Tom Holland And Jacob Batalon Reveal The Name For Spider-Man 3???

JayC

Hmm... so if they are positioning Doc Ock as the main big bad does this negate Otto’s redemption at the end of Spider-Man 2?

got to say, this multi-verse foolishness has me concerned. But will take all of this over Disney dipping back into the Eternals pool.. here’s hoping that experiment is a one and done.

On 11/15/2021 at 8:07 PM, McHogan said:

Hmm... so if they are positioning Doc Ock as the main big bad does this negate Otto’s redemption at the end of Spider-Man 2?

Personally, I'm leaning toward the theory that this ISN'T Spider-Man 2's Doc Ock. He's from the MCU universe, just an altered timeline. That explains why, in the first trailer, he apparently recognizes the MCU Peter AS Peter Parker. Theory kind of gets some credence from the revelation that Electro has a different appearance this movie . . . and the fact Doc Ock was very much dead at the end of Spidey 2.

On 11/15/2021 at 5:07 PM, McHogan said:

"...got to say, this multi-verse foolishness has me concerned. But will take all of this over Disney dipping back into the Eternals pool.. here’s hoping that experiment is a one and done...."

I'm with you. Multi-verse winds up being another overused contrivance, that inept writers rely on to explain away their multiple errors, inconsistencies, and just overall weak story writing ability to begin with. 

On the other hand, if you involve Dr. Strange and a spell goes wrong....ok, yeah, I can see where the fabric of reality may take a nasty, bizarre turn. 

Also, agree with you on Eternals....that whole thing just never made any sense to me.

DAMN that trailer was cool. The villains all look great, some interesting things to note though, Goblin has is 2002 suit, but we also get a split second shot of what seems to be a new suit, Lizard and Sandman look exactly the same (I wish they gave Lizard his clothes, but it's whatever), Electro looks BADASS, the way the lightning formed his classic mask over his face was super cool. 

Also the Spider-Man suits look good, we finally get to see the Integrated suit, which is a bit boring, but still cool, and the black and gold suit looks fantastic. Also we get our first real glimpse into the plot. All in all very happy with the trailer, they didn't seem to spoil anything too big and it amped up the hype a lot for me at least. 

Anyway, Hasbro, reveals of a NWH Goblin, Doc Ock, Electro, Lizard and Sandman are now in order. Please and thank you. I'll be expecting them for Marvel Monday next week.

On 11/16/2021 at 8:46 PM, Ironspider428 said:

DAMN that trailer was cool. The villains all look great, some interesting things to note though, Goblin has is 2002 suit, but we also get a split second shot of what seems to be a new suit, Lizard and Sandman look exactly the same (I wish they gave Lizard his clothes, but it's whatever), Electro looks BADASS, the way the lightning formed his classic mask over his face was super cool. 

Also the Spider-Man suits look good, we finally get to see the Integrated suit, which is a bit boring, but still cool, and the black and gold suit looks fantastic. Also we get our first real glimpse into the plot. All in all very happy with the trailer, they didn't seem to spoil anything too big and it amped up the hype a lot for me at least. 

Anyway, Hasbro, reveals of a NWH Goblin, Doc Ock, Electro, Lizard and Sandman are now in order. Please and thank you. I'll be expecting them for Marvel Monday next week.

I thought that other Goblin suit might belong to "New Goblin" from Spider-Man 3 or the one from Amazing Spider-Man 2.

On 11/16/2021 at 9:34 PM, SpiderMan said:

I thought that other Goblin suit might belong to "New Goblin" from Spider-Man 3 or the one from Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Yeah that's what it looked like, the Harry Osborn Goblin from ASM 2, I'm pretty sure that was the second goblin shown

Man though that trailer! woooo

spacer.png

so much going on and that was surely the tip of the iceberg, I can't wait for this movie, it looks wacko.

Sweet! Really enjoyed that! I think I got goosebumps when Dock Ock said "You're not Peter..." I was pretty sure then that they were going to show the McGuire and Garfield Spider-Men in the trailer, but ah well. I was surprised to see Sandman, Lizard and Harry Osborn Goblin! At this point, if they didn't have the other two Spider-Men helping out, it'd be too weird, lol. Really looking forward to this!

So much to digest.. 

i too think the “other” Goblin is from Garfield’s ASM2

HATED Sony’s Electro but seeing what Disney has done with his power effect may just turn him around for me.. maybe

Im thinking ( hoping) that Maguire & Garfield’s Spidey’s and Venom are being saved for the final trailer. 

Dang.. the cast for this movie!! This is Avengers film level character count here

but ive still got to think most of them will be essentially cameos.. way too much going on here to really expand everyone’s story..

did I spot Mysterio? Odd with everyone talking about the Maguire / Garfield villains we haven’t heard much about Vulture, Shocker and Mysterio..

