Black Widow Marvel Legends 2-Pack Official Images And Info

JayC

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

There is that old “argument” about whether Hasbro should release at time of film premiere or wait until they get movie accurate designs to make their movie Legends... I’d say the recent Children of Thanos pack as well as this new version of Red Guardian could sway me towards the latter..

Ant-Man 1, Civil War Giant Man, Children of Thanos box set, Thor  suit from Dark World, Ultron, Infinity War Iron Man, Iron Spider-Man, any version of Warmachine, Red Guardian, and a few more were released before ultimately getting  superior movie accurate re-released later. So far I’ve been able to keep up but it has truly become a strain on the finances.. 

i know there is no way once things return to normal that movies get released without a supporting line, just to bad things like the first Red Guardian happen knowing full well a better version is on the way

I don’t mind Hasbro updating MCU stuff as long as they include 2 new head sculpts so you can make the old one look good too. Perfect example is Red Guardian here. I also hope they do the same when they rerelease Infinity War Cap. But I do see where you’re coming from. I will say that Hasbro’s main concern will always be selling to kids, and with the release of a movie, they need to have product on the shelves, so they’ll probably never transition to waiting to release figures until after the release of the movie. I usually find ways to justify having 2 of the same figure in the display. This new RG will be standing with his family and the old one will be fighting Taskmaster or something. In a way it sort of encourages creative diorama displays lol.

5 hours ago, Jeddostotle7 said:

Well then, you're in luck, because it's not just two heads and a grappling hook:  It's two whole figures, with those accessories.

Not for me. Those two figures have been done already -RG is a slight repaint, Melina is on that Widow buck that is blah and flat; nowhere near the reflection of the superspy bad ass assassin she's supposed to be. There's nowhere near enough difference in these to justify laying out cash for the same thing. At that price point, its basically going on eBay or to a scalper to pay $40.00 for 2 heads....just not worth it. As I said, they could've got me, if they had an all-new figure in there, and had that been a comic-accurate classic Crimson Dynamo, they would've gotten a lot of people. 

Those fans who are digging these- GO FOR IT. I salute you. Its your money and you spend as YOU see fit. I'm just saying, I'm holding my rubles for something better, comrade.

Ok now this Red Guardian looks awesome. And I think comic book version will look similar to this sooner or later due to rule of synergy, and if it ends up being so I think this is pretty good stand in for comics version. I’m still on the fences but it’s good figure and very unique looking one at that.  Coolest part is for sure action figure accessory, which I think kinda spoils scene. And also I’m  glad that it’s Melina and not another Elena or ‘Tasha, generally both figures  have pretty close likeness to their movie characters. 

18 hours ago, monron999 said:

So, I personally believe Rachel Weisz is one of the most stunning creatures on the face of this Earth so I'm all about this Melina figure (it's an OK likeness, I guess), but it is little more than a repaint (re-cast) of the BW figure from the Crimson Dynamo wave. I wonder how good the Yelena head sculpt looks on this mold, because I never really liked the mold they used for her.

Agreed. She's a heck of an actress, too. This seems, based on the photos, to be a likeness that looks great from some angles, but less-great from others. In the straight-on photo of both figures, the likeness looks excellent, but from the slightly overhead angle, less-so. I think the photoreal facial features are definitely there, so maybe the shape of the head is slightly off? I think this set is, overall, pretty good, but I think it's popularity will be greatly impacted by the movie. It will definitely benefit from the fact that the regular Legends wave from Black Widow will already be long-gone from stores by the point it is releases. 

55 minutes ago, tarot said:

maybe this is just me but are they suggesting that Melina was the previous Black Widow? Maybe the WWII version? and Natasha is her successor.

I won't go as far as WWII but I wouldn't be surprised if she was Natasha's predecessor and mentor

Oh man... THAT is a beautiful looking Red Guardian. I wasn't sure which 2 figures would come with the "rumored 2-pack" back when. Knowing Hasbro, i figured they'd sell us Natasha and Yelena AGAIN. So I passed on the Yelena (not that it pains me, I mean, that figure looks weak), and got the RG in case we never got another one. 

I chose poorly and now have to upgrade and get an awesome looking Rachel Weisz  ❤️

9 hours ago, tarot said:

well considering that RG is from the WWII as indicated by the fact that he knew Cap, one would assume she is the same.

If only Legends would see this as a way to slide into releasing WWII/Golden Age hero figures...Original Human Torch, Sub-Mariner, etc. Hey, I can dream.....

14 hours ago, Atlantis said:

If only Legends would see this as a way to slide into releasing WWII/Golden Age hero figures...Original Human Torch, Sub-Mariner, etc. Hey, I can dream.....

Oh, I can almost guarantee there are at least a few individuals on the ML team that have been floating the Golden Age for years, I just think there are a few more plans that Marvel Studios and Daddy Disney have on deck before that ever becomes a consideration.

MCU continues to weave new stories into established ones seamlessly as those of us who are watching WandaVision can arrest. I could see Hasbro finding a way to retcon heroes like Namor or the Human Torch into their version of WWII and finding a way to make them fit