Hasbro's Marvel Legends Retro 3.75" Wave 2 Figures Revealed

JayC

While not yet officially revealed by Hasbro, their second wave of 3.75" Marvel Legends Retro figures have started to see release along with wave 1 figures at Target stores in CA. The wave includes news figures of Elektra, Iceman and Daredevil along with Black Panther, Classic Iron Man and Electro. The latter 3 figures had been previously released last year as part of the HasbroPulse exclusive 2-packs. You can check out images of the figures below via MCUCollector. Each figure is $9.99. Starting sometime next month the figures should be available everywhere, but for now Target is the place to look for them if you want to add these to your collection.

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-00.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-08.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-09.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-10.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-12.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-13.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-14.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-15.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-16.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-17.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-18.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-19.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-20.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-21.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-22.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-23.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-24.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-25.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-26.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-27.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-28.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-29.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Wave-2-30.jpg

I will admit, I am intrigued. It's just gotten way too expensive for the larger figures to build complete teams (example: the 6 inch new G.I. Joe line...love the look, but I've limited myself to just Gung Ho, as trying to build the complete-to-date collection would cost hundreds of dollars). Targets are plentiful, and if I can find these easy enough, I may give it a shot. Iceman and Black Panther definitely caught my eye...Iron Man also of interest. Honestly, if I see them all on the Target shelf, I grabbing one of each. 

I'm glad that they're re-releasing the figures that were offered on Hasbro Pulse- especially with simple figures like this, I'd really like to check out the paint jobs, since one crooked line, etc., can really make a difference on a figure this simple in deco. 

Daredevil looks excellent. Elektra looks slightly off, but not too bad. Iceman, like Torch, is frustrating- he is an iced-up opaque human, he really shouldn't bee completely translucent like this. They're going for a "retro" look, too, and Kenner would never have made it like this. Iceman was always depicted in comics, and on "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends" as being opaque white when he is iced up, and wearing little shorts. They really phoned it in here- I'm hoping they make a better repaint at some point. The Secret Wars Iceman figure was molded in pearlescent white plastic, and it looks great. Still, I'll probably end up buying one for me, and one for my 4-year-old daughter who is a fan of "Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends." Hopefully Firestar is on the way soon.

These aren’t for me. 

The Marvel Universe line in its heyday was my perfect line. 4” (ish) ARTICULATED versions from every corner of the MU.. at a price that was more than reasonable. The last few years were heart breaking seeing that once awesome line get less love and the last waves were a pale shadow of its former greatness. And the powers that be claiming cost of plastic etc for the under articulated and over priced  sad offerings they did release. 

Then to add insult, they cut even more articulation and release these as “retro” figures. You can’t give us filet mignon to start then expect us to be happy about McD’s burgers later.

no thanks. I’ll stick with the older and far superior MU I have as well as the 6” line. 

7 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I'll be collecting the X-Men related characters in this line. I hope it lasts long enough for Phoenix and Storm to be made. I wonder if larger characters like COLOSSUS will be produced as well?

They're doing a Hulk in the first wave, so Colossus would definitely be an option. Colossus, Wolverine, Storm, Phoenix, Nightcrawler, and Beast all seem like strong possibilities, and maybe a Kitty, Firestar, and Angel. I would think Juggernaut would be high on the list of villains for them to do in this line, too. So far, they have done one X-Men character per wave, so as long as the line is popular enough, I think they'll do a good amount of X-Men characters. I'm assuming the Hasbro Pulse Cyclops figure will see general release in the next wave, too. 

Also- does anyone know if these are "street dated?" I've had some frustrating experiences with Target in the past couple of years putting out items (particularly Star Wars exclusives.), only to have them "register-locked" against selling, due to Target having their own (non-Hasbro-imposed) street date.

Also- does anybody know Target's DPCI number for these? 

IMO: these look awful compared to MU! I haven’t t bought a single Hasbro product after they canceled their 3.75 Marvel line ... and this is a terrible attempt at drawing 3.75 collectors interest. Bring back Marvel Universe 3.75 figures or just keep selling your BS Marvel Legends that stays on the shelves of every Target, Walmart, GameStop, Walgreens, comic shop and novelty store in the last 8 years.