Rumor Report: New Marvel Legends Spider-Man Retro Carded FIgures?!?

JayC

JTPrime writes in to let us know about three new Marvel Legends 6' Spider-Man figure listings that he has found.

-SPD Vintage Retro Black costume Spiderman
Product Number: F0230

-SPD Legends Vintage Webman
Product Number: F1140

-SPD Legends Vintage Hobgoblin
Product Number: F1124

The images below are only for reference purposes and of course until Hasbro officially confirms these we will treat them as RUMOR.

Also don't forget tomorrow is Marvel Monday which means we will be getting a new official Marvel Legends reveal. I don't expect it to be any of these figures, but we will have coverage for whatever it is here tomorrow.

Retro-Spider-Man.jpg

This is amazing I can't wait to get them and add them to the set I have all the retro Spider-Man marvel legends that hasbro has released I'm a huge fan of these figures because I love Spider-Man the animated series I even revisted the show and binge watched earlier this year I'll definitely be on the look out for anything retro Spidey

52 minutes ago, Lordtom said:

Webman (if true) is a total waste and an insult quite frankly. They should focus on the animated series figures getting made instead of 50 spidermen

I sort of a agree here, Webman seems like a new low for Hasbro, a character who appeared in what 1 issue, like 30 or more years ago, just a simple re-paint, another cash grab, and even less important then Negative suit spidey. I bet it will just be on the pizza spidey mold, just more of the same ol, I don't say this often but...really a wasted slot, we could get a character we really want.

now for that Hobgoblin I really hope this is true, I really want a Hobgoblin!

1 hour ago, Lordtom said:

Webman (if true) is a total waste and an insult quite frankly. They should focus on the animated series figures getting made instead of 50 spidermen

I don't normally go along with "this figure is a total waste" type of comments but they really are pushing it now, arent they? 

It might not be so bad, that if for every bizarre choice they make like this, a fan-requested figure, especially ones we've never seen but ask for a lot, came out alongside it.

Give me Red Wolf. Give me Firelord. Give me Warriors Three, or Mantis, or the Watcher, or Moondragon, or Titanium Man or Crimson Dynamo or Blue Marvel....

For the lazy like me, what’s the deal with Webman? Still Peter Parker or some villain trying to run down Spideys name? Is it really just a pallet swap? 

I've sworn off Hasbro’s one offs of Spidey ever since that joker Negative suit. I’ll likely pass on WebMan as well. Wasn’t there a Spidey with his color swapped in the old Arcade game ( that also featured Hawkeye and Namor?) 

i May be in the minority but the Spideys  body we’ve gotten that the Black Suit Spidey is on seems good to me. I have the retro red and blue but not sure the extra articulation was that impressive.. my plan is to stick with the old but in Hand I may change my mind..I’m a sucker for that Symbiote suit

Web-Man is just an easy repaint for Hasbro to do. I'm all for it and will likely buy it. They could probably do something similar with the Purple Man figure to make Mister Negative and I'd gladly buy that too!

I'd probably also buy a classic Hobgoblin as long as it's not a straight re-issue. I have no interest in the black suit Spidey, though.

This is the type of wave that I'd expect to see a comic version of Aunt May if they're ever going to do it... on a personal note I'd happily buy Robbie Robertson, Betty Brant, Liz Allan and Ben Urich too!

I'm with everyone else in basically scratching my head going WTF?! I get Hobgoblin, as a lot of people missed out on him like Mysterio, but who needs another black Spidey? And Web-Man is getting really deep in the ridiculousness. And I thought Nega-Spidey was a reach.

I hope if it's a full wave they try to put at least a few new unproduced characters. I thought, for sure, the next retro wave would include either Armored Spidey or Iron Spider. I can't imagine that an updated Tarantula would be that hard to do. Especially seeing how much Hasbro loves to use and re-use the Sunfire buck. For once, this would actually be the correct body mold to use. With the way things fall out, when they do get around to doing Tarantula they'll probably use the Bucky Cap mold.