Tom Holland And Jacob Batalon Reveal The Name For Spider-Man 3???

JayC

On 8/23/2021 at 9:28 PM, watanabefan said:

Cool trailer. Also interesting they clearly hint at Green Goblin and Electro without showing them onscreen. I'm guessing there's gonna be a second wave including those and the other "rumored" characters just about everyone has already figured out by now.

Let's see, Greenie, Doc, Sparky, Toomes, Scorpy and Mystie. Looks like six to me. Why not just sell 'em as a box set?

Ahhhh.  Dr. Strange always just makes me go down the rabbit hole of just what sorcery is in Marvel. He can make an entire planet forget something about one person (or event, maybe?)...or can he? Well he's Sorcerer Supreme so yeah. But no? I mean how do you write a character who's near omnipotent, without pulling out all kinds of bs plot armor to make him just weak/strong enough for this or that particular storyline? 

I'm interested in how they work it. 

Sure do wish they'd just put him in his actual costume and give us the real Eye. 

This looks like a blast.....

This movie is going to be so much fun. I also love the darker tone the old villains have, in just one shot, they already managed to make Doc Ock and Gobby more intimidating than in the entire Raimi trilogy. And the design of Otto is phenomenal. Can't wait for the Legends figures, I really need another wave now. Also, strange lack of JJJ in the trailer, aside from his voice. Curious.

That was very cool. But I have one question about this phase of the MCU and I know that I won't get an answer before this movie or even Dr Strange 2 but what is going on with the multiverse? This takes place according to  FFH 8 months after Endgame, Loki, WandaVision and now it looks like Dr somehow messed up with the Multiverse. What's been happening with it for the past 8 months after Sylvie broke the timeline?

I'm not sure whether or not the Dr. Strange concept of the Multiverse and the Loki concept of the Multiverse are the exact same thing.  Especially since the Dr. Strange Multiverse seems to encompass dimensions that are "outside of time" (and perhaps more critically, existed even before the Loki series).  Though I wouldn't be surprised if we get something tying into a more tidy bow in either Season 2 of Loki or Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness.

On 8/23/2021 at 9:39 PM, monron999 said:

As usual, most of the rumors are true. I'm calling it now. The BAF for the Legends wave will be another Finish-A-Figure where they'll sell us Doc Ock (actually Otto) as a single card and then his tentacles as his Octo Gear or some other booshit. Watch and see.

And whats wrong with that? It's better than Haslab making him and charge $200..  To think that he may actually have tentacles long enough to make the figure stand and use them like in the movies and comics...and not it be a custom job...

On 8/24/2021 at 9:08 AM, Typhis said:

And whats wrong with that? It's better than Haslab making him and charge $200..  To think that he may actually have tentacles long enough to make the figure stand and use them like in the movies and comics...and not it be a custom job...

If Doc is going to be coming in the very near future meaning its something Hasbro reveals this week then my money is on it more likely being a store exclusive stand-alone similar to the Kro figure in the Eternals line or the recent announced Vulture. I do think sooner or later Hasbro will do a Doc Ock figure.

Just spit balling a theory here. Peter goes to Strange to erase his identity from everyone's mind (something they did in the comics "Moment in Time" story. The spell goes haywire due to recent events with that have messed up the Multiverse (Loki and Scarlet Witch) which brings those problems to Strange's attention. Strange then helps Peter make this special suit that allows him to travel the Multiverse so they can further investigate whats going on.

240706986_2898801867099660_5170075306583705863_n.thumb.jpg.4883eb813b8cc446feedede91e3870ee.jpg

Peter then visits different universes to try and investigate whats going on while encountering various characters such as Doc Ock, Green Goblin and Electro. Maybe, maybe not he also encounters various Spider-Man's but they dont have a huge impact on the overall story of this movie. Its mostly cameos and the focus is Peter navigating these strange alternate universes to investigate whats going on in the Multiverse.  At the end though for the after-credit scene the villains (Doc Ock, Electro and Green Goblin) somehow end up on Holland's earth where they end up forming the Sinister Six with Michael Keaton's Vulture joining them to be the basis for Spider-Man 4???

