Things from other lines that you wish Hasbro would carry over to Legends

Dabboi

It can be anything you'd like from any line, of a relatively similar price point.

I'll list a few
The Black series head/neck articulation scheme
Cloth capes, preferably with a posing wire. (If NECA can do it and only charge 30 bucks, then so can Hasbro)
I don't believe it's from another line, so I'm cheating on my topic, but I'd really like for characters to look more like their ethnicity. For some reason, Hasbro heavily struggles with making faces look anything Asian

Back when my main focus was the 3 3/4 Marvel Universe line I’d snag accessories from G.I. Joe like briefcases, weapons, field equipment.. whatever I thought could go into a cool Stark lab diorama or whatever I had planned.

for the 6” guys I like how the Power Rangers Lightning Series gets unmasked heads for nearly all their figures. Legends collecting has gotten so big I feel every masked, helmeted or scarf wearing character should get an unmasked alt head. Or a screaming head could come with a neutral one..

i mainly collect Avengers Legends so I have on occasion made an unmasked alt head from one character into one for a random Avenger. For example I took the Multiple Man unmasked head and it is now my unmasked Dane Whitman Black Knight ( pre mullet era)

Blast accessories are there in  deluxe sets but could be used more often. I did pick up a few Stormtroopers for some cool effects.

I'd like to see bucks with more articulation be the standard, like what Hasbro does with Lightning Collection.  They've sort of started this with Beast and Retro Spidey, but I'd like to see more characters benefit from this level of articulation.  

I second the unmasked heads carry over from Lightning Collection as well.

23 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Y'know how a Matchbox car is like three dollars? I would like Marvel Legends to be priced the same.

I do wish hasbro could make cheaper vehicles. The recent Mystery Machine was $20 for example but you know if Hasbro ever made a 1:12 van it would be like $80-$100  (granted that mystery machine is slightly smaller than 1:12 scale).  Likewise the various WWE vehicles seem relatively cheap compared to paying $20 for a hasbro motorcycle

1 hour ago, greenlucario said:

I'd like to see bucks with more articulation be the standard, like what Hasbro does with Lightning Collection.  They've sort of started this with Beast and Retro Spidey, but I'd like to see more characters benefit from this level of articulation.  

I second the unmasked heads carry over from Lightning Collection as well.

I too like Hasbro’s version of super articulation. As long as they stay away from the unnecessary finger and toe articulation or anything that makes the anatomy look off. 

Toy Biz got out of control and while I didn’t realize it at the time, their figures look downright bizarre to me now. 

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

Y'know how a Matchbox car is like three dollars? I would like Marvel Legends to be priced the same.

I get what you are saying. The lower price for the smaller Marvel Universe figures meant I could buy every figure. Today’s prices for Legends, with the recent reveal of a price increase, makes being selective bittersweet. 

But as we all know, the lower the price things like articulation and paint apps start falling away. Those (IMO) wastes of plastic that is the new 4” retro line are a perfect example. 

For any Hasbro offering at $3 we would basically get non Articulated statues. But the thought is nice. Hard to believe I picked up the entire wave 1 from a Toy Biz when first released for about $36.... the good ol days

10 hours ago, McHogan said:

Back when my main focus was the 3 3/4 Marvel Universe line I’d snag accessories from G.I. Joe like briefcases, weapons, field equipment.. whatever I thought could go into a cool Stark lab diorama or whatever I had planned.

for the 6” guys I like how the Power Rangers Lightning Series gets unmasked heads for nearly all their figures. Legends collecting has gotten so big I feel every masked, helmeted or scarf wearing character should get an unmasked alt head. Or a screaming head could come with a neutral one..

i mainly collect Avengers Legends so I have on occasion made an unmasked alt head from one character into one for a random Avenger. For example I took the Multiple Man unmasked head and it is now my unmasked Dane Whitman Black Knight ( pre mullet era)

Blast accessories are there in  deluxe sets but could be used more often. I did pick up a few Stormtroopers for some cool effects.

I agree with getting alt heads, especially if they don't have a neautral head as default

5 hours ago, leokearon said:

I agree with getting alt heads, especially if they don't have a neautral head as default

This! It's so frustrating to get what would be a great figure, but it has a super-specific facial expression, which really limits display options. Hasbro does this way too often. Thunderstrike is the most recent example that I can think of- It's a well-done figure, and the head sculpt is well done, and detailed, but it is way too specific to be his only head. There shouldn't be aby character, even Banshee, who ONLY has a "yelling" head sculpt. 

Especially with the price increase, I feel like Hasbro needs to include more interchangeable parts, accessories, etc.. They're raising the price 15%; these little things don't add that much more to the cost of production.

There need to be some "accessory packs-" Neca has done some for their Aliens toy line, with guns, alien eggs, etc.. If they feel the need, they could include a figure. Hasbro Pulse had an exclusive Transformers figure that included 20+ accessories, for only $30.00 (the figure without accessories would usually cost $20.00). If they go that route, I would love some more "generic" figures- i.e. a random burglar, with 12 different weapons, 3 bags of stolen loot, a couple of drink bottles, and a couple of wooden crates; or a police officer, with a couple of different heads, a handful of different guns, 3 sets of handcuffs, a nightstick, chair, a couple of coffee mugs, and a couple of donuts. 

