Marvel Legends 2021 - What We Know And What We Think We Know Is Coming So Far (February 2021 Edition)

JayC

8 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

Right when I started leaning towards getting this figure 😂

Whoops! Sorry about that. It would probably be easy to just paint that part but personally I'm so bad at color matching on paint I don't know if I could do it and it look good.

7 hours ago, ADour said:

iron+man+ai.png

It's not an inaccuracy since this figure represents how A.I. Tony looked like in Secret Empire, and his unibeam was blue in it. However, I get where you're coming from. This is why I would have liked a straight repaint of the 80 Years Iron Man to represent classic Iron Man and not just a version of Iron Man that can be passed as classic Iron Man, which is what Hasbro intends with this release.

Yeah, I really don't understand the thinking there, is AI Tony that popular? I would think just a reissue as classic Iron Man would draw more people in.

6 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I have to wonder why they seem so reluctant to use metallic-look paint on Iron Man. They did it for Daredevil's armored outfit, for a number of others....Yes we did get it for the 80yrs version but for Iron Man, this should be standard.

Hasbro works in mysterious ways. I don't get it either. Surely metallic paints don't raise their cost on a figure that much.

26 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Yeah, I really don't understand the thinking there, is AI Tony that popular? I would think just a reissue as classic Iron Man would draw more people in.

Easy repaint considering there looks to be a lot of new sculpt for the wave, Modalur Iron Man, Iron Heart and Ultron. Plus with the wave including Riri it would make sense to have her mentor in the wave.

25 minutes ago, tarot said:

Easy repaint considering there looks to be a lot of new sculpt for the wave, Modalur Iron Man, Iron Heart and Ultron. Plus with the wave including Riri it would make sense to have her mentor in the wave.

That makes sense in that regard. It would be and easy mod to make at least.

3 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I would say that the concept of A.I. Tony Stark is pretty popular. A lot of people became familiar with it when MCU fans started theorizing (i.e. hoping) it would be a way to keep Tony Stark in the MCU even after he died. A.I. Tony was also used as the base for Stark Prime, a character in the video game Realm of Champions.

A handful of third party action figure head vendors have also made custom A.I. Tony Stark head casts (for both Marvel Legends and Hot Toys), so there is a demand for it. I even bought one of them myself last year to make my own A.I. Tony Stark figure. This is actually one of the reasons I'm conflicted about the new figure, I 100% welcome an official version of A.I. Tony Stark, but I was kinda proud of my custom and I'll be a bit sad to retire it.

n6ai1a6m3zc41.png

1 hour ago, ADour said:

I would say that the concept of A.I. Tony Stark is pretty popular. A lot of people became familiar with it when MCU fans started theorizing (i.e. hoping) it would be a way to keep Tony Stark in the MCU even after he died. A.I. Tony was also used as the base for Stark Prime, a character in the video game Realm of Champions.

A handful of third party action figure head vendors have also made custom A.I. Tony Stark head casts (for both Marvel Legends and Hot Toys), so there is a demand for it. I even bought one of them myself last year to make my own A.I. Tony Stark figure. This is actually one of the reasons I'm conflicted about the new figure, I 100% welcome an official version of A.I. Tony Stark, but I was kinda proud of my custom and I'll be a bit sad to retire it.

n6ai1a6m3zc41.png

I don't keep up with Iron Man as much as others so I wasn't sure what the deal is. I remember seeing that fan theory floating around but I never read that stuff. I guess they saw the demand for it and obliged. Personally I'll use the alternate, helmeted head if I decide to grab this new one.

A poster over on TFW has some alleged listings for upcoming figures. Other than obvious stuff like a wave for the third Spider-Man film, the big takeaways seem to be that there will be something for Age of Ultron in the upcoming Infinity anniversary line (I'm guessing Quicksilver) and it looks like there's another round of Vintage Spider-Man figures, at least I think so since they're listed as TV. 

MVL Legends infinity 1 IM1

MVL Legends Infinity 4 THR1

MVL Legends Infinity 7 THR3

MVL Legends Infinity 10 AVN4

MVL Legends Infinity 6 IM1

MVL Legends Infinity 5 AVN4

MVL Legends Infinity 3 AVN2

MVL Legends deluxe 2

MVL Legends Retro 3.75 ast wave 2

MVL Legends Retro 3.75 ast wave 3

ML Legends Retro 3.75 ast wave 4

MVL Disney Legends ast wave 2

Spider man Legends TV 5

MVL legends Dr strange Role play Gear

AVN legends classic gear 1

AVN Legends Classic gear 2

MVL Legends gear Stealth

AVN legends Deluxe 3

SPD movie 3 legends ast

SPD legends TV 9

SPD Legends TV 7

SPD Legends TV 6

SPD Legends TV 8

14 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Whoops! Sorry about that. It would probably be easy to just paint that part but personally I'm so bad at color matching on paint I don't know if I could do it and it look good.

Hasbro works in mysterious ways. I don't get it either. Surely metallic paints don't raise their cost on a figure that much.

No apology needed! Saved me a little money lol. Did think of repainting it but I'll wait and see if there will be an actual red and yellow classic release with the arc reactor already yellow.

