Jump to content

Did This Week's Episode 8 Of WandaVision Just Reveal 2 New Marvel Legends Figures? - This Article Contains MAJOR WandaVision SPOILERS


Recommended Posts

On 2/27/2021 at 3:46 AM, JayC said:

WARNING - You will want to wait until you've watched episode 8 ("Previously On") of the Disney+ WandaVision series before reading this article, because it does contain MAJOR SPOILERS.
Agatha_Harkness__scaled_600.jpg

 



 

 

Oh! That shot of Agatha! Getting closer and closer to her comic look. Of course the real version is much more older than Kathryn Hahn and we have yet to see Ebony....but I would love to see them give her that white hair, even if only for a moment. 

So far the MCU version of Harkness is nothing like the real one we know from the Fantastic Four....but I do wonder? We've already seen the 20th Century Fox Quicksilver enter the MCU. Is there an opening for the Fantastic Four now? Hmmmm!

 

tumblr_mbjc2nMr2v1ruukiw.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This series has much, much more viewers than the comics have readers.  

Totally agree, it's more Red/Scarlet that Burgundy 

Watched the last episode Friday, when Wanda first got that costume my wife looked at me and said "babe, you're gonna need that figure..."

Posted Images

I've always liked the look of the white Vision. Not exactly sure why, but if this is gonna just be a straight repaint/recast of the same undersized MCU Vision that we've already gotten with no improvement on scale then I'm gonna have to give this a stiff pass. I'm almost certain it's gonna be exactly that, cuz y'know.....Hasbro. That is, of course, assuming the BAF is not something super awesome that I have to have, which is the case to me with all things MCU related.

Again, just more opportunity to save some funds this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Oh! That shot of Agatha! Getting closer and closer to her comic look. Of course the real version is much more older than Kathryn Hahn and we have yet to see Ebony....but I would love to see them give her that white hair, even if only for a moment. 

So far the MCU version of Harkness is nothing like the real one we know from the Fantastic Four....but I do wonder? We've already seen the 20th Century Fox Quicksilver enter the MCU. Is there an opening for the Fantastic Four now? Hmmmm!

 

tumblr_mbjc2nMr2v1ruukiw.jpg

Of course, she is a magic wielder. She could truly be an old haggard woman just disguising herslf as Edie from We're the Millers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Of course, she is a magic wielder. She could truly be an old haggard woman just disguising herslf as Edie from We're the Millers.

Yeah I think that she might actually be old, just using a spell to make her appear younger, because as we can see from the beginning of Ep.8 , the members of Salem witches (7?) or her mother to be exact was older, so we know that these witches do age, I also think that the Rabbit is really a cat, just in disguise as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JayC said:

One down. Officially revealed by Marvel.

Vision.jpg

I dont collect POP figurines and overall haven't been thrilled with any MCU version of the Vision...but that POP one looks better than the proposed Legends figure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I've always liked the look of the white Vision. Not exactly sure why, but if this is gonna just be a straight repaint/recast of the same undersized MCU Vision that we've already gotten with no improvement on scale then I'm gonna have to give this a stiff pass. I'm almost certain it's gonna be exactly that, cuz y'know.....Hasbro. That is, of course, assuming the BAF is not something super awesome that I have to have, which is the case to me with all things MCU related.

Again, just more opportunity to save some funds this year.

Yeah so far I'm actually okay with the idea we are getting a ton of MCU stuff, I usually don't heavily collect MCU figures, and that's fine for both my hunting woes and my pockets if we get a bunch of stuff I don't feel compelled to purchase, I'm looking at that as a plus. So far the Disney+ wave doesn't interest me, but thats on paper since we don't know what the figures look like, but as it stands I'm totally only interested in Zemo. I obviously always worry that we get amazing BAF's in waves pushing me to buy all of the figures. but let's pray not.

so seeing this White Vision, oddly enough was a sigh of relief.. because I don't want it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like I was right and it's a new cape with a repainted body. What's with the weird off-white on his shins and forearms? The colors on the POP honestly look way better. 

If next week follows suit, we may see the Scarlet Witch figure next Monday after the finale. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Reno said:

I really don't find that white Vision figure the slightest bit interesting.

I never found the white Vision the least bit interesting in the comics either. Ruined the character for a long time. Easily one of John Byrne's worst ideas. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah so far I'm actually okay with the idea we are getting a ton of MCU stuff, I usually don't heavily collect MCU figures, and that's fine for both my hunting woes and my pockets if we get a bunch of stuff I don't feel compelled to purchase, I'm looking at that as a plus. So far the Disney+ wave doesn't interest me, but thats on paper since we don't know what the figures look like, but as it stands I'm totally only interested in Zemo. I obviously always worry that we get amazing BAF's in waves pushing me to buy all of the figures. but let's pray not.

so seeing this White Vision, oddly enough was a sigh of relief.. because I don't want it.

Right.  I don't do MCU, so this gives me a little breathing room.  Maybe I can even grab one or two things from the backlog!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Right.  I don't do MCU, so this gives me a little breathing room.  Maybe I can even grab one or two things from the backlog!

