April Showers Bring....MARVEL LEGENDS

JayC

1 hour ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

I'm a big MCU fan, but I agree strongly with some of those absences- especially the Starjammers and Inhumans. It's annoying that they keep doing X-Men waves themed to alternate universe stories (especially witht he strongly-rumored second wave of Age of Apocalypse figures) when there are still so many X-Men characters from the main universe that are yet to be done. The fact that we haven't even gotten Corsair is pretty baffling. I don't know if Hasbro is holding back on Inhumans until they are actually well-done in The MCU, but it would be nice if we got a new-to-ML Inhuman in the F4 retro wave.

I would love to see Corsair and Hepzibah in particular, but I can't say I'm "baffled" by Hasbro's decision to release more Wolverine, Cyclops, and Magneto figures instead.

Starjammers seems like it could get a box set like Alpha Flight, since i don't think it would require tons of new parts (aside from heads, of course).  But otoh that alpha flight set is still readily available on amazon so i'm not sure how well it sold.  

Frankencastle seems like it would make for a fun BAF and also seems like the kind of thing Hasbro would go for, especially if they did some sort of monster-themed wave.  Although that storyline was over 10 years ago, so maybe too far back and too fleeting for hasbro to consider it, i dunno

Not hasbro's fault that the mcu stuff from last year got backed up into this year, so i'm not going to be upset about a lot of mcu reveals in april as long as they sprinkle in a few comic reveals too.  While i would certainly love more classic characters, feels like if i wrote down a list from scratch of all the marvel heroes i wanted figures for, hasbro has made most of my top priority characters over the past 5 years or so,  so i can't really complain. 

41 minutes ago, leokearon said:

They could do a cosmic wave to tie in with the Walgreens figures

Since there are way more Cosmic characters I would like than the usual 4-5 Walgreens exclusives they make per year, I would be all for this. I just wonder about how much space they'll have in the release schedule. We're approaching a time when every year will have 3-4 MCU movies, plus that many Disney+. It seems like there will always be two Spider-Man waves, two X-Men waves, a Deadpool and/or Venom wave. Plus we seem to be getting retro waves for Iron Man and Fantastic Four, and who knows what else. Again, I would love a cosmic themed wave, but are there enough months in the year? 😉

46 minutes ago, tarot said:

We only really have one Cosmic figure left for Walgreens since they only do 4 a year, so here is hoping that at least the last one is a new character.

I have a feeling it might be the Herald version of Thor from the Donny Cates run to pair with the Fallen Surfer, but that's just a gut feeling not based on anything. 

1 hour ago, SpiderS said:

I wonder if they also mean Hellfire set finally being charged and shipped along with all new figures.

Ha yeah I have been wondering when we all will be getting that Hellfire set, apparently end of this month.

I still can't believe how long it's been, what over 6 months hahaha. I almost forgot about the set like numerous times.

2 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Since there are way more Cosmic characters I would like than the usual 4-5 Walgreens exclusives they make per year, I would be all for this. I just wonder about how much space they'll have in the release schedule. We're approaching a time when every year will have 3-4 MCU movies, plus that many Disney+. It seems like there will always be two Spider-Man waves, two X-Men waves, a Deadpool and/or Venom wave. Plus we seem to be getting retro waves for Iron Man and Fantastic Four, and who knows what else. Again, I would love a cosmic themed wave, but are there enough months in the year? 😉

I doubt we'd get a full Cosmic wave, but they have started to do non X-Men or Spider-Man related comic waves recently, so anything's possible. At the very least we'll undoubtedly see some appearing in the GOTG Vol. 3 and Captain Marvel 2 waves in the next couple years, along with several exclusives. We may even see a retro GOTG wave in 2023 to coincide with the movie. 

15 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Ha yeah I have been wondering when we all will be getting that Hellfire set, apparently end of this month.

I still can't believe how long it's been, what over 6 months hahaha. I almost forgot about the set like numerous times.

That's really odd. Why did I get mine months ago and others haven't?? This is why I wondered if maybe Hasbro was gonna make the set available one more time. 

14 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

I doubt we'd get a full Cosmic wave, but they have started to do non X-Men or Spider-Man related comic waves recently, so anything's possible. At the very least we'll undoubtedly see some appearing in the GOTG Vol. 3 and Captain Marvel 2 waves in the next couple years, along with several exclusives. We may even see a retro GOTG wave in 2023 to coincide with the movie. 

we had 3 cosmic waves so far. Granted all were to promote the GOTG movies but that was 3 cosmic waves.

13 hours ago, superiorspidermanfan said:

My dream figs for spring which would knock it out of the park !!!!! 

Mephisto 

Mr. Hyde

Bi Beast 

Odin  

ROM Spaceknight 

Dracula Lord of the Vampires (Red Armored/White haired version) 

Terrax The Tamer 

Sentry (new improved body mold & more detail on cape)

The Black Order (comic version!!!)

Hammerhead (new and improved more bulky body mold)

The Molecule Man (never done before)

Knull 

Nightmare 

Blackout (Lilin)

FrankenCastle ( possible two pack with Daken or sliced up punisher 3 pack) !!!!!!

These are awesome man, I have been asking for a new and improved sentry for so long.

What's funny about complaining about MCU figures (and I like both, so more they better IMO) is based on stats whether its here on the sites or YT or what have you, MCU related stuff almost always gets more interest than comic book stuff.

I get if you dont like MCU stuff, thats totally cool, but maybe understand not everyone feels that way and in fact many people these days are introduced to Marvel through the movies and not the comics anymore.

