Could Fortnite Marvel Based Marvel Legends Be Coming From Hasbro???

JayC

Today Hasbro held a virtual Investor Day Panel where they talked about how they would be expanding their product licensing partnership with Epic Games for Fortnite. Previously Hasbro had done Fortnite products for their NERF and Monopoly lines. Then a few weeks ago Hasbro announced a 6" G.I. Joe Classified Snake-Eye figure based on how the the character will appear in the game. Yes you can play G.I. Joe characters now in Fortnite.

The Snake-Eyes Fortnite figure was sold as a HasbroPulse exclusive and sold out fairly quickly.

Now if you didn't know, Marvel characters have also been in the Fortnite

game. So after today's announcement about Hasbro expanding their partnership with Epic Games, I couldn't help but noticing a tweet made by Hasbro Marvel brand team member Dan Yun who was responding to a GameInformer article that was speculating in light of today's announcement we might be seeing more figures from Hasbro similar to the Snake-Eyes one.

It's entirely possible this was Dan simply indicating this is something he would like to see. He captioned the animation with the word "dreamz"

, but it's not unreasonable to think that Fortnite Marvel Legends based Marvel figures could be something at least being contemplated at Hasbro.

It's not clear how much of an expansion the agreement between Epic Games and Hasbro will entail. Currently other companies such as Jazwares and McFarlane Toys have been doing 4", 6" and 7" figures based on the actual Fortnite characters, and there was nothing said today indicating that will be changing, at least for now. However would you be interested in seeing Marvel Legends 6" figures from Hasbro based on the Marvel characters and how they look in the Fortnite video game? Let us know in the COMMENTS SECTION

marvel_fortnite.thumb.jpg.57ab78e601e5a0ea1415ac2b785dbc9b.jpg

26 minutes ago, JayC said:

Today Hasbro held a virtual Investor Day Panel where they talked about how they would be expanding their product licensing partnership with Epic Games for Fortnite. Previously Hasbro had done Fortnite products for their NERF and Monopoly lines. Then a few weeks ago Hasbro announced a 6" G.I. Joe Classified Snake-Eye figure based on how the the character will appear in the game. Yes you can play G.I. Joe characters now in Fortnite.

The Snake-Eyes Fortnite figure was sold as a HasbroPulse exclusive and sold out fairly quickly.

Now if you didn't know, Marvel characters have also been in the Fortnite

game. So after today's announcement about Hasbro expanding their partnership with Epic Games, I couldn't help but noticing a tweet made by Hasbro Marvel brand team member Dan Yun who was responding to a GameInformer article that was speculating in light of today's announcement we might be seeing more figures from Hasbro similar to the Snake-Eyes one.

It's entirely possible this was Dan simply indicating this is something he would like to see. He captioned the animation with the word "dreamz"

, but it's not unreasonable to think that Fortnite Marvel Legends based Marvel figures could be something at least being contemplated at Hasbro.

It's not clear how much of an expansion the agreement between Epic Games and Hasbro will entail. Currently other companies such as Jazwares and McFarlane Toys have been doing 4", 6" and 7" figures based on the actual Fortnite characters, and there was nothing said today indicating that will be changing, at least for now. However would you be interested in seeing Marvel Legends 6" figures from Hasbro based on the Marvel characters and how they look in the Fortnite video game? Let us know in the COMMENTS SECTION

marvel_fortnite.thumb.jpg.57ab78e601e5a0ea1415ac2b785dbc9b.jpg

I don't know anything about Fortnite beyond the name. Wouldn't Legends of those designs just be regular Marvel looks?

If its just going to be reuse of the figures already out and not utilizing the actual fortnite designs proportions and just including fortnite guns, thatd be a very easy pass. Nothing but the guns scream fortnite with that snake eyes at all. I m not a huge fortnite fan to begin with tho. Honestly most of the fortnite designs arent much different aside from the cartoony proportions and some creative liberties on the costume variations. 

4 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

If its just going to be reuse of the figures already out and not utilizing the actual fortnite designs proportions and just including fortnite guns, thatd be a very easy pass. Nothing but the guns scream fortnite with that snake eyes at all. I m not a huge fortnite fan to begin with tho. Honestly most of the fortnite designs arent much different aside from the cartoony proportions and some creative liberties on the costume variations. 

I dunno, I'm pretty sure Hasbro already tried the whole screen accurate (edit) Overwatch thing. If didn't turn out so well. Needless to say, I'm no fan of this idea. There are far too many characters from from the Marvel Universe and soooo many that need updates that making space for another sub-line just muddies that possibility that they'll ever be done. I understand the comics fan has not had any control as to what figures do get done in a long while, but this is just too much. We all know it's just gonna be a buncha Captain America and Iron Man and Spider-Man and Wolverine and Deadpool, all of which we have plenty of to an almost nauseating level.

