Worst case ratios

Hogun

With new Marvel Legends being announced today. Let's look back and discuss what were some of Hasbro's biggest case ratios blunders. We are talking about those ratios which caused figures to shelfwarm for years. This is not necessarily case ratios where your most wanted figure did not get double-packed but rather a figure(s) that should not have been double-packed and a different figure(s) deserved the honor more. Here are my picks

1. Cull Obsidian wave: Ant-Man and Wasp: Still shelfwarming the pegs at my local Toys R Us. I believe that the honors should have gone to Thor and Black Widow. They were vastly superior figures and flew off the shelves in a matter of days.

2. Sauron wave: Lady Deadpool and X-Men Deadpool. Lady Deadpool was a huge shelfwarmer and while X-Men Deadpool did not have it as bad. It was still relatively easy to find compared to the other single-packed figures from the same wave around the time of release. The double-packed honor should have gone to Bishop and Omega Red. These were two popular characters that were getting released by Hasbro for the first time and I'm pretty sure everybody preferred having new characters over new costumes of the same character.

3. Sasquatch wave: Red suited Deadpool. This one is not as bad but that Deadpool was so underwhelming considering the previous Deadpool from the Juggernaut wave came with a load of accessories and this one only came with two katanas. The honor should have obviously gone to Cable because it's a 90s Cable. What more could you ask for besides more hands?

4. Apocalypse wave: Tiger Stripe Wolverine. This one is not as bad as others made it sound back in 2018, but in a wave with the likes of Psylocke, Magneto, Sabretooth and Multiple Man. They could have picked any one of these characters to be double-packed over a character whom we saw re-releases the previous year in 2017 and saw every year.

5. Warlock wave: Old Man Logan. Yes, I get it. Logan movie was seeing its theatrical release around that time period and Hasbro wanted to capitalize on that movie. But in a wave that included the iconic Jim Lee Cyclops and modern Colossus. Hasbro really missed their mark. From an objective point of view. Everyone, including myself, would have wanted that Jim Lee Cyclops to be double-packed regardless of whether or not it included a build-a-figure piece. If not Jim Lee Cyclops. My second pick would have gone to Colossus simply because these two are easily the most recognizable and popular characters out of that wave and I remember fighting hard to ensure that my Cyclops was reserved. Side note: I will not be including the Caliban wave here because while Beast would have been my top pick. My second pick for the two-per-case ratio was Gambit.

6. Wendigo wave: X-Force Wolverine and just the X-Force Wolverine. Nightcrawler rightfully deserved his slot because it's a classic Nightcrawler. Wolverine gets repainted and retooled every year that you'd think Hasbro would realize we are sick and tired of seeing him. To double-pack him along with Nightcrawler was a mistake. I would have liked to have seen Mr. Sinister, an X-Men villain in his classic suit we have been waiting to see redone in action figure form by Hasbro to go with our Apocalypse build-a-figure from last year.

7. For the record: I only collect MCU Avengers figures. Both gamerverse waves: Captain America in both and Iron Man in the second Joe Fixit wave as well. Does Hasbro realize we do not need more Captain America and Iron Man? That first gamerverse Captain America was especially lame with no accessories but his shield. In the first wave, I believe Leader should have gotten the honor and for the second wave I believe Kang and Falcon should have been double-packed.

6 hours ago, Dabboi said:

Double packing Peter B. Parker instead of the Hand Ninja in the Stilt-man wave was not the decision I would have made

Yeah i've seen a few IG posts where people are noting Peter B piling up at various Walmarts already

5 hours ago, GulagEscapee666 said:

Spector creative talks abt this on his YouTube channel. Collectors will want villains, females, obscure characters but it's always kids,parents and normie visible characters that get the extra slots. 

I guess, but i'm not sure how well that theory explains Gwenpool or Peter B Parker 

34 minutes ago, Benn said:

Hell, even the villains wave. God-Emperor Doom is double-packed. Not the near-perfect Lady Deathstrike or the long-awaited classic versions of Dormammu or Red Skull, but the third and least iconic version of Doom to be released within an 18-month period. Weird choice.

Ugh, ok I can get when distributors are asking to have Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man or Cap to be double but Doom? ugh.

• 2 weeks later...