Hasbro should maybe setup some sort of standardization when it comes to painting the figures. Maybe something like the main BAF wave figures getting more realistic metallic paints and then rereleased in vintage waves with the classis comic colors.  And if the first release happens to be in the vintage wave they then can go straight to the metallic paints (like armored Daredevil).

9 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

No apology needed! Saved me a little money lol. Did think of repainting it but I'll wait and see if there will be an actual red and yellow classic release with the arc reactor already yellow.

Hasbro should maybe setup some sort of standardization when it comes to painting the figures. Maybe something like the main BAF wave figures getting more realistic metallic paints and then rereleased in vintage waves with the classis comic colors.  And if the first release happens to be in the vintage wave they then can go straight to the metallic paints (like armored Daredevil).

That would be nice. The only reason I don't think they'll ever do something like that is they purposely keep us in the dark on classic looks or highly desired pieces. They know a lot of people would hold out for those specific versions so they don't let us know about them coming so that maybe we'll buy whatever version is out as well as that next one. I would love it if that sort of system was in effect but they know that would leave a lot of figures untouched. 

17 hours ago, watanabefan said:

A poster over on TFW has some alleged listings for upcoming figures. Other than obvious stuff like a wave for the third Spider-Man film, the big takeaways seem to be that there will be something for Age of Ultron in the upcoming Infinity anniversary line (I'm guessing Quicksilver) and it looks like there's another round of Vintage Spider-Man figures, at least I think so since they're listed as TV. 

MVL Legends deluxe 2

Spider man Legends TV 5

MVL Legends gear Stealth

AVN legends Deluxe 3

SPD movie 3 legends ast

SPD legends TV 9

SPD Legends TV 7

SPD Legends TV 6

SPD Legends TV 8

Some very interesting things in there. Glad to see Endgame is apparently getting 2 sets, along with Iron Man 1. Hopefully we see Rocket, Nebula and Captain Marvel's looks somewhere in there, along with newly done MK 2/3 and Iron Monger. Couple deluxes in there, just a "Marvel" one and also an Avengers one. I'm stoked for a 2nd wave of retro Spidey Legends, and of course the Homecoming 3 wave, which we all knew would happen. I wonder if some of this is slated for 2022, the retro Spidey wave would probably be there since we're getting F4 this year, plus the 20th anniversary of the Raimi movies. Also the Doctor Strange roleplay thing would go with the upcoming movie, more than likely. 

Also the 2nd D+ wave is listed here, looks like. Is anyone else hoping we get an Agatha Harkness in her witch robes as the BAF for the first wave? Or maybe as an individual figure in the 2nd wave.

On 2/20/2021 at 9:27 AM, JayC said:

16__scaled_600.jpg

Excalibur__scaled_600.jpg

On 2/20/2021 at 9:27 AM, JayC said:

Just yesterday Hasbro teased an image of a sword. The sword I am pretty sure is supposed to represent the legendary Excalibur sword often seen used by Captain Britain. At first I thought perhaps this was a tease for just a new Captain Britain figure, maybe in his classic outfit. As I thought about it more however, I decided a boxset featuring figures on the original

Exclaibur team made more sense. It would be a pretty easy set for them to do. They could use the same Nightcrawler figure they recently released in the X-Men line. The other characters on the team would include Shadowcat in her classic blue outfit, Captain Britain himself which would likely reuse parts from previous figures. Phoenix (Rachel Summers) and Meggan would round out the team and likely would require only minor retooing of existing female sculpts. For accessories they could add Widget and Lockheed. If Hasbro wanted to go all out they might even add some silver Warwolves.

IF they ended up doing an Excalibur boxset it would likely be released as an Amazon exclusive like they did with the previous Alpha Fight and Children of Thanos ones.

So that's it for now, but there is definely more to come in 2021, so stay-tuned.

If it is an Amazon box set I wouldn't be surprised if Nightcrawler and even Captain Britain (unless he's on an updated buck/updated repaint) are left out. The same as when Guardian was a stand alone release while the rest of the team came in the Alpha Flight set (and Puck was slightly updated).

1 hour ago, Emnems80 said:

If it is an Amazon box set I wouldn't be surprised if Nightcrawler and even Captain Britain (unless he's on an updated buck/updated repaint) are left out. The same as when Guardian was a stand alone release while the rest of the team came in the Alpha Flight set (and Puck was slightly updated).

I honestly think the boxset would be Nightcrawler, Captain Britain, Shadowcat, Meggan and Rachel. The reason I think they'd include Nightcrawler is because that figure was released 2 years ago, so any newer collectors might have a hard time getting him now, especially if the prices shoot up even more on the secondary market because he wasn't in the set. Hasbro seems generally pretty proactive about combatting secondary market prices, plus they always jump at an opportunity for a rerelease. Also Captain Britain would 100% be in it, I don't think that's even a question. A new classic version probably using Thor legs.

20 hours ago, watanabefan said:

MVL Legends deluxe 2

Spider man Legends TV 5

MVL Legends gear Stealth

AVN legends Deluxe 3

SPD movie 3 legends ast

SPD legends TV 9

SPD Legends TV 7

SPD Legends TV 6

SPD Legends TV 8

Yeeesh all released this year?

guess my little break from this past year is up.. one god thing that came out of so much Xmen and Spidey product.. 

2021 however looks like it will more than make up for my cheap year...