I’ve  said I’m concerned about the Multiverse story they are doing here but getting plot hints has me thinking this is going to be a fun film...

what Hasbro really needs to do is drop a wave of Spidey Legends ala The Eternals wave with a 7 figure wave plus a few store exclusives plus a deluxe or two  to get Hasbro versions of all these characters

Yeah just realized with those pics, Sandman's face, didn't really notice that at first, it was way too quick and so much was happening, but doesn't look like Thomas Haden Church, I wonder if they re-cast Sandman...I just also realized with those pics the cool way they re-did Electro with how they did the mask out of electricity, man this movie is going to be so much fun, might it be weird, maybe?, might be kinda twist things around maybe?, but will it be crazy fun...Yeah it has to be, this is going to be on the Civil War/Infinity War level here.

now just imagine Shinji Todo Spider-Man shows Up....and Nicholas Hammond Spider-Man...nah that's all too wild...but What If?!

On 11/16/2021 at 11:52 PM, Hogun said:

Rhys Ifans back as Lizard as well.

This is good news to me as well, as much as I know people generally didn't like that ASM movie, I actually liked The Lizard and thought he was a cool villain, didn't hate his look either it seemed realistic in terms of how a half man half lizard would look if he still had some human elements. I was hoping they wouldn't leave him out. I actually didn't hate that first movie, the 2nd ASM ya wasn't a fan, but the first movie was cool to me (at the time atleast)

I'd welcome a new Legend deluxe of that Lizard.

A lot in it and still thankfully no sign of Maguire or Garfield. Though I am annoyed that seemingly the whole 'Peter is accused of murdering Mysterio and his identity is exposed' plot seems to just be the catalyst for the whole multiverse stuff. Also nice meta nod to the fact that hero movies love to kill off their villains.

The suits do look good, it would almost make me want to get the Marvel legends versions except they aren't done correctly. 

Certainly a more exciting trailer than the first one. Personally I don't mind that there was no Tobey or Andrew, eventhough more or less I've accepted the fact that they are almost definitely in the movie. I also really like that the movie is gonna be more serious and dark than the previous ones and that it feels like Spiderman is finally a hero on his own (despites Strange's help and likely guidance in this one because well, multiverse and all that #$##), without needing Tony or Fury or Beck for help. I know why the previous ones had him in that position, I get it and I've accepted it, but I really want to see Spiderman make it on his own, as we know him and grow as a superhero. I know that perhaps it feels a little stretched to say that with Strange and potentially the other Spidermen coming in to assist him, but we'll see, at least that's how the trailer made me feel. 

On 11/17/2021 at 3:16 AM, leokearon said:

A lot in it and still thankfully no sign of Maguire or Garfield. Though I am annoyed that seemingly the whole 'Peter is accused of murdering Mysterio and his identity is exposed' plot seems to just be the catalyst for the whole multiverse stuff. Also nice meta nod to the fact that hero movies love to kill off their villains.

The suits do look good, it would almost make me want to get the Marvel legends versions except they aren't done correctly. 

Agreed on the 'Peter is accused of murdering Mysterio and his identity is exposed' part, it isn't fully exploited and like you said probably is just the catalyst for the Multiverse aspect of the film. Also agreed on the marvel legends part, the best option is to just wait for the updated versions. 

On 11/17/2021 at 12:00 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I'd welcome a new Legend deluxe of that Lizard.

Oh me too!

I couldn't believe it! They actually crafted a trailer that made me want to see an MCU Spider-Man movie.

Then, here come the jokes.

Of course, that's pretty much the MCU's stock and trade. They build up all this drama and gravitas with their productions, and then whiz the whole thing down their leg with stupid, out of place, ham-fisted comedy.

It IS nice to know Spidey won't be without a sugar-daddy this film. After all, if you can't play Robin to Iron Man's Batman anymore, and what sadly passes for writers honestly have know idea what you're about or how to craft a hero who stands on their own, at least you can still be Doctor Strange's boy wonder. Looks like Peter even gets to trade in his talking tights and Iron Man underwear for . . . MAGIC Iron Man underwear.

God, I hate the MCU.

On 11/17/2021 at 9:29 AM, mako said:

God, I hate the MCU.

I'm actually personally very thankful for the MCU. There's no way that the Marvel Legends toy line would still be going without the popularity of these movies. Honestly I'm not sure the comic book industry itself would still be going if not for the popularity of comic book movies over the past 25 years. The younger generations today likely wouldn't have a clue who most Marvel characters are without the existence of these movies, and probably would never be introduced to them in any other way.

People can complain about the MCU all they want, but in my opinion they're still the best thing going right now and probably the only movies made in recent history that I feel worth sitting and watching for 2 hours at a time.