WandaVision Season 2 Hinted At Plus 6 One Hour Episodes Of Falcon And The Winter Soldier Confirmed By Feige

JayC

According to THR, Marvel Studio's President Kevin Feige spoke virtually at a TCA panel from the Atlanta today. During this Feige confirmed the following things:

- Ms. Marvel concludes filming soon

- She-Hulk starts filming in a few weeks followed by Oscar Isaac's Moon Knight shortly after.

- Feige hinted there is a possibility for a second season of WandaVision, but was not willing to confirm a second season for the show at this time.

- Feige confirmed there are 2 episodes remaining of WandaVision but did not confirm their run times.

- Falcon & The Winter Soldier season 1 will feature 6 episodes

roughly 1 hour each.

- While Deadpool 3 will be R rated, he is not looking to make other Marvel movies R rated. He basically said Deadpool is the exception to the rule.

- When it comes to the future of Agents of SHIELD and the now canceled Netflix Marvel shows, Feige continued to leave the door open to the possibility of those characters being used again but would not confirm or comment on any of the rumors about characters returning anytime soon.

"I'm not exactly sure of the exact contracts, but perhaps someday,"

"I'll just say there are often rumors that are true and there are often rumors that are not true. "It was great fun having Clark Gregg (Agent Coulson) come back to the MCU in Captain Marvel … but everything else, we'll just have to see."

Here is the current breakdown of the Marvel Studios projects and their premier dates that we know of, and barring any further COVID delays:

- WandaVision concluded March 5 on Disney+

- Falcon and The Winter Soldier premiers March 19 on Disney+

- Tom Hiddleston's Loki premiers June 11 on Disney+

- Hawkeye series on Disney+ (Unknown)

- Ms. Marvel series on Disney+ (Unknown)

- What If? animated series on Disney+ (Unknown)

- Black Widow In theaters on May 7, 2021

- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings in theaters on July 9, 2021

- Eternals premiers on November 5, 2021

Sony's Spider-Man: No Way Home premiers in theaters on Dec. 17, 2021

"Some of the shows that I mentioned that we are about to start filming, we are keeping in mind a structure that would lead into a season two or a season three in a more direct way compared to a show like WandaVisionthat goes into a feature," said Feige.

I don't know, I read that as there are no plans for a WandaVision season 2. It was planned to lead into Doctor Strange In the Multiverse of Madness. Sure, that could change, maybe, but the structure of the series sure feels finite to me.

Honestly I don't think I want to see any season 2's of any of these shows, I think the limited episode structure is way to go, so they feel like extended movies, with so many shows on the horizon, that's way too much material if say 4 of these shows have 2+ seasons, the shows should be like movies basically but longer and broken up, and they can lead into feature films, if they do multiple seasons I see a bad downfall way too much output, it's going to be so watered down and marvel will be too overworked and level of saturation will make it all mundane. I know simple rule marvel already isn't abiding by which strikes me dangerous Quality over Quantity, slow down marvel..crawl before you walk. I already fear they are looming on alienating their casual fanbase by having too much for the average person to follow, which will make them walk away in confusion.

20 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Honestly I don't think I want to see any season 2's of any of these shows, I think the limited episode structure is way to go, so they feel like extended movies, with so many shows on the horizon, that's way too much material if say 4 of these shows have 2+ seasons, the shows should be like movies basically but longer and broken up, and they can lead into feature films, if they do multiple seasons I see a bad downfall way too much output, it's going to be so watered down and marvel will be too overworked and level of saturation will make it all mundane. I know simple rule marvel already isn't abiding by which strikes me dangerous Quality over Quantity, slow down marvel..crawl before you walk. I already fear they are looming on alienating their casual fanbase by having too much for the average person to follow, which will make them walk away in confusion.

Your comment is pretty spot on.

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

I don't know, I read that as there are no plans for a WandaVision season 2. It was planned to lead into Doctor Strange In the Multiverse of Madness. Sure, that could change, maybe, but the structure of the series sure feels finite to me.

If you saw somewhere there is no season 2 then I would say it was BS. Thats not to say there will be a season 2, just nothing that suggests there wont either. Yes this season will dump off into the movies so if there is a second season it will pick up wherever the characters are after the events of the movies, not after the events of this season.

1 hour ago, Dodge76 said:

Your comment is pretty spot on.

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I already fear they are looming on alienating their casual fanbase by having too much for the average person to follow, which will make them walk away in confusion.

You could have made the same claim for all the movies that became before as well, but so far its a strategy that seems to have worked pretty well for them. I don't envy Feige with having to juggle all these pieces to make sure they all fit right, but so far he's done a pretty good job. My guess there will only be a season 2 of WandaVision or any of these shows if they see a need for it in the greater scheme of the MCU.

15 minutes ago, JayC said:

You could have made the same claim for all the movies that became before as well, but so far its a strategy that seems to have worked pretty well for them. I don't envy Feige with having to juggle all these pieces to make sure they all fit right, but so far he's done a pretty good job. My guess there will only be a season 2 of WandaVision or any of these shows if they see a need for it in the greater scheme of the MCU.

I mean yes you are correct in making the statement that so far it has worked, and they have managed to fit all of the pieces together with wonderful execution, but most of the films we received over the last decade were fairly spaced apart, at least enough for the masses to follow and for the creators to work on with more clear focus, 2-3 movies a year, seems a lot less daunting then 3-4 movies a year plus 4-5 shows a year, that's my thoughts.

7 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

all i know is that if Wandavision ends on a big cliffhanger i'll be pretty annoyed.  They can leave some stuff unresolved for Doc Strange 2 or whatever but i expect a satisfying amount of closure at the end of S1. 

I doubt it will end on a cliff-hanger. It will obviously have something to tie-in to Dr. Strange 2, but I am expecting a complete story