X-Men: House Of X Marvel Legends Tri-Sentinel Build-A-Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

erivera94 takes a look at the new X-Men: House Of X Marvel Legends Tri-Sentinel Build-A-Figure from Hasbro. The figures in the wave to complete the Build-A-Figure includes Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Professor X, Magneto, Omega Sentinel and Moira MacTaggert .

You can purchase the wave with this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Tri-Sentinel-01.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-02.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-03.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-04.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-05.JPG

The more I see it the more I kinda like it, It doesn't resonate with me in the least so I gotta pass, I only intend on getting 3 of the figures in this wave and I'm sticking to that, I don't care for any of the male figures in this wave, I mean if some how at some point I get these pieces elsewhere I'd still build it.

Not what I would call a good figure, but it's also not that bad. There are just so many other characters that coulda been done as a BAF. But, given that this entire set is like 80 percent reuse I understand why the BAF was as well. And TBH there's actually not as much reuse from the Sp//dr as you might think. But aside from Karima, there's very little to this wave at all. Guess they had to save some cash to compensate for how much they spent for that DOA Eternals wave coming out later this year. Is that still a thing?

say what you will about the figures in the  AoA wave, but the Sugarman BAF was pretty impressive even to someone like me who's never read the original storyline, to the point where i ended up getting the whole wave (admittedly about 1/2 on clearance).   The tri-sentinel is much less exciting imo;  feels like they should've gone with something more amazing to lure in collectors who don't have much interest in HoX.  but ymmv

Prebandaging one's fingers (an old model builders trick to reduce x-acto knife wounds) can significantly reduce the pain involved in plugging the neck pegs into those sockets. I love how weird and creepy this thing is, and it's a really good figure. Aside from some funkiness with those necks, it's very well articulated and easy to pose, and it stands surprisingly well. Very well, actually. I have it on the shelf with Nimrod and Omega Sentinel.

Marvel Girl and Cyclops from this wave has still eluded me so my Tri-Sentinel is still missing some limbs but so far I'm pretty impressed with this BAF. I've read HOX/POX and I barely remember the character but right now I like this BAF more than Caliban (I prefer waifish, Morlock Caliban) or Sugarman (way too wide, doesn't fit in my X-men Villains shelf).

Also, can confirm that the heads are a pain to assemble.

Figure is well done but character wise it just isn't on the same level as Nimrod for me, even tho that particular figure wasn't that well done. It is  occasionally good to see waves being fully dedicated to comic story  but I would rather wish this wave be more composite, and include Goblin Queen, Banshee, Siryn or Feral. 

I am also not too crazy for this wave either and I am passing unless I find a Moria on a shelf somewhere. Last year I planned on passing on the AOA wave but caved after finding them in person. This wave however does nothing for me because I never read the story.

Is this figure to-scale? I have zero familiarity with this storyline/alt universe, and am used to Tri-Sentinel being giant. Despite my lack of familiarity, I dig it- it's a cool-looking figure, with an Evangelion-meets-Transformers Prime vibe. I wasn't super-enthused about this wave, besides Moira, since I've never read this storyline, but the more I see of the figures (Despite Jean and Charles having some big flaws- that alt head saves Charles), the more I dig it. 

23 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Is this figure to-scale? I have zero familiarity with this storyline/alt universe, and am used to Tri-Sentinel being giant. Despite my lack of familiarity, I dig it- it's a cool-looking figure, with an Evangelion-meets-Transformers Prime vibe. I wasn't super-enthused about this wave, besides Moira, since I've never read this storyline, but the more I see of the figures (Despite Jean and Charles having some big flaws- that alt head saves Charles), the more I dig it. 

This is not the Tri-Sentinel you are familar with. This is from one of the many Alternate universe from the House of X storyline. In case it's not even called that in the story, it is called Theta Sentinel.