Marvel Legends Kenner Retro 3.75" Magneto And Iceman Figures Video Review And Images

JayC

Tr4k_Alliance takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Kenner Retro 3.75" Magneto And Iceman figures from Hasbro. These figures are currently only available at Target stores but should soon see release everywhere.

Check out images for these figures below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about them in the

COMMENTS SECTION.

Retro-wave-2-01.JPG

Retro-wave-2-02.JPG

Retro-wave-2-03.JPG

Retro-wave-2-04.JPG

Retro-wave-2-05.JPG

Retro-wave-2-06.JPG

Retro-wave-2-07.JPG

Retro-wave-2-08.JPG

Retro-wave-2-09.JPG

Retro-wave-2-10.JPG

8 hours ago, McHogan said:

These are garbage

Well that review certainly was...

I think these figures look really cool for what they are.  They're also not for me, but I can see there's a lot of love in them.  My only critique is that I dislike when an action figure doesn't come with anything.  Everybody should get an accessory of some kind.

1 hour ago, MonsterChris said:

I think these figures look really cool for what they are.  They're also not for me, but I can see there's a lot of love in them.  My only critique is that I dislike when an action figure doesn't come with anything.  Everybody should get an accessory of some kind.

Really more of a unboxing than a full on review, but it still gives you a decent look at the figures.

9 hours ago, McHogan said:

Ok that was a little harsh. 

These are not for me

If I see the Captain America, i'd probably pick that one up and leave it on the cardback for my Cap wall since they are only $10. But yeah as a whole this line does very little for me.

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Really more of a unboxing than a full on review, but it still gives you a decent look at the figures.

Lol, yeah, I think I'm just too grouchy for the internet.  Concepts like "unboxings" and "reaction videos" ("influencers" in general really) make me roll my eyes.  Maybe I'm missing the point of the video, but like @RoddyDrama, I came away from it wondering if there was leg articulation.  We covered her t-shirt but couldn't cover that?

Anyway, I can see the peg through Iceman's leg, so I'm guessing calf rotation on both?  I can absolutely see these guys making my Christmas morning ca. 1986, which seems to be what they're going for.  I'm talking a big abstinence game, but if I see one walking through Target, I know I'm going to be sorely tempted.

These are garbage? These are worse than Happy Meal toys?

What's wrong with you guys?

If people are going to bring that degree of irrational negativity to a line which is obviously not meant to compare to larger, more detailed, more expensive  figures with 20+ points of articulation, then I'll be the lone contrarian holdout who says, "Dear Hasbro, please cancel your six-inch Marvel Legends line and devote all your resources to the 3 3/4 inch Retro line instead!"

20 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

It's a pretty new channel, by a clearly inexperienced crew, covering a couple figures that I don't think anybody else is. Don't be too harsh on aspiring talents, man, instead try pointing what they could do better. These are just people that are sharing what they like on the internet, if you don't enjoy their content no one forces you to watch it.

Im not gonna call them garbage, but this is certainly a step backwards as far as evolution of action figures. Not my cup of tea, but I can see the market they are trying to key into. There's two groups these are gonna appeal to. One is the aging nostalgia crew who are being reminded of Secret Wars toys. The second is the parents who wanna buy their kids that superhero figure but don't want to pay the $20+ price tag knowing that toy will be destroyed or lost. Just cuz I don't like 'em doesn't mean it's a fail. These are intentionally "bad". This is a true retro wave that not only looks the part, but plays the part.

On 3/5/2021 at 8:41 PM, RyanDaly said:

These are garbage? These are worse than Happy Meal toys?

What's wrong with you guys?

If people are going to bring that degree of irrational negativity to a line which is obviously not meant to compare to larger, more detailed, more expensive  figures with 20+ points of articulation, then I'll be the lone contrarian holdout who says, "Dear Hasbro, please cancel your six-inch Marvel Legends line and devote all your resources to the 3 3/4 inch Retro line instead!"

Irrational negativity is a little strong as a counter point. I’ll give you the “negativity” but what exactly makes not liking the line irrational? 

In this day and age with so many options to spend hard earned money on, not every line will be everyone’s cup of tea. And tiny inarticulate figures with no accessories at $10+ a pop aren’t for me.

I’ve  seen the publicity pics. I’ve seen the reviews. For the amount of money ( any amount really) I do not like these enough to spend my cash on them. Don’t like the 12” figures with the same limited articulation either. 

The garbage comment is because I was a huge supporter of the 4” MU line and Hasbro came about as close to these new retro figures in the dying days of that once great line.

So in comparing the old MU line to these new retro figures I feel they are not for me. But calling them garbage is an opinion. And hardly an irrational one. 

Hey I think this was nice to see a new channel with some professional work being put in, of course it could have been a more detailed review but I liked everything else, admirable effort, I thought it had a good execution the young lady had a nice confident and pro voice, certainly beats those dudes who sound like someone pinched their nose while they filmed and droned on for 50 minutes in a dark room that looks like leatherface hangs out in, either way, way to go Tr4k_Alliance, keep reviewing, keep progressing, I appreciate the professional effort here.

15 hours ago, McHogan said:

The garbage comment is because I was a huge supporter of the 4” MU line and Hasbro came about as close to these new retro figures in the dying days of that once great line.

So in comparing the old MU line to these new retro figures I feel they are not for me. But calling them garbage is an opinion. And hardly an irrational one. 

I'm still not calling it garbage, but I will second these remarks regarding the 4" line and the way Hasbro first cheaped out on articulation and paint and materials and then completely abandoned it altogether after so many people got behind it. I'm glad the 6" line was back in swing, but the fans deserved better than that. Maybe scale back the waves per year, or maybe do them in multipacks rather than singles or even make them a pre-order type thing. This is the culmination of all the scaling back they intended to do and they're disguising and progressing it as a retro line. Again, there's a market for it, but I don't really think it's gonna get the mass appeal support they're going for.

This whole 'retro' phase the toy companies are going through is not doing it for me.  At least with the He-Man stuff they had more articulation while keeping the classic look.  In these days of the modern articulated action figure, a 5 POA figure shouldn't be $10.  It should be hanging on the pegs at Dollar Tree.  If I want to trigger my nostalgia, I'll go look at pics online of the original stuff.  If I'm buying something now, in this day and age, I want to get my money's worth.  I want articulation.  I want accessories.  I want realistic looking sculpts.  It boggles my mind the amount of money that was probably put into this just to cash in on the nostalgia retro craze.