What Could The Next Marvel Legends $50 Deluxe Figure Be???

JayC

On 3/5/2021 at 6:50 PM, natron said:

the listing says what if avengers   F2992 – “What If?” Avengers Deluxe 3 (Aug ’21) – ($50)

Being listed like that makes me feel it will be this.....

On 3/5/2021 at 8:39 AM, JayC said:

UPDATE: Erik writes in with another guess that could be possible, a figure based on the upcoming What If Disney+ animated series of the non-super soldier Steve Rogers piloted Mark I Iron Man.

What-if-clips1__scaled_600.jpg

The folks over at Fwoosh look to have come up with some additional details for the rumored second wave of rumored Marvel Legends Disney+ figures.

I know the first wave hasn't even yet been officially confirmed by Hasbro yet which as previously reported should include the following:

Disney+ – May-June 2021
F0167 – Assortment UPC: 5010993791385
Wave 1 – Unknown (BaF)
• F0246 – US Agent (Uruguay) – 5010993790814
• F0323 – Baron Zemo (Zimbabwe) – 5010993791125
• F0324 – Scarlett Witch (Sokovia) – 5010993791132
• F0325 – Winter Soldier (Wales) – 5010993791026
• F0326 – Vision (Vietnam) – 5010993790890
• F0327 – Loki (Latveria) – 5010993790982
• F0328 – Captain America (Brasil) – 5010993791101

Never-the-less details continue to surface for the second wave even as we wait for Hasbro

to officially confirm the first wave. While I am pretty confident there is a second wave coming, I have not yet seen anything for myself to confirm the additional details Fwoosh is now reporting. They list the second Disney+ wave as follows:

Disney+ Wave 2 – August 2021
F0167 – Assortment UPC: 5010993791385
Wave 2 – Unknown (BaF)
• F0329 – “What If?” Figure 8 – 501099379724
• F0330 – “What If?” Figure 9 – 501099379729
• F0331 – “What If?” Figure 10 – 501099379727
• F0332 – “What If?” Figure 11 – 501099379725
• F0333 – “What If?” Figure 12 – 501099379726
• F0334 – “What If?” Figure 13 – 501099379728
• F1097 – “Loki” Figure 14 – 501099379723

So while they still don't have specific figures listed, they are indicating that 6 of the 7 figures in the wave will be based on the upcoming Disney+ What If? animated series. The seventh figure is being listed as something from the Loki series.

No idea of what the Build-A-Figure for this wave will be based on.

There has yet to be a specific release date for the What If? series announced, but at last reports it looked like it would be airing sometime this summer. Fwoosh has also changed their listing of that $50 Marvel Legends Deluxe figure #f2992 to indicate it will also be based on the What If? series. As I reported the other day, I have seen that one listed as "Hydra Stomper" which is likely just a code name. I don't know if Fwoosh has anything more on the deluxe figure or just making an assumption here being both the Deluxe figure and the Disney+ Wave 2 figures are slated for release around the same time in August.

If the Deluxe figure does in fact turn out to be something from the What If? series then that give credence to the speculation that one could be based on the the non-super soldier Steve Rogers piloted Mark I Iron Man Armor figure.

Based on the trailer we have seen for the What If? series we could probably come up with a number of guesses for the 6 regular figures in the Disney+ wave. Seems like the Super Soldier induced Peggy Carter seen in many of the promos for the show is very likely.

What-If-Marvel-Legends-03__scaled_600.jpg

Zombie Captain America and T'Challa as Star-Lord seem like good bets to me as well

What-If-Marvel-Legends-02__scaled_600.jpg

For now we will have to wait and see. I am hoping now that the WandaVision series is over, we could get a wave 1 reveal of Wanda as early as tomorrow, similar to how they revealed Vision this past Monday.

If you haven't seen it already, be sure to check out this first trailer release last December for the What If? animated series.

Honestly this is pretty disappointing news to me. I'm not really interested in the What If show at all and to have at least 6/8 figures in the wave being from it is annoying. I'm a bit surprised we're getting so many figures from What If but I guess it makes sense given that its animated and they don't have to pay for actor licenses or anything. At least I'll be able to save some money, since 2021 is already looking to be an expensive year. Hopefully the BAF is also a What If figure so I don't have to buy them all.

I am happy that we're getting another Loki series figure, I'll get that one for sure. I was really hoping for at least an Agatha from this wave, but maybe she'll be the BAF of the first wave. I'm also still hoping we eventually see Wanda, Vision and Pietro in their Halloween costumes at some point.

I guess this means figures from the Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel shows will be out in 2022?

Animated What If figures,huh?  well that certainly sounds like something easy to pass on...  I wonder if they'll have Uatu the Watcher as the narrator, then maybe he could be the BAF of that wave.... but I'm pretty sure that I'd just keep my Marvel Select version even if he was. I can't imagine anything from the What If series that I'd actually want to buy a figure of.

I don't know guys. I think this is a wave I can get behind. Captain Peggy in particular as she can be used as her comic counterpart in the Exiles team. Cap Zombie could be used for his Marvel Zombie version etc. 

Plus guys. It's supposed to be a fun hobby. These type of wave always make me smile.

41 minutes ago, tarot said:

I don't know guys. I think this is a wave I can get behind. Captain Peggy in particular as she can be used as her comic counterpart in the Exiles team. Cap Zombie could be used for his Marvel Zombie version etc. 