16 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

There need to be some "accessory packs-" Neca has done some for their Aliens toy line, with guns, alien eggs, etc.. If they feel the need, they could include a figure.

I would love to see this. Include some random weapons like bows and arrows, rifles, pistols or even a pack of generic power effects. 

12 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I would love to see this. Include some random weapons like bows and arrows, rifles, pistols or even a pack of generic power effects. 

Yes! And sculpt some new power effects, too- we've been getting those same flat, circular ones with way too many figures. Sets with guns should include some of those bullets with the clear "trails" behind them that attach to the gun barrels, too. These sets would also sell well to collectors of the 6" GI Joe line- most of the accessories for that line look like some kind of funky Nerf guns, and the bladed weapons are always unpainted. Some better options would be nice. Hasbro seems like it wants to have fewer real-looking guns with figures- they could always make some of the sets "fan channel" exclusives.

13 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Yes! And sculpt some new power effects, too- we've been getting those same flat, circular ones with way too many figures. Sets with guns should include some of those bullets with the clear "trails" behind them that attach to the gun barrels, too. These sets would also sell well to collectors of the 6" GI Joe line- most of the accessories for that line look like some kind of funky Nerf guns, and the bladed weapons are always unpainted. Some better options would be nice. Hasbro seems like it wants to have fewer real-looking guns with figures- they could always make some of the sets "fan channel" exclusives.

If they ever did decide to do something like this I'm sure it would be a fan channel/pulse exclusive. They aren't going to give us something like that at retail.

2 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

If they ever did decide to do something like this I'm sure it would be a fan channel/pulse exclusive. They aren't going to give us something like that at retail.

As mentioned they did a Transformers accessory pack on Pulse so it can be done

I agree with everyone's ideas, more heads, every figure should get a neutral head and at least 1 alt head, more effects, Hasbro shouldn't release a figure without at least 2 accessorys/alt hands etc, no more figure with nothing but a BAF piece, and also we need effect/prop/accessory packs.

I think something that really surprised me and I think ML should get on it, is Joe Classified's drop hips, as on the Red Ninja, it's a nice added touch that really could update the pose-ability. I also think some body here mentioned the whole articulation thing that the Rangers have in the lightning collection on the torso, I do know that both drop hips and this upper torso swivel/ab crunch combo is on some legends, it could be on...way more.

I'd really like for Hasbro to "modernize" their articulation on their female figures. I mean, no double jointed elbows and no calf/boot swivel is pretty insane for a modern toyline.

Actually, hasn't it been a really long time since we got a new female body mold? We usually get one new male body per year/ year and a half

EDIT: Just noticed this was my own topic hahaa

43 minutes ago, Dabboi said:

I'd really like for Hasbro to "modernize" their articulation on their female figures. I mean, no double jointed elbows and no calf/boot swivel is pretty insane for a modern toyline.

Actually, hasn't it been a really long time since we got a new female body mold? We usually get one new male body per year/ year and a half

EDIT: Just noticed this was my own topic hahaa

-The Star Wars team has recent figures in the Black Series that are single elbow but have the same ROM of most double elbows, and I'd like to see that incorporated, since Dwight seems so reluctant to give female figures double elbows.
-We just got a new female body for Omega Sentinel. It doesn't have a shitload of reuse value, but I think it counts.
-Also, LOL.

5 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I think something that really surprised me and I think ML should get on it, is Joe Classified's drop hips, as on the Red Ninja, it's a nice added touch that really could update the pose-ability. I also think some body here mentioned the whole articulation thing that the Rangers have in the lightning collection on the torso, I do know that both drop hips and this upper torso swivel/ab crunch combo is on some legends, it could be on...way more.

U damn right they can literally have no idea why hasbro hasn't made all new slate of bucks with the current hasbro articulation like the lighting collection it would be so much better. And the neck set up of the GI joe. It would worth the price increase to 22.99. And I understand hasbro is still making bank off of just crappy repaints it needs to stop.

3 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

So I'd actually like to see them bring back pack in comics myself.  A key issue featuring the character.  Im probably the minority here though.  I also really liked the trading card gimmick from the transformers Prime Wars trilogy.  As for the figures, the improved articulation from GI Joe would be nice.

The TF card gimmick was nice but it would have been better if the cards had actual info on the characters.

On 2/22/2021 at 9:04 PM, McHogan said:

I too like Hasbro’s version of super articulation. As long as they stay away from the unnecessary finger and toe articulation or anything that makes the anatomy look off. 

Toy Biz got out of control and while I didn’t realize it at the time, their figures look downright bizarre to me now. 

At least for the Rangers themselves I think Hasbro strikes a good balance between the articulation and the anatomy.  Hopefully they continue to innovate in that same way.