Comic characters you hate but need to be made into a Legend to complete or add to team

McHogan

On 2/21/2021 at 9:46 AM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Yeah, I can agree with that. She was just a better fit for guardians, her and swordsman were just odd picks as Avengers but as Atlantis said, I think them being there was to get you invested in Swordsman for his eventual demise. Which thus leads to them being needed for that 70s roster.

There was a limited series a few years back called Dead Avengers, haha a little on the nose with that title. 

Essentially a story intended to repair the reps of some A hole former members. Seems like Vision and Captain Marvel were in the story as well. Anyway, I remember thinking Druid and Swordsman still ended up as jerks

I'm all about the Marvel Rising 'toon, so give me America Chavez, and Iron Heart.

That being said, I don't even really hate these characters, I just kinda take issue with how they've been used. In fact, wash away the identity politics, and these two characters in particular have some pretty interesting angles to them.

As a matter of fact, throw in a Patriot, Inferno, and updated Captain Marvel, all with animation inspired decoes, and call it a boxed set. It'd get my money. Wouldn't hold it against the Has' if they found a way to squeeze in a BAF Lockjaw somewhere down the line either.

4 hours ago, tarot said:

With all the talk about character you hate I'm surprise not to see Riri, Amadeus and the rest of the new Generation here. (I don't hate them. Heck the Champions is a great book.) 

Legacy characters have their place and I can see why writers go back to this trope to boost interest. Some like Rhodeys Warmachine, US Agent, Thunderstrike, Fosters Thor, Miles all have made great strides into creating legacies of their own.

ive never read anything with Riri or Amadeus to judge them. I know they have their fans as well as their detractors. It seems one of the biggest knocks isn’t against these characters specifically but more in how Marvel made many of their most famous characters into a different race or gender. All at once. It was a little jarring and felt fairly forced, even if their intentions were noble.

No hate from me for any of those mentioned characters. But I have not read their adventures either. I do own the trades that many appear in and will eventually get around to reading them. Maybe, the reason I haven’t yet is more because of Marvels General direction and being less impressed with the writers these days.

And as long as they don’t betray my beloved Avengers or are written as total pieces of $#!% then I can’t say they’d ever get on my list..

10 hours ago, tarot said:

With all the talk about character you hate I'm surprise not to see Riri, Amadeus and the rest of the new Generation here. (I don't hate them. Heck the Champions is a great book.) 

There isn't much wrong with the New Generation (expect they will probably be replaced by a new next Generation eventually.

3 hours ago, ADour said:

If the rumored Ironheart figure had come out a few years ago, I would have bought it begrudgingly to add it to my Iron Man shelves. But ever since she was salvaged from Brian Michael Bendis' hands and was turned into a good character by Jim Zub and Eve Ewing, I'll be happy to add her to my collection.

It’s amazing how the writer after Bendis turns those characters around for most people. 😁

I really am a 70's & 80's kid so a Mantis/Swordsman two pack would be awesome. I dislike Moondragon as an Avenger but would display her nonetheless.

I'm not a Druid/Starfox fan...but they are needed. Hated Deathcry completly!!

As far as X-men..anyone after the 90's Lee era I'm just not into. There have been a few exceptions (Marrow, Maggot & Reyes) but overall when House of M happened..I walked.

Now I would live to see the original Guardians of the Galaxy!!