49 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I'm no fan of this idea. There are far too many characters from from the Marvel Universe and soooo many that need updates that making space for another sub-line just muddies that possibility that they'll ever be done. I understand the comics fan has not had any control as to what figures do get done in a long while, but this is just too much. We all know it's just gonna be a buncha Captain America and Iron Man and Spider-Man and Wolverine and Deadpool, all of which we have plenty of to an almost nauseating level.

I'm not a fan of this idea for the same reasons as above, it's going to be more reasons for the Hasbro people to make more of the same with a few deco alterations, if in fact they are going to be making Marvel in fortnite figures, you can bet Deadpool is the first figure out the gate thus proving the points we are making. I think it's just way too much, it would be so high fructose gimmick to release these figures I'd say I'd be a bit taken back.

26 minutes ago, mako said:

While I don't play the game, I like some of the character designs the Marvel guys sport in it so I'm all for this.

Besides, the line could use a little fresh idea injection.

Right, what Mako said. I have been keeping an eye on some of the figures from Fortnite but haven't bought one yet. Maybe this will grab my attention.

56 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I'm not a fan of this idea for the same reasons as above, it's going to be more reasons for the Hasbro people to make more of the same with a few deco alterations, if in fact they are going to be making Marvel in fortnite figures, you can bet Deadpool is the first figure out the gate thus proving the points we are making. I think it's just way too much, it would be so high fructose gimmick to release these figures I'd say I'd be a bit taken back.

Agreed, and excellent metaphor too. Waaaay too syrupy for my tastes. There are so many traditional Marvel characters that they could update and even make new figures of even just with the tooling they already have. If there are going to be sub-lines, then it should be things like a more dedicated FF line etc.

So who would make them? Hasbro or the Fortnite people (the toy makers, not the game)? 

I mean, I don’t see Marvel licensing their stuff out to a company other than Hasbro and why would Hasbro emulate another companies style?

I really don’t want to get into another line ( subline ) so I’d pass for now. But who knows, stylized versions of Marvel characters might change my  mind in hand. Although the recent 4” retro line just aggravates me, I’m an MU guy screw these 5 POA POS... 

37 minutes ago, McHogan said:

So who would make them? Hasbro or the Fortnite people (the toy makers, not the game)? 

I mean, I don’t see Marvel licensing their stuff out to a company other than Hasbro and why would Hasbro emulate another companies style?

I really don’t want to get into another line ( subline ) so I’d pass for now. But who knows, stylized versions of Marvel characters might change my  mind in hand. Although the recent 4” retro line just aggravates me, I’m an MU guy screw these 5 POA POS... 

The way it was looking to me is that Hasbro themselves might be looking to do the figures in the wake of their failed Overwatch project. As one of it's up and coming strong contenders, I doubt Hasbro would allow Jazzwares to produce product based on Marvel properties under the fear that they may, and probably will, outdo Hasbro.

Do you think Hasbro will ask us? They will do Fortnite Wave and put some classic comic figures on it just like they did for the Failed Avengers videogame, at least they were "nice" enough to make the BAF videogame related so we didnt have to buy videogame figures.

1 hour ago, Legender said:

Do you think Hasbro will ask us? They will do Fortnite Wave and put some classic comic figures on it just like they did for the Failed Avengers videogame, at least they were "nice" enough to make the BAF videogame related so we didnt have to buy videogame figures.

A little on the cynical side, but I think you may be on the right track.

I expect the crossover to be the basis of another Gamerverse wave (hopefully fully dedicated this time). If this DOES pan out, maybe, just maybe, we'll finally get that Galactus BAF I've been waiting for.

• 2 weeks later...

Last month we speculated about possibilities of seeing Marvel themed Fortnite characters showing up in the Marvel Legends line. This was based on the recent news that Hasbro was expanding their license agreement with Epic Games to do action figures based on the Fortnite video game. Since then we've learned that Hasbro's new license which will begin in 2022 will specifically allow them to do Fortnite figures in 6" or up scale. We also learned that Jazwares who was previously doing 6" Fortnite figures starting next year will now only be doing 2" and 6" figures.

So we still don't know for sure if Hasbro will start doing 6" Fortnite figures based on the Marvel characters that have been appearing in the game or not. We've seen them already start to do similar figures with their G.I. Joe Classified line when they recently announced a new Snake-Eyes Fortnite figure. We also told you last month how we had seen

Hasbro Marvel brand team member Dan Yun perhaps hinting at things to come on social media in regards to Marvel Fortnite figures.

Still, for now we have know specifics on what Hasbro might do in regards to Fortnite, so we will have to wait and see if Marvel themed ones are actually in the cards or not. Never-the-less, for those who aren't super familiar with the Fortnite game like myself, I thought we would take a look at some of the Marvel character designs from the game. Just to give you an idea of how possible action figures might differ from other versions we have already gotten in the Marvel Legends line. Some of the Marvel characters as they have appeared in the Fortnite game differ a fair amount from their comic and movie counterparts, while others are very similar.