On 8/24/2021 at 8:08 AM, Typhis said:

Well, I've had the discussion with others on the forum, and at the risk of starting a big argument I'll explain where I'm coming from again. Not that everyone has to subscribe to my feelings, but this is just what I think. No hate on anyone who has a dissenting opinion, but I think my argument is at least valid if not agreeable.

So, I'll start by saying the BAF system was started as a "bonus" system to urge customers to buy entire sets. It's a great system and a great incentive. No one is entitled to a bonus. Your money is your own and you buy what you like. Here's the thing though, you shouldn't HAVE to go into the bonus to complete a figure. I had this issue with both Vulture (MCU) and Cap (Sam). They packaged and sold both figures as "Vulture" and "Captain America", and like it or not, a defining detail about both those characters is that they had wings. Vulture, as a character has wings. This version of Cap, as his character, has wings. Don't make me buy Toomes and try to tell me I got Vulture, cuz I didn't. I bought only part of what makes Vulture and then I had to buy the entire set to get the parts to finish the character. The same goes with this version of Captain America. Sam is not a Super Soldier so a major part of his game is that he uses additional tech and gadgets as part of his hero persona. You can't just put Sam in a box and call him Captain America (though they did), and again tell us we gotta buy the set to complete Captain America. Now if you wanna do the entire figure and the gear altogether as a bonus I'm good with that. That would have lined up cuz, as they name the waves after the BAF usually, this wave would have been called the Captain America wave. Everything would have worked out.

I know not everyone agrees with this, and maybe many cannot see it from this perspective, but if you look at it in a couple of other ways it's easier to see. First, let's talk the Sauron wave. Sauron is a character who has pretty big wings as part of his individual design. They didn't put his body in a box, call it Sauron and then make us buy the entire wave to finish his wings. They did the entire Sauron character as the BAF and that was the right way to do it. Great figure, great job, but why should characters like Vulture and Captain America be different? Secondly, let's go way back to the days where the "bonus" figure was a mail away figure like Cobra Commander and Emperor Palpatine, back in the Kenner days. Back then the incentive was to buy the entire wave, or at least a certain number of characters out of the wave, cut out the UPC codes, and mail them in to get a "bonus" character. When that bonus came in it was the entire character. They didn't put part, or most of Cobra Commander in a box, sell it as Cobra Commander then make you send in the UPC's in order to get the rest of the character. They didn't put part of most of Palpatine in the box and then make you send UPC's to get the cloak and lightsaber.

If they end up doing Doc Ock in this wave or even a 2nd one I get the feeling that this is the same way they plan to do it and are banking on the fact that most people would want that Molina Doc so much in current ML form that we would all most likely buy it. Is that smart? Maybe. Is it fair? Maybe not. I guess both those answers are just a matter of perspective. For me, as a longtime loyal collector who has given plenty of my hard earned cash chasing the ghost, I think it's a (another) slap in the face.

On the side note, I'm no big fan of Haslab either and the entire Deluxe format is hit or miss, but at least with both of those you're getting the entire figure and sometimes even a few good accessories and it doesn't feel like you're being strong armed to spend a lot of extra money to finish off what is actually little more than a standard figure. 

The lack of even a hint of other Spider-Men kind of reinforces something I'd been thinking about for a bit now.

Maybe I'm just splitting hairs here, but what if Ock and company aren't actually supposed to represent the villains from their respective movies, but doppelgangers of those characters. For that matter, maybe they aren't even from parallel universes, but from whatever alternate timeline Peter and Strange create when they FUBAR the spell.

I know the general consensus is the plot will be a "many worlds" thing, but I'm personally getting more of a "It's a Wonderful Life" vibe from the trailer.

