Marvel Legends Black Widow 2-Pack, New $50 Avengers Deluxe, Spider-Man Figure Listings And More

JayC

On 2/24/2021 at 11:52 AM, JayC said:
As reported last month, a listing showed up on a Canadian distributor website for a new Marvel Legends Black Widow 2-Pack.

Marvel Legends Black Widow 2 pack
Product Number: F1129
EAN: 5010993860777

As I first reported this weekend, the set should contain figures of Red Guardian and Yelena. My initial thought was and perhaps still is that the set will be movie based. Truth is I don't really know though. We have previously gotten both comic and movie versions of Red Guardian in the line. I figured it would be movie and this one would have a helmeted head instead of an unmasked one like we previously got. The Yelena figure is the strange one here.

We have already gotten a movie Yelena figure, and at least based on the trailers we have see for the movie so far her outfit doesn't seem to change much. We however have not gotten a comic book based Yelena figure, at least not since the Toy Biz days which was a variant.

If it's movie based I suppose Yelena might end up wearing a different outfit that we just haven't seen yet, perhaps a black one. Honestly I am really surprised its not a two-pack featuring a helmeted Red Guardian with the Melina character, which has yet to get a figure.

For comics, I don't think Red Guardian's outfit has changed to much over the years. At one point I think he had a red star on his chest as opposed to white like the recent Marvel Legends figure has. So it will be a little disappointing if we had to buy another Red Guardian figure to get a comic book based Yelena, not that we haven't seen that tactic before.

That's it for now. Of course until Hasbro officially confirms these, we will treat all of this as RUMOR for now.

Black-Widow-2-Pack__scaled_600.jpg

Its folly to time the release of action figures around movies/tv shows that could be shut down at any moment due to covid. They should lean heavily in comic versions and the incorporate films. 

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Its folly to time the release of action figures around movies/tv shows that could be shut down at any moment due to covid. They should lean heavily in comic versions and the incorporate films. 

They don't have much choice given the uncertainty. If they do and the movie is delayed then you're stuck with products on the shelves but you at least have something to sell.  If they don't and the movie is released they they miss the perfect time to sell their products.

38 minutes ago, leokearon said:

They don't have much choice given the uncertainty. If they do and the movie is delayed then you're stuck with products on the shelves but you at least have something to sell.  If they don't and the movie is released they they miss the perfect time to sell their products.

I'm not sure about that. When the Black Widow wave dropped it flew off the shelves (at least in my area) and I was forced to order the figures I needed online. That movie still hasn't been released and people took to it even without full knowledge of some of the new characters, nor a film in theaters to push the product.

6 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I'm not sure about that. When the Black Widow wave dropped it flew off the shelves (at least in my area) and I was forced to order the figures I needed online. That movie still hasn't been released and people took to it even without full knowledge of some of the new characters, nor a film in theaters to push the product.

The Black Widow wave was released when everyone hoped and thought that it would still be released on time and there was already plenty of hype for it, so the figures could sell. The thing is that Tie-in toylines need to actually tie into their product in order to get the casual fan cash boost. 

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

The Black Widow wave was released when everyone hoped and thought that it would still be released on time and there was already plenty of hype for it, so the figures could sell. The thing is that Tie-in toylines need to actually tie into their product in order to get the casual fan cash boost. 

I dunno, I agree with you but at the same time, from what I see at least, casual fans aren't buying Legends. It's guys like us who have lists and a serious passion. That or scalpers who want to make money off collectors. Timing is important but I just feel like the fans are going to buy it no matter when it releases. Except the Eternals. Those won't be going anywhere but the discount bins.

9 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Its folly to time the release of action figures around movies/tv shows that could be shut down at any moment due to covid. 

It's what they've been doing the last 8 years and it seems to have been working out fine for them. 

As for recent production, the hands are tied. The figures have already been made or were in the process of being developed when the productions shut down. They're not gonna just throw out figures they've already produced.