I am so with you guys! I really like the MCU Legends, but I made a decision a long time ago to only collect the comic figures, so this gives me a much needed break from hunting and purchasing. I say this as I purchase 6 Hand Ninjas! 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JayC said:

Vision1.jpg

This figure will mostly depend what kind of plastic they will use. If it’s nice matte plastic it will look great, but it’s it’s uneven and shiny in too many places it can suck big time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't collect MCU figures but sounds cool. I have to cut certain stuff from my Budget so MCU is out since I am mainly into the comic figures.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Reno said:

I really don't find that white Vision figure the slightest bit interesting. Actually I'm really hoping that the BAF from this wave isn't something that I want because I have zero interest in any of the figures from the wave. I'll be so mad if the BAF ends up being something cool and I end up paying ebay prices for just the BAF.

The BAF will be Classic Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man or Ursa Major just to annoy everyone 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tarot said:

I know we are all waiting for Friday, but do we assume that White Vision will be considered a new character or not?

It depends. He will technically be one as he probably won't have the Vision's memories or soul but it could be possible that they could have the two Visions merge so it will be the same character by the end.  Personally I'll be treating him as a new character

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like the show is picking up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I never found the white Vision the least bit interesting in the comics either. Ruined the character for a long time. Easily one of John Byrne's worst ideas. 

Thank you!! I hear that Byrne had a fundamental problem with the idea of an android having male reproductive organs, so he deconstructed the Vision, and the reconstructed, white version, showed the readers a full-on frontal nude shot, to emphasize that he's a Ken doll.

Problem is, whenever the Vision was shown "naked" in the decades before, his privates were always cast in shadow, as the comics weren't ready to show full naked characters (this is why the Hulk can lose every stitch of clothing when he transforms EXCEPT his pants). 

What Byrne, and a lot of the writers and artists got wrong (and continue to get wrong) about the Vision, is that he isn't a robot, he's a synthezoid. As Goliath (Hank Pym) stated in the Vision's very first appearance, "He's every inch a human being, except that all his bodily organs are constructed of synthetic materials.” 

Even so, I find it hard to believe that whatever synthetic fluids he has, those fluids and cells could impregnate a human woman. So the idea of Wanda and him having kids was a bridge too far for me, and of course other Marvel writers as well, so they brought in chaos magic and Mephisto and insanity and all of that mix. All that aside, I want to see how they address the issue of MCU Vision being "dead" in the first place. He's synthetic, so not alive, so how can something that doesn't live die??

Ok! Sorry about the rant, this is supposed to be about the figures. Well the first MCU full color Vision didnt thrill me and this thing is a lazy repaint. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Thank you!! I hear that Byrne had a fundamental problem with the idea of an android having male reproductive organs, so he deconstructed the Vision, and the reconstructed, white version, showed the readers a full-on frontal nude shot, to emphasize that he's a Ken doll.

Problem is, whenever the Vision was shown "naked" in the decades before, his privates were always cast in shadow, as the comics weren't ready to show full naked characters (this is why the Hulk can lose every stitch of clothing when he transforms EXCEPT his pants). 

What Byrne, and a lot of the writers and artists got wrong (and continue to get wrong) about the Vision, is that he isn't a robot, he's a synthezoid. As Goliath (Hank Pym) stated in the Vision's very first appearance, "He's every inch a human being, except that all his bodily organs are constructed of synthetic materials.” 

Even so, I find it hard to believe that whatever synthetic fluids he has, those fluids and cells could impregnate a human woman. So the idea of Wanda and him having kids was a bridge too far for me, and of course other Marvel writers as well, so they brought in chaos magic and Mephisto and insanity and all of that mix. All that aside, I want to see how they address the issue of MCU Vision being "dead" in the first place. He's synthetic, so not alive, so how can something that doesn't live die??

Ok! Sorry about the rant, this is supposed to be about the figures. Well the first MCU full color Vision didnt thrill me and this thing is a lazy repaint. 

Personally if Jim Hammond can give blood, technically it should have been possible for Wnada and Vision to have kids. I have my own theory but this is about the figures. and I like this white Vision, so this will be a must get for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Symbiote_web said:

There are many figures been requested for a long time but they push these crap tv show versions. Money saved.

This series has much, much more viewers than the comics have readers.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, leokearon said:

Personally if Jim Hammond can give blood, technically it should have been possible for Wnada and Vision to have kids. I have my own theory but this is about the figures. and I like this white Vision, so this will be a must get for me.

I'm happy to see this figure, but since this will probably be Vision's new MCU look after the series, I was hoping for a figure more specific to the WandaVision series, like Halloween costume Vision, since Hasbro is less-likely to make figures like that the further away we get from the release of  WandaVision . Still, very happy about it, and will pre-order it, and whatever the Wanda figure ends up being, as soon as I can. Really hoping we get Agatha sooner than later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

I'm happy to see this figure, but since this will probably be Vision's new MCU look after the series, I was hoping for a figure more specific to the WandaVision series, like Halloween costume Vision, since Hasbro is less-likely to make figures like that the further away we get from the release of  WandaVision . Still, very happy about it, and will pre-order it, and whatever the Wanda figure ends up being, as soon as I can. Really hoping we get Agatha sooner than later.

I see the Halloween costumes being done as a multi-pack. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE