Black Widow Marvel Legends 2-Pack Official Images And Info

JayC

Another rumor has now been officially confirmed with today's Marvel Monday March reveal. It's a new Black Widow movie 2-pack featuring figures of Red Guardian and Melina Vostkoff from Hasbro. You can pre-order this set from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

After decades of service, Melina Vostokoff distanced herself from the Red Room. But when Natasha Romanoff returns, Melina and Red Guardian must decide where their allegiance lies.

Fans, collectors, and kids alike can enjoy these 6-inch-scale Red Guardian & Melina Vostokoff figures, inspired by the character from Marvel entertainment. Each figure features premium design, detail, and articulation for posing and display in a Marvel collection.

With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world.

With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections. From figures to vehicles to premium roleplay items, the Marvel Legends Series offers elite character-inspired products for Marvel fans and collectors. Additional figures each sold separately. Subject to availability.

Black-Widow-2-Pack-01.jpg

Black-Widow-2-Pack-02.jpg

Black-Widow-2-Pack-03.jpg

Black-Widow-2-Pack-04.jpg

Black-Widow-2-Pack-05.jpg

Black-Widow-2-Pack-06.jpg

Black-Widow-2-Pack-07.jpg

Black-Widow-2-Pack-08.jpg

Black-Widow-2-Pack-09.jpg

Black-Widow-2-Pack-10.jpg

Black-Widow-2-Pack-11.jpg

Black-Widow-2-Pack-12.jpg

Black-Widow-2-Pack-13.jpg

So, I personally believe Rachel Weisz is one of the most stunning creatures on the face of this Earth so I'm all about this Melina figure (it's an OK likeness, I guess), but it is little more than a repaint (re-cast) of the BW figure from the Crimson Dynamo wave. I wonder how good the Yelena head sculpt looks on this mold, because I never really liked the mold they used for her.

The worst thing about this is I know not everyone is gonna be as excited for the Melina figure as I am and there are gonna be so many fans that end up paying $40 plus to get a masked Red Guardian head sculpt, which shoulda come with the original figure in the first place. Hasbro saw us suckers coming a mile away and it's really exhausting to see how often they get over on us with crap like this. I know, I know, we don't have to buy, but TBH, how many of us are? It's disrespectful to the fans and it's just shady practice. Makes me wonder what the price tag is gonna be for the legs for Cannonball coming later this year.

So of course Hasbro finally shows us what we should have gotten initially! we all knew it was coming, the "Good" Red Guardian, ah this is such an improvement, it pains me. I however won't be suckered into this boring ass set, Melina...sure it's okay, but it's really nothing to even tell a friend about, just more of the same thing we saw earlier last year, Black Widow bodies with different heads...pretty tired now, I have no problem passing on this set easy breezy, now if which I think it might, go on sale eventually, I'll buy it for half off, just so I can throw the Red guardian I currently have in the garbage, But you k now what I would have liked to see much more then this 2 pack, the actual black widow movie already.

I'll absolutely be picking this up, but I honestly don't feel like that's a very good likeness of Rachel Weisz. It's probably not as bad as my first impression looking at it thought it was, but it's not great either. The miniature little Red Guardian action figure included is a nice touch! I'll definitely be expecting to see that during a scene in the movie!

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

So of course Hasbro finally shows us what we should have gotten initially! we all knew it was coming, the "Good" Red Guardian, ah this is such an improvement, it pains me. I however won't be suckered into this boring ass set, Melina...sure it's okay, but it's really nothing to even tell a friend about, just more of the same thing we saw earlier last year, Black Widow bodies with different heads...pretty tired now, I have no problem passing on this set easy breezy, now if which I think it might, go on sale eventually, I'll buy it for half off, just so I can throw the Red guardian I currently have in the garbage, But you k now what I would have liked to see much more then this 2 pack, the actual black widow movie already.

The grappling hook is cool, the helmeted Red Guardian head that they should have done the first go 'round is cool, the Melina head is cool...but when you come down to it, a couple of heads and an accessory that will likely be showing up again, somewhere, sometime, isn't worth$40.00. If they had thrown in a comic-accurate classic Crimson Dynamo figure, I might've been sucked in. 

