Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective Fantastic Four First And Tiger Stripe-Wolverine Figure First Looks

JayC

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

I'm not married to the obviously fabric look for what should be unstable molecules, but I love these costumes for the Fantastic Four way more than the typical rubberized superhero suits we see in most live action movies and TV shows. I've always wanted the FF costumes in the movies to look more like the Star Fleet uniforms in the J.J. Abrams Star Trek than the bodysuits worn in the Fox FF movies. 

JJ Abrams Star Trek uniforms were neat but I don't think it possible to have exact same look of that  material in this scale, or at least not possible as costume for an actual 6-7 inch action figure body.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

I also wish Legends would provide as many accessories for the Fantastic Four that Mezco does (though I can do without the extended neck for Reed. He's Mr. Fantastic, not Elongated Man, and while of course he can stretch his neck like that, I always thought it looked silly on him).

100% agree. Regardless of how else he might stretch, Reed should never stretch out his neck like that. It looks unnatural.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

I like the force shields for the Invisible Woman but she really does need a clear translucent Legend figure.

They could get three figures out of the same Sue mold. One normal figure in uniform. One fully translucent "invisible" variant. One half-translucent variant. Hell, they gave us composite Hulk for no reason, they can do that for Invisible Woman.

18 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

100% agree. Regardless of how else he might stretch, Reed should never stretch out his neck like that. It looks unnatural.

They could get three figures out of the same Sue mold. One normal figure in uniform. One fully translucent "invisible" variant. One half-translucent variant. Hell, they gave us composite Hulk for no reason, they can do that for Invisible Woman.

You are so right. And I was thinking of that but then went "oh they'll never go for it". But hell, why not?? It makes as much sense (more even ) that compost Hulk! 

We shouldn't limit ourselves. Afterall, we'd never have any of these figures if someone decided to take the limits off and make more superheroes besides Batman, Superman & Spider-Man. Back in the day, trust me, those were about the only figures made in any kind of regularity.

I would like this box set but this is going to break the bank. I guess I will just stick with my Walgreens exclusives. Those are good versions that are enough to sustain my desire for fun Fantastic Four figures. I just wish I could bring The Thing's arms closer so that I can pose him like that picture where he grabs his own fist. I also wish Mr. Fantastic came with a new malleable torso. Bendy arms are still amazing accessories though. Otherwise, I love Hasbro's initial Walgreens exclusive. Now if only they released a Sky figure.

If you think about the prices of most Mezco the price point on these checks out. I do really like these but Torch is weak. As Johnny he looks fine but the added effects just don't make him look all that good to me. Granted with their suits, it makes perfect sense why they did that. I absolutely love everyone else though and even Johnny flamed off looks great. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...