Did This Week's Episode 8 Of WandaVision Just Reveal 2 New Marvel Legends Figures? - This Article Contains MAJOR WandaVision SPOILERS

JayC

On 2/27/2021 at 3:46 AM, JayC said:

WARNING - You will want to wait until you've watched episode 8 ("Previously On") of the Disney+ WandaVision series before reading this article, because it does contain MAJOR SPOILERS.
Agatha_Harkness__scaled_600.jpg

Oh! That shot of Agatha! Getting closer and closer to her comic look. Of course the real version is much more older than Kathryn Hahn and we have yet to see Ebony....but I would love to see them give her that white hair, even if only for a moment. 

So far the MCU version of Harkness is nothing like the real one we know from the Fantastic Four....but I do wonder? We've already seen the 20th Century Fox Quicksilver enter the MCU. Is there an opening for the Fantastic Four now? Hmmmm!

tumblr_mbjc2nMr2v1ruukiw.jpg

I've always liked the look of the white Vision. Not exactly sure why, but if this is gonna just be a straight repaint/recast of the same undersized MCU Vision that we've already gotten with no improvement on scale then I'm gonna have to give this a stiff pass. I'm almost certain it's gonna be exactly that, cuz y'know.....Hasbro. That is, of course, assuming the BAF is not something super awesome that I have to have, which is the case to me with all things MCU related.

Again, just more opportunity to save some funds this year.

13 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Oh! That shot of Agatha! Getting closer and closer to her comic look. Of course the real version is much more older than Kathryn Hahn and we have yet to see Ebony....but I would love to see them give her that white hair, even if only for a moment. 

So far the MCU version of Harkness is nothing like the real one we know from the Fantastic Four....but I do wonder? We've already seen the 20th Century Fox Quicksilver enter the MCU. Is there an opening for the Fantastic Four now? Hmmmm!

tumblr_mbjc2nMr2v1ruukiw.jpg

Of course, she is a magic wielder. She could truly be an old haggard woman just disguising herslf as Edie from We're the Millers.

24 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Of course, she is a magic wielder. She could truly be an old haggard woman just disguising herslf as Edie from We're the Millers.

Yeah I think that she might actually be old, just using a spell to make her appear younger, because as we can see from the beginning of Ep.8 , the members of Salem witches (7?) or her mother to be exact was older, so we know that these witches do age, I also think that the Rabbit is really a cat, just in disguise as well.

31 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I've always liked the look of the white Vision. Not exactly sure why, but if this is gonna just be a straight repaint/recast of the same undersized MCU Vision that we've already gotten with no improvement on scale then I'm gonna have to give this a stiff pass. I'm almost certain it's gonna be exactly that, cuz y'know.....Hasbro. That is, of course, assuming the BAF is not something super awesome that I have to have, which is the case to me with all things MCU related.

Again, just more opportunity to save some funds this year.

Yeah so far I'm actually okay with the idea we are getting a ton of MCU stuff, I usually don't heavily collect MCU figures, and that's fine for both my hunting woes and my pockets if we get a bunch of stuff I don't feel compelled to purchase, I'm looking at that as a plus. So far the Disney+ wave doesn't interest me, but thats on paper since we don't know what the figures look like, but as it stands I'm totally only interested in Zemo. I obviously always worry that we get amazing BAF's in waves pushing me to buy all of the figures. but let's pray not.

so seeing this White Vision, oddly enough was a sigh of relief.. because I don't want it.

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah so far I'm actually okay with the idea we are getting a ton of MCU stuff, I usually don't heavily collect MCU figures, and that's fine for both my hunting woes and my pockets if we get a bunch of stuff I don't feel compelled to purchase, I'm looking at that as a plus. So far the Disney+ wave doesn't interest me, but thats on paper since we don't know what the figures look like, but as it stands I'm totally only interested in Zemo. I obviously always worry that we get amazing BAF's in waves pushing me to buy all of the figures. but let's pray not.

so seeing this White Vision, oddly enough was a sigh of relief.. because I don't want it.

Right.  I don't do MCU, so this gives me a little breathing room.  Maybe I can even grab one or two things from the backlog!

5 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Right.  I don't do MCU, so this gives me a little breathing room.  Maybe I can even grab one or two things from the backlog!

I am so with you guys! I really like the MCU Legends, but I made a decision a long time ago to only collect the comic figures, so this gives me a much needed break from hunting and purchasing. I say this as I purchase 6 Hand Ninjas! 🙂

9 hours ago, Reno said:

I really don't find that white Vision figure the slightest bit interesting. Actually I'm really hoping that the BAF from this wave isn't something that I want because I have zero interest in any of the figures from the wave. I'll be so mad if the BAF ends up being something cool and I end up paying ebay prices for just the BAF.

