremembering that anyway... or plans could have even changed since then due to the movie being pushed back....

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

so annoyed that the classic colors Iron Man has a holographic head. Waste, why not an era specific Jim Rhodes or another era Stark, maybe his super mullet around the Neo Classic era...as is, hologram head goes into storage, 

If you have the 80th Anniversary Iron Man, that Tony Stark head should work fine on this new Iron Man, but a Jim Rhodes head from the Denny O'Neil era would've been cool, too.

That Xemnu is really cool but I just don't want all the figures in this wave. It was just one figure I didn't care it about, fine, I'd get the set. If it was a BAF I really wanted I'd tolerate 2 or maybe even 3 customizing fodder. Xemnu does look really good but I just want Red Skull, Deathstrike and Arcade. Doom looks like he's cross-dressing.

I feel a bit conflicted about the A.I. Tony figure. I wanted Hasbro to make a release like this (with barely any changes in the paint scheme) due to the flagrant QC issues of the original release, so now I'm content that collectors can get a version of classic Iron Man with properly-assembled limbs.

On the other hand, this could have been the chance to include more/different heads, like a horned faceplate, or a ribbed faceplate, a Layton Tony Stark. A dream accessory for me for a classic Iron Man would be roller skates that can be plugged into the feet. Still, I have to admit I don't mind having an A.I. Tony figure, after all, I did kitbash one for myself with a custom cast head. I like Hasbro's headsculpt better, but I'm a bit worried it might be oversized, like all the headsculpts that have been made for the 80 Years body.

n6ai1a6m3zc41.png

So glad Hasbro went with Quasar's most popular costume. Been waiting for that Quasar since the Toy Biz ML era. Another Avenger to scratch off my classic Avengers list. Just need a classic US Agent, classic 80s Hercules, 80s Photon, Yellow jacket & 1st app Wonderman

Nova, Yuriko & classic yellow/red Ironman are my other wants. Every one else is a pass.

5 hours ago, nWoWolfpack said:

That Hood figure is so lazy. Lady Deathstrike's hands look dull. Doom is decent. Skull looks good. Dormammu is okay. Scientist Supreme and Arcade are the only good ones imo. 

I'm really hoping that Xemnu is bigger than Hulk because he's supposed to tower over him, if not then that's a big let down especially after Sasquatch being super short, looking at it I think Xemnu is too short from all the BAF pieces in package, shame.

Idk this whole wave feels super lazy

Ur right man it kinda lazy. Imo Dormumu, skull, scientist Supreme, all look very good hopefully Dormumu heading more similar to the og promo pics. Deathdtrike and doom look cool but we will see bout them. The hood straight garbage, and so disappointing they reused the sasquatch that already outdated and undersized. 

9 hours ago, belmont13 said:

"..... The Red Skull is cool but the headsculpts look cartoony. Also would have preferred a Red Skull in full Nazi officer uniform I know why they won't go for it but I would love one nonetheless...."

I agree; these sculpts don't really capture the Red Skull. I think the best Skull we've had is the "Iron Skull" from the Abomination wave. As for the outfit, this drab green body bag suit is pretty much what he wore. Often had an ascot of sorts too and why, who the hell knows. Frankly don't see why they couldnt put him in natzi regalia; that's more skittishness on the part of people on forums like this, speculating what Hasbro will or wont do. Keep in mind that in this very same wave they have a guy who comes with a ripped out spinal column, and this is gonna be sold at retail. Showing a natzi in uniform wouldnt be all that outlandish.

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Frankly don't see why they couldnt put him in natzi regalia; that's more skittishness on the part of people on forums like this, speculating what Hasbro will or wont do.

It absolutely isn't. I don't think there's been a single piece of Red Skull merchandise depicting him in full Nazi regalia with the swastika; if there have been they can probably be counted on one hand.

The closest was probably the original ToyBiz version, and even that still eschewed the swastikas. 

Pre-ordered the Red Skull and Lady Deathstrike. Didn't have Red Skull in my collection and Lady Deathstrike will be added to X-Men villains shelf.

Never read any comics with Quasar so he doesn't appeal to me. Hope I don't change my mind later when he'll be super expensive.

Got into comics as a kid with X-Men blowing up and the New Warriors were popular. Definitely picking up that Nova figure. Anyone know when it's expected to go up for pre-order?

Ok. I officially should have my comic book fan card revoked, I didn't realize it was excalibur and thought it was Conan's Sword, since Marvel is printing Conan comics again. I think that new figure could be something like box set of classic excalibur with all original members minus Nightcrawler, since we already got him not so long ago. Or they could just go with 5 figure box set or ma ybe even wave. However, they could be hinting more modern era with that sword, since Swords of X is  big crossover and such wave would go hand in hand with current X-men wave. they would probably do modern Betsy, Cap Britain (if it's him isn't Betsy Captain Britain now or?), maybe they could even update Magik on bigger more adult body, either way it can potentially be eXciting. 

image.thumb.png.93d00bab90ac2691d1a44b5b54818f41.png

image.thumb.png.c0577995a0ace251da6f69a961c6e889.png

12 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

Ok. I officially should have my comic book fan card revoked, I didn't realize it was excalibur and thought it was Conan's Sword, since Marvel is printing Conan comics again. I think that new figure could be something like box set of classic excalibur with all original members minus Nightcrawler, since we already got him not so long ago. Or they could just go with 5 figure box set or ma ybe even wave. However, they could be hinting more modern era with that sword, since Swords of X is  big crossover and such wave would go hand in hand with current X-men wave. they would probably do modern Betsy, Cap Britain (if it's him isn't Betsy Captain Britain now or?), maybe they could even update Magik on bigger more adult body, either way it can potentially be eXciting. 

image.thumb.png.93d00bab90ac2691d1a44b5b54818f41.png

image.thumb.png.c0577995a0ace251da6f69a961c6e889.png

I doubt it’s X of Swords. Though they might do a boxset of Captain Britain (Brian) with the Sword of Might, Excalibur (Faiza Hussain) with Excalibur, Meggan, Spitfire and Pete Wisdom and drag out Rachel and Kitty for another retro X-Men wave. 

Yes, it's right to say that Lady Deathstrike doesn't have most accurate hands, but real accurate hands would have to be super thin which would be challenge to make in it's own right, if they made them from harder plastic it could be fragile, if it was done from softer plastic it would be like ToyBiz era wolverine claws that would never stay in it's place,  or it could be just harder to manufacture and package, so what we got isn't necessarily bad or super inaccurate they still do the job, especially when everything else on this figure is so well sculpted, but additional accessory hands would be nice along with fists or angry head sculpt, especially when Deathstrike  already has empty space in her box that could easily accommodate for additional accesories. 

image.thumb.png.86021862952bce188a1d5c5d96203365.png 

I think the shorter nails would be less noticeable if they were the same colour as the rest of her hands (ie. flesh colour) like the art. I think they took inspiration from X2 and Kelly Hu's character where they are metal that extends from her finger tips.

That's my long-winded way of saying I don't mind them. I love X2.