Basically, Peter and Strange retroactively wipe out knowledge of Spider-Man's secret identity from the world. Now Peter has to explore the aftermath of his decision. Of course, it also set off some timey-wimey thing which led to the MCU versions of Otto Octavius, Max Dillon, and Norman Osborn becoming villains.

Case in point, the insinuation in the Doc Ock reveal was that Ock recognized Holland's Peter AS Peter. That would certainly indicate they were from the same universe.

On 8/24/2021 at 9:25 AM, JayC said:

If Doc is going to be coming in the very near future meaning its something Hasbro reveals this week then my money is on it more likely being a store exclusive stand-alone similar to the Kro figure in the Eternals line or the recent announced Vulture. I do think sooner or later Hasbro will do a Doc Ock figure.

I would be totally cool with that. At least you don't get the feeling that they're trying to pull one over you that way. You want that figure buy it, as a whole and complete and only buy that one if you want. Don't feel forced to buy an entire wave to finish it.

I'm still not fully sold on Tobey or Andrew being in the movie, though now I'm more 50/50 than I originally was. I recently had a thought that would be interesting to see. I like the theory a few people here have had about the villains not actually being from the Raimi/ASM universes, but rather variants of Tom's villains, maybe from a world where his backstory was more similar to Tobey or Andrew's or one where he didn't have Stark's influence creating villains for him. Then potentially, instead of seeing Tobey and Andrew fighting with him in the final battle, instead we see a redemption arc for Vulture, who starts out as a member of the S6, but then switches sides and helps him defeat them? Would be an interesting twist, for sure, and there is actually precedent for it from the end of Homecoming. Then maybe we see Tobey and Andrew pop up in MOM, as there's already rumors we'll see variants of the Avengers there.

Side note, we definitely need those villains in ML form. I'm hoping for a Doc Ock deluxe reveal on Thursday alongside the wave, and then Green Goblin and Electro coming at some point after we've actually seen them. 

On 8/24/2021 at 9:26 AM, monron999 said:

I would be totally cool with that. At least you don't get the feeling that they're trying to pull one over you that way. You want that figure buy it, as a whole and complete and only buy that one if you want. Don't feel forced to buy an entire wave to finish it.

I'm honestly not sure how they could do him as a BAF, maybe have superposable tentacles packed in with each figure? If he was the BAF, and not just his tentacles, I'd be ok with that too, 2 legs, 2 arms, head/torso, 2 sets of tentacles.

On 8/24/2021 at 11:36 AM, Ironspider428 said:

I'm still not fully sold on Tobey or Andrew being in the movie, though now I'm more 50/50 than I originally was. I recently had a thought that would be interesting to see. I like the theory a few people here have had about the villains not actually being from the Raimi/ASM universes, but rather variants of Tom's villains, maybe from a world where his backstory was more similar to Tobey or Andrew's or one where he didn't have Stark's influence creating villains for him. Then potentially, instead of seeing Tobey and Andrew fighting with him in the final battle, instead we see a redemption arc for Vulture, who starts out as a member of the S6, but then switches sides and helps him defeat them? Would be an interesting twist, for sure, and there is actually precedent for it from the end of Homecoming. Then maybe we see Tobey and Andrew pop up in MOM, as there's already rumors we'll see variants of the Avengers there.

Side note, we definitely need those villains in ML form. I'm hoping for a Doc Ock deluxe reveal on Thursday alongside the wave, and then Green Goblin and Electro coming at some point after we've actually seen them. 

Then again, they could just be in some flashback images they show us when those displaced villains, Green Goblin, Doc Ock and Electro, in particular are going over which Spidey they fought and how they got there.

On 8/24/2021 at 11:39 AM, Ironspider428 said:

I'm honestly not sure how they could do him as a BAF, maybe have superposable tentacles packed in with each figure? If he was the BAF, and not just his tentacles, I'd be ok with that too, 2 legs, 2 arms, head/torso, 2 sets of tentacles.

I'm betting we'll see him as a deluxe, maybe even as part of a Sinister Six boxed set. BAFs are great and all, but Hasbro DOES love their "special" figures.