That all being said, I feel there is probably a good chance some of the MCU stuff that eventually gets revealed is going to have cross appeal for both comic and movie fans.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

That's really odd. Why did I get mine months ago and others haven't?? This is why I wondered if maybe Hasbro was gonna make the set available one more time. 

My Pulse account says my Hellfire Club set, ordered on September 24, 2020, will be available to ship on approximately March 29, 2021, more than six months after the order and after some got them in hand. It's really demoralizing that it's taking so long. I don't even really want the set that bad, I only care about White Queen! Oh well. 

A cosmic wave would be cool. Though I think it's unfortunately kind of unlikely if it's not tied to a movie. The cosmic side of Marvel aren't as marquee as something like Spider-Man, the X-Men or the Avengers, where there might be serious retailer interest even without a movie. 

I do think it'd be awesome if they kept up the Fantastic Four waves and used that to get us some new characters like Firelord or Franke Raye. 

53 minutes ago, JayC said:

What's funny about complaining about MCU figures (and I like both, so more they better IMO) is based on stats whether its here on the sites or YT or what have you, MCU related stuff almost always gets more interest than comic book stuff.

I get if you dont like MCU stuff, thats totally cool, but maybe understand not everyone feels that way and in fact many people these days are introduced to Marvel through the movies and not the comics anymore.

That all being said, I feel there is probably a good chance some of the MCU stuff that eventually gets revealed is going to have cross appeal for both comic and movie fans.

?? Is this a typo? Seems to me its the other way around, people are way more into the comic based items. However I'd say most fans enjoy both.

43 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

?? Is this a typo? Seems to me its the other way around, people are way more into the comic based items. However I'd say most fans enjoy both.

The amount of people who post on a message board will always be a small minority of the actual customer base, however. It's worth bearing that in mind. I have no idea which sells better than the others but the simple dollars and cents of it tells me Hasbro wouldn't keep making MCU stuff unless someone out there was buying it. 

1 hour ago, watanabefan said:

The amount of people who post on a message board will always be a small minority of the actual customer base, however. It's worth bearing that in mind. I have no idea which sells better than the others but the simple dollars and cents of it tells me Hasbro wouldn't keep making MCU stuff unless someone out there was buying it. 

I'd love it if all the MCU figures would be exclusives to Target, WL, etc. Let those be the exclusives and let us keep the comics  LOL

2 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

My Pulse account says my Hellfire Club set, ordered on September 24, 2020, will be available to ship on approximately March 29, 2021, more than six months after the order and after some got them in hand. It's really demoralizing that it's taking so long. I don't even really want the set that bad, I only care about White Queen! Oh well. 

For the most popular of those would-have-been-SDCC-exclusives, there were/are 2 production runs. When the initial production run sold through, the offered pre-orders for a second production run, to be shipped in March of 2021. So, your pre-ordered item is apparently still on-track to be delivered in March, as is my Star Wars Black Series figure set. You just must not have realized that you were-pre-ordering from that second run. I think that, since there wasn't the whole "limited" aspect, tied to an event, they could go back and make a second run.

50 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

For the most popular of those would-have-been-SDCC-exclusives, there were/are 2 production runs. When the initial production run sold through, the offered pre-orders for a second production run, to be shipped in March of 2021. So, your pre-ordered item is apparently still on-track to be delivered in March, as is my Star Wars Black Series figure set. You just must not have realized that you were-pre-ordering from that second run. I think that, since there wasn't the whole "limited" aspect, tied to an event, they could go back and make a second run.

Yeah if anything this was better than the usual SDCC deal where if you weren't at sdcc you had a short window about a month later to order on hasbro pulse, then maybe a  few more might be available to order for brief intervals if hasbro didn't sell whatever stock they had reserved for post-sdcc conventions.  At least everyone who wanted one was able to preorder a set.  It does feel like its been awhile.  OTOH there aren't really a ton of ML figures i'm planning on getting in march so it'll be nice to have this set coming. 

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I'd love it if all the MCU figures would be exclusives to Target, WL, etc. Let those be the exclusives and let us keep the comics  LOL

Never gonna happen; Hasbro clearly enjoys the Trojan Horse approach they've been doing with the line since 2013. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean there aren't others who do. 

4 hours ago, watanabefan said:

Never gonna happen; Hasbro clearly enjoys the Trojan Horse approach they've been doing with the line since 2013. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean there aren't others who do. 

To be clear I didnt say I didnt like MCU figures, I prefer the comic line over them, but I've bought my share of MCU figures. As I pointed out from the beginning reply to this subject, if a buyer doesnt care for a certain part of the Hasbro Legends line,  then consider it money saved for the ones you Do want. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

One of the Infinity Saga sets popped up on Amazon. An Endgame set, it looks like, $60. I assume it’ll be Thor and Thanos, $60 is the price of a regular fig and BAF in the anniversary line, while $70 is a set of 3 regular figs.

9E884586-23B5-450D-AEA9-3A407F6B7738.png

I want the endgame thor but damn I don't want to pay 60 and get a Rerelease of Thanos. Unless, it would be nice if hasbro cough cough retooled the baf of endgame thanos to where the articulation is not trash. And then if that happened it would be worth the buy.

33 minutes ago, SUPREME007 said:

I want the endgame thor but damn I don't want to pay 60 and get a Rerelease of Thanos. Unless, it would be nice if hasbro cough cough retooled the baf of endgame thanos to where the articulation is not trash. And then if that happened it would be worth the buy.

Oh I would kill for a retooled BAF. At least give us ankle pivot and a waist swivel. Unfortunately they’ll probably just do a new left arm and paint job, maybe head. I’ll still get it anyway because I need an Endgame accurate Thanos, but hopefully they throw in some new articulation. It’s not entirely out of the question, they did it with Aries.