The BAF will be Classic Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man or Ursa Major just to annoy everyone 🤣

9 hours ago, tarot said:

I know we are all waiting for Friday, but do we assume that White Vision will be considered a new character or not?

It depends. He will technically be one as he probably won't have the Vision's memories or soul but it could be possible that they could have the two Visions merge so it will be the same character by the end.  Personally I'll be treating him as a new character

13 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I never found the white Vision the least bit interesting in the comics either. Ruined the character for a long time. Easily one of John Byrne's worst ideas. 

Thank you!! I hear that Byrne had a fundamental problem with the idea of an android having male reproductive organs, so he deconstructed the Vision, and the reconstructed, white version, showed the readers a full-on frontal nude shot, to emphasize that he's a Ken doll.

Problem is, whenever the Vision was shown "naked" in the decades before, his privates were always cast in shadow, as the comics weren't ready to show full naked characters (this is why the Hulk can lose every stitch of clothing when he transforms EXCEPT his pants). 

What Byrne, and a lot of the writers and artists got wrong (and continue to get wrong) about the Vision, is that he isn't a robot, he's a synthezoid. As Goliath (Hank Pym) stated in the Vision's very first appearance, "He's every inch a human being, except that all his bodily organs are constructed of synthetic materials.” 

Even so, I find it hard to believe that whatever synthetic fluids he has, those fluids and cells could impregnate a human woman. So the idea of Wanda and him having kids was a bridge too far for me, and of course other Marvel writers as well, so they brought in chaos magic and Mephisto and insanity and all of that mix. All that aside, I want to see how they address the issue of MCU Vision being "dead" in the first place. He's synthetic, so not alive, so how can something that doesn't live die??

Ok! Sorry about the rant, this is supposed to be about the figures. Well the first MCU full color Vision didnt thrill me and this thing is a lazy repaint. 

58 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Thank you!! I hear that Byrne had a fundamental problem with the idea of an android having male reproductive organs, so he deconstructed the Vision, and the reconstructed, white version, showed the readers a full-on frontal nude shot, to emphasize that he's a Ken doll.

Problem is, whenever the Vision was shown "naked" in the decades before, his privates were always cast in shadow, as the comics weren't ready to show full naked characters (this is why the Hulk can lose every stitch of clothing when he transforms EXCEPT his pants). 

What Byrne, and a lot of the writers and artists got wrong (and continue to get wrong) about the Vision, is that he isn't a robot, he's a synthezoid. As Goliath (Hank Pym) stated in the Vision's very first appearance, "He's every inch a human being, except that all his bodily organs are constructed of synthetic materials.” 

Even so, I find it hard to believe that whatever synthetic fluids he has, those fluids and cells could impregnate a human woman. So the idea of Wanda and him having kids was a bridge too far for me, and of course other Marvel writers as well, so they brought in chaos magic and Mephisto and insanity and all of that mix. All that aside, I want to see how they address the issue of MCU Vision being "dead" in the first place. He's synthetic, so not alive, so how can something that doesn't live die??

Ok! Sorry about the rant, this is supposed to be about the figures. Well the first MCU full color Vision didnt thrill me and this thing is a lazy repaint. 

Personally if Jim Hammond can give blood, technically it should have been possible for Wnada and Vision to have kids. I have my own theory but this is about the figures. and I like this white Vision, so this will be a must get for me.

4 hours ago, leokearon said:

Personally if Jim Hammond can give blood, technically it should have been possible for Wnada and Vision to have kids. I have my own theory but this is about the figures. and I like this white Vision, so this will be a must get for me.

I'm happy to see this figure, but since this will probably be Vision's new MCU look after the series, I was hoping for a figure more specific to the WandaVision series, like Halloween costume Vision, since Hasbro is less-likely to make figures like that the further away we get from the release of  WandaVision . Still, very happy about it, and will pre-order it, and whatever the Wanda figure ends up being, as soon as I can. Really hoping we get Agatha sooner than later.

1 hour ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

I'm happy to see this figure, but since this will probably be Vision's new MCU look after the series, I was hoping for a figure more specific to the WandaVision series, like Halloween costume Vision, since Hasbro is less-likely to make figures like that the further away we get from the release of  WandaVision . Still, very happy about it, and will pre-order it, and whatever the Wanda figure ends up being, as soon as I can. Really hoping we get Agatha sooner than later.

I see the Halloween costumes being done as a multi-pack.