17 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

The grappling hook is cool, the helmeted Red Guardian head that they should have done the first go 'round is cool, the Melina head is cool...but when you come down to it, a couple of heads and an accessory that will likely be showing up again, somewhere, sometime, isn't worth$40.00. If they had thrown in a comic-accurate classic Crimson Dynamo figure, I might've been sucked in. 

Well then, you're in luck, because it's not just two heads and a grappling hook:  It's two whole figures, with those accessories.

I don’t want to think that Hasbro cheapened out on the first Red Guardian figure we got and take them at their word that it was time constraints that forced them to give us the unmasked head and the kinda sorta Harbour likeness. But... the box art and the fact that Harbour looked the same then when they gave us the half a$$ed version of his face as he does when this new highly detailed version will come out points to them knowing what they were doing.

fortunately I got my first RG in a buy one get one sale so I can happily pick up this superior version when the 2 pack drops.. 

Melina.. one more character that gets a figure before MCU Quicksilver... yes I know he ( or some version ) is coming but....Cooooooome on...... 

14 minutes ago, McHogan said:

the box art and the fact that Harbour looked the same then when they gave us the half a$$ed version of his face as he does when this new highly detailed version will come out points to them knowing what they were doing.

Box art is alot easier and faster to make then a figure. While a box art may take a month or 2 a figure could take up to a year to design. They probably got the art for Red Guardian much closer to the release then they liked. 

The Legends team has already said in the past that they begin working when all they have is concept art to go off, rather than actual photos or footage of the actors in costume. which is why you often get inaccuracies in the first wave of movie figures.. Dwight mentioned last year that in a weird way, the pandemic had actually wound up helping them since it gave them an opportunity to go back and retool some of the Shang-Chi figures to make them more accurate to the actual actors and costumes used in the film instead of the concept art (which had become outdated).

48 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Yeah I mean I honestly might have been more suckered in myself if the Melina was actually the black suit Yelena, with a Melina head. I honestly though have realized as of the past few years though, we see these movie multipacks greatly decrease in price within a year or so of release, so never again will I buy a pack like this at full price, I already want to punch a wall because I bought Luis and Ghost at full price and I didn't even want Luis, and now those 2 packs stores can't even get rid of for 10 bucks.

11 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

The Legends team has already said in the past that they begin working when all they have is concept art to go off, rather than actual photos or footage of the actors in costume. which is why you often get inaccuracies in the first wave of movie figures.. Dwight mentioned last year that in a weird way, the pandemic had actually wound up helping them since it gave them an opportunity to go back and retool some of the Shang-Chi figures to make them more accurate to the actual actors and costumes used in the film instead of the concept art (which had become outdated).

In the case of The Eternals and Shang Chi films once is all I care to buy those figures. If they had time to get them right the first time that is a blessing for sure.

So there you go.. something good came out of the pandemic 😁

15 minutes ago, McHogan said:

In the case of The Eternals and Shang Chi films once is all I care to buy those figures. If they had time to get them right the first time that is a blessing for sure.

So there you go.. something good came out of the pandemic 😁

I was hoping with all of the "time" they had to correct things because of the pandemic, they would have gone back and made the Eternals costumes more comic accurate. Thanks Marvel/Hasbro, should have just CGI'd on new costumes that had some semblance of Comic accuracy LOL. , guess you can't fix em all.... just not the things everybody wants fixed.

and maybe all of the fans wouldn't be such skeptics about the movie.

36 minutes ago, tarot said:

Box art is alot easier and faster to make then a figure. While a box art may take a month or 2 a figure could take up to a year to design. They probably got the art for Red Guardian much closer to the release then they liked. 

There is that old “argument” about whether Hasbro should release at time of film premiere or wait until they get movie accurate designs to make their movie Legends... I’d say the recent Children of Thanos pack as well as this new version of Red Guardian could sway me towards the latter..

Ant-Man 1, Civil War Giant Man, Children of Thanos box set, Thor  suit from Dark World, Ultron, Infinity War Iron Man, Iron Spider-Man, any version of Warmachine, Red Guardian, and a few more were released before ultimately getting  superior movie accurate re-released later. So far I’ve been able to keep up but it has truly become a strain on the finances.. 

i know there is no way once things return to normal that movies get released without a supporting line, just to bad things like the first Red Guardian happen knowing full well a better version is on the way