Captain America's look in the game seems to lean heavily on the movie design of his costume. Still I say you can never go wrong with a new Cap figure.

Iron Man's armor like Cap seems to be based on movie designs. However Tony Stark himself without his armor has appeared in the game as well which I think would make for a coll figure even if they didn't include the armor.

Thor I think has probably the most unique look in the game from any other version we have seen. This one seems like a given to me.

Natasha seems to have a fairly unique design for the game with the sleeveless outfit and the big Black Widow symbol on her chest.

She-Hulk is another one that seems to have a fairly unique design for the game. In fact that seems to be true for most of the female based Marvel characters.

Black Panther I think is one of the more recent additions to the game, however his look seems identical to versions of figures we have already gotten in the Marvel Legends line.

Captain Marvel is another recent addition to the game, and like Panther her outfit is very similar to other versions we already have figures of.

From the Guardians of the Galaxy we have Star-Lord that is rocking a look that varies a bit from the comics and movies.

Groot has also been in the game, but Groot is pretty much just Groot, so nothing special here.

Next we have seen a number of X-Men based characters show up in the game including Wolverine with both a brown and yellow suit. These are pretty similar to his looks in the comics, but I can't see Hasbro passing up an opportunity to give us another Wolverine.

Storm has also had a couple of looks in the game, both I think would make for cool action figures.

Mystique is another one that has had multiple looks in the game.

Psylocke I believe has only had one look in the game but it's unique enough I think it would make for a cool figure.

Rounding out the X-Men female characters is Domino who also seems to have a pretty unique look for the game.

Of course where Domino goes you can bet Cable and Deadpool are going to follow as well. Neither of these two seem to have looks that differ from the comics. However like Wolverine, I can't see Hasbro passing up an opportunity to give us another Deadpool figure.

It's not just heroes from the Marvel Universe that have made the crossover to Fornite though, we've got some bad guys that would make for cool new figures as well. The most notable I think is Dr. Doom.

Joining him is Taskmaster.

And then for cosmic bad guys we have Thanos who sports pretty much his movie look.

And then saving the biggest and possibly best for last, good ol' Galactus. At first you might think that giving us a character the size of Galactus in a Fortnite themed line would be a stretch. But if you think about how Fortnite is such a household name that is popular with kids. Having the Fortnite name on a figure that retailers might not normally be so quick to want to carry due to it's size and cost would be an added bonus. You might convince those retailers a Fortnite version of Galactus will have more kids cross appeal and hence sell better. Your right, I wouldn't hold my breath, but I have heard of stranger things happening.

So there you have it. I think I got most the characters from Marvel that have appeared in the game so far. Spider-Man I believe is coming if he hasn't shown up in Fortnite already, but I couldn't find any good images or indications his look will be anything different from what we've seen before. If Hasbro starts giving us Marvel themed Fortnite figures down the road, which one if any would you like to see get the figure treatment?

00.jpg

Captain-America-Fortnite.jpg

Fortnite-Black-Panther.jpg

Fortnite-Black-Widow.jpg

Fortnite-Cable.jpg

Fortnite-Captain-Marvel.jpg

Fortnite-Deadpool.jpg

Fortnite-Domino.jpg

Fortnite-Dr-Doom.jpg

Fortnite-Galactus.jpg

Fortnite-Groot.jpg

Fortnite-Iron-Man.jpg

Fortnite-Psylocke.jpg

Fortnite-Iron-Man-Tony.jpg

Fortnite-Storm-V1.jpg

Fortnite-Mystique-V1.jpg

Fortnite-Mystique-V2.jpg

Fortnite-She-Hulk.jpg

Fortnite-Starlord.jpg

Fortnite-Wolverine-V1.jpg

Fortnite-Storm-V2.jpg

Fortnite-Taskmaster.jpg

Fortnite-Thanos.jpg

Fortnite-Wolverine-V2.jpg

Fortnite-Thor.jpg

Not really something Im into. I cant see them fitting in my collection, even though some of them might work with the rest of my figures, like Groot for example. Some seem to fit with other comic book figures, others might be pushed in someone's MCU shelf. Its kinda unclear right now just like the rumored What If? figures. In any case we'll just have to wait and see

My opinion is that if they were to do this, they should just make them in the cheaper "basic" 6" version and not the Legends style. I have no interest either way, but feel like they would sell better with the target audience of kids and parents at the lower price point. I feel like Legends is more geared to the adult collector (most of the time). Hasbro has been doing a great job getting a lot of obscure characters made as Legends for the first time over the last couple of years, I'd honestly rather see them continue doing more of that.

15 minutes ago, Reno said:

My opinion is that if they were to do this, they should just make them in the cheaper "basic" 6" version and not the Legends style. I have no interest either way, but feel like they would sell better with the target audience of kids and parents at the lower price point. 

I agree with it makes sense to make a fortnite line a more children oriented line.