Plus guys. It's supposed to be a fun hobby. These type of wave always make me smile.

I agree, the What If wave sounds like a hell of a lot of fun, so many possibilities for interesting figures, Super Soldier peggy I know already I'm going to want, a BP Starlord yeah!, and as we always gotta say hey if you don't like it don't buy it save some money for the next figures you want.

1 hour ago, SUPREME007 said:

I wonder if they do a what if wave would they try to make it realistic or animated.

Yeah this is my main concern.. I would be more than willing to buy an animated wave if they fit into the Legends aesthetic we already have. Those Into the Spider-verse wave were borderline too animated but eventually I did decide they could work. 

Not sure how I’d feel about jumping into a sub line with a totally new look to it.. 

1 hour ago, tarot said:

I agree this could be a lot of fun.. but again for me, if they look like a different line because they went too animated in style I’d have to put in some serious consideration if I’d want to invest in a sub line that can’t fit into my existing collection.

but... the possibilities... 

7 hours ago, JayC said:

There has yet to be a specific release date for the What If? series announced, but at last reports it looked like it would be airing sometime this summer. Fwoosh has also changed their listing of that $50 Marvel Legends Deluxe figure #f2992 to indicate it will also be based on the What If? series. As I reported the other day, I have seen that one listed as "Hydra Stomper" which is likely just a code name. 
If the Deluxe figure does in fact turn out to be something from the What If? series then that give credence to the speculation that one could be based on the the non-super soldier Steve Rogers piloted Mark I Iron Man Armor figure.

Based on the trailer we have seen for the What If? series we could probably come up with a number of guesses for the 6 regular figures in the Disney+ wave. Seems like the Super Soldier induced Peggy Carter seen in many of the promos for the show is very likely.

The idea of the deluxe figure being the Mandroid in comic correct colours was intriguing. This thread however suggests its going to be this FA Iron Man/Iron Monger mock up. Again, while it looks cool I still can't see it as $50.00 cool. 

I do love the idea of a Watcher BAF. Far more fitting  to be attached to the Fantastic Four wave of course, but I'll take him anyway I can get him, long as he's the "alien" looking version, and not the overweight human version. 

Not a huge fan of all the weirdo alternate characters they're putting all this money behind (Into the Spiderverse, Gamerverse, Etc.), but I suppose there's not much we can do to stop it anymore. That being said, this might be interesting. I certainly like the Peggy Carter Captain UK (I guess) idea so I'll reserve judgement on the wave for now. I'm just interested if, with all the delays, they're gonna be able to get this wave out this year.

52 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Not a huge fan of all the weirdo alternate characters they're putting all this money behind (Into the Spiderverse, Gamerverse, Etc.), but I suppose there's not much we can do to stop it anymore. That being said, this might be interesting. I certainly like the Peggy Carter Captain UK (I guess) idea so I'll reserve judgement on the wave for now. I'm just interested if, with all the delays, they're gonna be able to get this wave out this year.

I think Spider-verse made sense, particularly coming off of a year with a dearth of mcu figures.  Seems like they are popular enough, aside from peter b for some reason.  The gamerverse figures might have made sense if the game had been more well-received than it was (seemed like it was mostly met with 'meh' at least from what i've read), and i'm not sure the various spider-man game figures sold really well either.... guessing disney & hasbro saw the fortnite figures and said, hey we can do that for our games too!  although i guess now marvel will be making fortnite versions of marvel characters anyhow...

tbh i'd prefer more 616 characters that haven't already received figures than what-if versions, but some could be fun i guess. i'll try and reserve judgement until i see what they're offering.

The more I think about it the more its regretful that they aren't doing the comic-accurate Mandroid. Maybe sometime down the line, then. Which brings up the fact that Hasbro is coming out with these tv/movie/video game variants and there are still so many more comic book versions we haven't seen yet. Not to mention teams they haven't finished. I get it though, especially for these one-off one/two season shows, they wanna strike while the iron's hot. Makes sense.

Be great if for every wave like this one, we would get a heavy comic wave too. And just in case anyone from the Legends team is reading this....its a good time to plan for releasing a Marvel Monsters Box Set in time for Halloween!  Hint Hint

7 hours ago, Atlantis said:

The more I think about it the more its regretful that they aren't doing the comic-accurate Mandroid. Maybe sometime down the line, then. Which brings up the fact that Hasbro is coming out with these tv/movie/video game variants and there are still so many more comic book versions we haven't seen yet. Not to mention teams they haven't finished. I get it though, especially for these one-off one/two season shows, they wanna strike while the iron's hot. Makes sense.

Be great if for every wave like this one, we would get a heavy comic wave too. And just in case anyone from the Legends team is reading this....its a good time to plan for releasing a Marvel Monsters Box Set in time for Halloween!  Hint Hint

It really does feel like Hasbro is going heavy on the variants. There so many high demand comic figures of characters who've not been done or need major updates. I would really hope this new $50 figure was a mandroid as I would love to replace my original that I sold like a goob but I doubt it is. I like certain things from all the different Marvel incarnations such as the MCU but I really only collect out of my love for comics and toys and Legends being the perfect marriage of those hobbies. I also only collect main roster Avengers since those are the heroes I've always liked so it's looking less likely for me to get anything on my wishlist since I'm so niche.