Rumor Report: New Marvel Legends Spider-Man Retro Carded FIgures?!?

JayC

16 minutes ago, Psychosomatic said:

The Mysterio retro release was a great improvement over the previous release, so any of these retro figures should be at that level of improvement. Lizard, and Sandman are in great need of a retro release (The BAF versions were WAY too big). 

I would love a new Sandman on the Hydro-Man buck. I doubt they'd do a brand new mold for Lizard but I would definitely buy a retro BAF Lizard with a more classic or Mcfarlane style head.

19 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

I would love a new Sandman on the Hydro-Man buck. I doubt they'd do a brand new mold for Lizard but I would definitely buy a retro BAF Lizard with a more classic or Mcfarlane style head.

YES! The Hydro-Man buck would work perfectly for Sandman! I still love the BAF Lizard, but I just want one closer on scale to the other characters... but yeah, you are probably right about them not being likely to make a new mold.

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I loved Romita's (senior, NOT junior) art for the Rhino...those puffy, squinty eyes and the sneer....he looked like the worse kind of dimwit- stupid, but with a vile temper and nasty streak. The head sculpt they used on that BAF was ridiculous.

I've been holding off on assembling the outrageously expensive Rhino BAF hoping he would get a retro card release.  I don't know if they would do that in a wave; I'm guessing probably not.  Maybe he could get a standalone fan-channel exclusive release like The Kingpin from last year.

1 hour ago, MonsterChris said:

I've been holding off on assembling the outrageously expensive Rhino BAF hoping he would get a retro card release.  I don't know if they would do that in a wave; I'm guessing probably not.  Maybe he could get a standalone fan-channel exclusive release like The Kingpin from last year.

My preference would be a brand new Rhino on a smaller body, closer to The Thing than the Hulk. However, if they just re-release the BAF version (with a new head, hopefully), I would be good with that too. 

I also would not be opposed to a retro carded Sandman in this group, as I never completed that BAF either. 

11 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

My preference would be a brand new Rhino on a smaller body, closer to The Thing than the Hulk. However, if they just re-release the BAF version (with a new head, hopefully), I would be good with that too. 

I also would not be opposed to a retro carded Sandman in this group, as I never completed that BAF either. 

I would take a new, smaller Rhino just as happily.

A Sandman reissue would be a good choice and please a lot of people.  I thought it slightly less likely since the BAF was already the second release of that sculpt.

On 2/28/2021 at 4:06 PM, RyanDaly said:

I think I'm fine with the black costume Spider-Man that came in the 2-pack with Kraven. Unless the new version on the brand new buck is truly spectacular, I'll likely pass on that one. But a new classic Hobgoblin sounds great. Can't wait to see him.

Completely agree about black suit Spiderman. Better be on the new buck.

On 2/28/2021 at 10:53 AM, Ironspider428 said:

"... I assume Hobgoblin will be mostly the same, probably just with a new head and cape, maybe also GG's glider. Can't wait to see what other retro figures we get...."

I hope they give these Goblins some larger batgliders. The Toybiz version got it right, but the latest models have really been too small. What I really hope we'll see is the Spider-Man Iron Spider suit. Technically I dont think this was ever on the retro card but hey, if they're gonna go to the Electric Company then surely there's a place for that red & gold suit!

42 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I hope they give these Goblins some larger batgliders. The Toybiz version got it right, but the latest models have really been too small. What I really hope we'll see is the Spider-Man Iron Spider suit. Technically I dont think this was ever on the retro card but hey, if they're gonna go to the Electric Company then surely there's a place for that red & gold suit!

If it is a Spider-man character it is fair game in a Spider-man Retro wave, I just hope we get the opinion to make it either better or the Scarlet Spiders version

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I really want comic Iron Spider as well. Especially if we can get that metallic red from Retro Daredevil. They haven't strictly stuck to official 90s figure releases for this line so I think really anything is fair game.

On 3/1/2021 at 4:56 AM, MonsterChris said:

I think most here would agree- they're GONNA re do Rhino soon. Maybe as another BAF, maybe stand alone ala Kingpin, but either way, I'd hold off spending any $ right now. In fact I'm pretty sure the Hasbro team has as much as said they plan to re-do him. Anyone else heard that too?

On 3/1/2021 at 8:41 PM, SUPREME007 said:

A Rerelease rhino or lizard or sandman would be pretty dope for this maybe with some classic flair or not either way need em cuz missed em all. And a morlun, black tarantula, and shocker but not the bucky cap body.

And ROM space knight in a spiderman wave or an awesome andriod "Andy" would be so surprising yet amazing if they were to be made.

2 hours ago, SUPREME007 said:

And ROM space knight in a spiderman wave or an awesome andriod "Andy" would be so surprising yet amazing if they were to be made.

Well ROM wouldn't happen in Marvel Legends since Marvel no longer have the rights to him. Of course there would be nothing to stop Hasbro from making a 6 inch scale ROM figure

On 2/28/2021 at 11:08 PM, Atlantis said:

I don't normally go along with "this figure is a total waste" type of comments but they really are pushing it now, arent they? 

It might not be so bad, that if for every bizarre choice they make like this, a fan-requested figure, especially ones we've never seen but ask for a lot, came out alongside it.

Give me Red Wolf. Give me Firelord. Give me Warriors Three, or Mantis, or the Watcher, or Moondragon, or Titanium Man or Crimson Dynamo or Blue Marvel....

WARRIORS THREE!!!!!! How have they not made a 3-pack of them yet? Thor and X-men have a rich roster that's barely been touched.