The Predator Hunts The Marvel Universe With New Variant Covers

JayC

In anticipation of all-new Predator stories coming to Marvel Comics later this year, the extraterrestrial hunter will get the spotlight on a series of variant covers this May. For the first time ever, fans will get to witness their favorite Marvel super heroes in epic showdowns with the iconic and terrifying Predator in action-packed artwork crafted by the industry’s top talents including Cory Smith, Superlog, Junggeun Yoon, Juan José Ryp, Mattia De Iulis, and Chris Sprouse.

Since making its debut in the landmark 1987 film, the remorseless alien killer has invaded pop culture in film, comic books, video games, and more. Now, locked in combat with Marvel’s greatest heroes from Spider-Man to the Fantastic Four, the Predator begins a new conquest. Capturing the horrifying, unforgiving nature of Predator with classic Marvel Comics storytelling, these outstanding covers are sure to capture the imagination of both Marvel and Predator fans as they prepare for what’s next to come.

Don’t miss your chance to enjoy this unparalleled mashup by collecting each Predator variant cover starting in May. Stay tuned in the coming weeks as Marvel reveals more of these extraordinary covers and be on the lookout for exciting news about new Predator adventures coming your way this year.

On Sale 5/5
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #65 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by CORY SMITH

On Sale 5/12
FANTASTIC FOUR #32 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by SUPERLOG
SPIDER-WOMAN #12 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by JUAN JOSÉ RYP

On Sale 5/19
THE MIGHTY VALKYRIES #2 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by JUNGGEUN YOON
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #14 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by CHRIS SPROUSE

On Sale 5/26
MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #26 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by MATTIA DE IULIS

ASM2018065_Smith_PredatorVar.jpg

FF2018032_Superlog_PredatorVar.jpg

GARGAL2020014_PredatorVAR.jpg

MIGHTYVALKYRIES2021002_PredatorVar.jpg

MMSM2018026_DeIulis_PredatorVar.jpg

SWOMAN2020012_Ryp_PredatorVar.jpg

Now these i will get. Curious on how marvel will utilize predator an d alien properties. Hopefully they don't go to waste. And since now Disney owns the alien and predator franchise, does that mean there's a possibility that marvel legends can take a crack at them? Or does the licensing not work?

1 hour ago, SUPREME007 said:

Now these i will get. Curious on how marvel will utilize predator an d alien properties. Hopefully they don't go to waste. And since now Disney owns the alien and predator franchise, does that mean there's a possibility that marvel legends can take a crack at them? Or does the licensing not work?

They wouldn't be Marvel Legends, they would be their own line and as far as I know NECA still have the rights

Man I never thought id see the day where Predator would be in a marvel comic against marvel characters.. Altho I remember being younger and thinking the same about aliens and batman and all that.. Im very curious what disney will do with the predator and aliens properties.. hopefully do them justice. Fox has clearly lost its touch for a while now (altho I enjoyed what they brought out even if they werent the best). 

Lanard toys had the rights for the 40th anniversary of aliens you know those crappy toys walmart has and i just saw some predator figs that are just awful also lanard toys so i would be surprised if the toy rights dont go somewhere else especially hasbro i would love to see marvel legends style quality preds and zenomorphs . 

10 hours ago, JayC said:

Keep in mind these are just variant covers, but you know its only a matter of time until they do some kind of crossover story in the comics.

I didnt fully realize these are just Predator being included on the covers.. That seems so random to me. Why have them on the cover if they arent in the book/story? And yeah if they are being included, they are most likely coming at some point. Why advertise them on covers randomly if they arent showing that theres more to come of this. 

2 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I didnt fully realize these are just Predator being included on the covers.. That seems so random to me. Why have them on the cover if they arent in the book/story? And yeah if they are being included, they are most likely coming at some point. Why advertise them on covers randomly if they arent showing that theres more to come of this. 

That's just how modern variant covers work. Have a series of variant covers with each series' protagonist(s) reimagined as Venom, have them reimagined as Carnage, have them reimagined as Gwen Stacy, have them recreate hip-hop albums, have them team-up with Deadpool because it's his birthday, have them reimagined as babies, have them reimagined as cats, have them fight Conan, have them fight Aliens, have them reimagined as 2099 characters, have them reimagined as zombies, have them reimagined as action figures, have them not appear in the cover at all and instead highlight a different character who is the theme of the variant series, and... have them fighting the Predator.

And yes, all of these examples were real series of variant covers. I would give Marvel crap about all the variants they put out if the true root of the problem wasn't the collectors that eat them up and asks for seconds.

11 hours ago, ADour said:

That's just how modern variant covers work. Have a series of variant covers with each series' protagonist(s) reimagined as Venom, have them reimagined as Carnage, have them reimagined as Gwen Stacy, have them recreate hip-hop albums, have them team-up with Deadpool because it's his birthday, have them reimagined as babies, have them reimagined as cats, have them fight Conan, have them fight Aliens, have them reimagined as 2099 characters, have them reimagined as zombies, have them reimagined as action figures, have them not appear in the cover at all and instead highlight a different character who is the theme of the variant series, and... have them fighting the Predator.

And yes, all of these examples were real series of variant covers. I would give Marvel crap about all the variants they put out if the true root of the problem wasn't the collectors that eat them up and asks for seconds.

Man I had no idea, altho i do recall seeing some of those shown on here at one point or another. I guess its been THAT long since I last bought and read a comic. What a weird world. "Back in my day" covers used to indicate what was going on in the comic itself.. hehe. XD

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

Man I had no idea, altho i do recall seeing some of those shown on here at one point or another. I guess its been THAT long since I last bought and read a comic. What a weird world. "Back in my day" covers used to indicate what was going on in the comic itself.. hehe. XD

Covers have been lying since the start of Hero comics

• 1 month later...

Forgive the rant. This trend of drawing Mr. Fantastic with the extended neck really needs to stop. He's not the Elongated Man, and why they're making him look this silly is beyond me.

And get rid of that stupid beard. He's had it long enough. More importantly get rid of all those kids.

18 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Forgive the rant. This trend of drawing Mr. Fantastic with the extended neck really needs to stop. He's not the Elongated Man, and why they're making him look this silly is beyond me.

And get rid of that stupid beard. He's had it long enough. More importantly get rid of all those kids.

Don't forget the extended fingers. Only one excited bout that would Be Sue. Only ones I kept from that  wave was was Super Skrull, Dr Doom & Ben cuz I never found the Walgreens version. Waiting on this JB FF version with "in scale" Thing. Ben is 6 ft tall, not 7 ft tall! Matter fact, Byrne had him listed as being 5'10 but I think 6ft is perfect. The Thing is thick n wide, not tall. Sue needs to be on a smaller female buck as well. Need this version of the Torch.

FF.thumb.jpg.724c2e229e6b2b8d3f8bb6e4398d6253.jpg1563460628_FFspecsheet.thumb.jpg.f3425b6c6581466bd85ee44e4a104548.jpg