What Could The Next Marvel Legends $50 Deluxe Figure Be???

JayC

• 3 months later...

Someone posted this screen capture on reddit said to be from and Amazon.Au site. Have not been able to find these listings on there myself and the person who posted it says they dont know how to post links, so its hard to say how legit these are but these do seem like logical possibilities for the What IF figures in the second Disney+ wave.

n1jqdpz0z9871.webp

On 6/30/2021 at 1:43 AM, Gigantor said:

A redone scale accurate 10 inch tall Sasquatch with alternate heads and hands is what I want as the next deluxe figure!

2129632429_Alpha-Flight.grouppic.thumb.jpg.b05c29ce726e31d1339e0d74bece77e1.jpg251711761_AlphaFlight2017.thumb.jpg.7a3308bc242683d35335930b32d10dda.jpg1614644828_BeastlookingupatSasquatch.thumb.jpg.5565c8cac03a710d4cb13c1ac74e0722.jpg

Sure I see you on a accurate Sasquatch it would be dope but, how about I raise you a Box with a Roger that can go inside, gimme that.

On 7/1/2021 at 1:50 AM, Gigantor said:

How bout both. And Box in red attire plz!
528040781_BoxwithAF.thumb.jpg.e0308378eaf69f8eb4175b721420950c.jpgbox_roger_bochs_mash-up.thumb.jpg.816093a4bae87ebf5cd75121dbb8346d.jpg1727011959_BoxII.thumb.jpg.afbee2fad014bac2f99a27a496057b65.jpg

Yes I'd prefer the Red Box, but man I'd take any Box at this point, I am getting a bad feeling I won't be fully fleshing out my Alpha Flight crew maybe ever, we need Marrina and Box at least, I wish for Persuasion and Talisman, but like come on Diamond Lil, Windshear and Nemesis not hard to do, plus clearly you can do a box set, just chuck a few of these guys in a X-wave, I can live without a ton of them but...really Marrina and Box man.

mean old Hasbro can start a team but then abandon them *cough cough* looking at my Serpent Society line up.

On 6/30/2021 at 9:57 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

"...mean old Hasbro can start a team but then abandon them *cough cough* looking at my Serpent Society line up..."

They only barely started the Guardians team before abandoning them! We got Major Vance Astro and that's it. Closest we got to Yondu was in the 3.75 size....and frankly even Vance wasn't on the correct mold. Nah, the whole team needs to be done.

On 7/1/2021 at 2:21 AM, Atlantis said:

They only barely started the Guardians team before abandoning them! We got Major Vance Astro and that's it. Closest we got to Yondu was in the 3.75 size....and frankly even Vance wasn't on the correct mold. Nah, the whole team needs to be done.

I agree, I'm confused as to why this happened, that Vance was released in 2017, and none of his team mates have gotten made yet, it's probably the best example of just 1 and done and abandon a team, I completely agree we need that original team at least, Martinex, Charlie 27 and Yondu, I mean really how has it been this long, you'd have thought maybe Starhawk would have gotten a figure back in the same year, he at least appeared in GOTGV2 for over 5 minutes haha, Vance wasn't even in it, but he probably just got made because "a Shield"

On 7/1/2021 at 2:35 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I agree, I'm confused as to why this happened, that Vance was released in 2017, and none of his team mates have gotten made yet, it's probably the best example of just 1 and done and abandon a team, I completely agree we need that original team at least, Martinex, Charlie 27 and Yondu, I mean really how has it been this long, you'd have thought maybe Starhawk would have gotten a figure back in the same year, he at least appeared in GOTGV2 for over 5 minutes haha, Vance wasn't even in it, but he probably just got made because "a Shield"

That Vance was part of the DnA Guardians line-up, which Hasbro had been giving us quite a few of at the time. It always seemed like that was their intent there, not for the classic line-up.

On 7/1/2021 at 7:30 AM, Fyrefly21 said:

That Vance was part of the DnA Guardians line-up, which Hasbro had been giving us quite a few of at the time. It always seemed like that was their intent there, not for the classic line-up.

yeah this would be my take on Vance's release as well.  Doesn't hurt that he didn't require any new parts or much in the way of accessories, very easy figure for Hasbro to make.  iirc Starhawk showed up in that run as well (in different forms/genders) and the rest of the team appeared as well but Vance was the only member to actually join the DnA GotG. 

Something to consider: Once upon a time, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 was intended to come out last year, 2020. It was supposed to follow right after the gang's appearance in Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame. But then Twitter trolls did a hit job on James Gunn and Disney overreacted by firing him. While that decision was eventually overturned, the months-long gap where Gunn wasn't working on Guardians afforded him the time to go over to Warner Bros. and write and direct The Suicide Squad. Disney had to shuffle the order of their projects to accommodate his firing and then his lack of availability when they re-hired him. 

What does this have to do with anything? Well, in a world where Gunn had never been temporarily fired (and without COVID-19), we would've gotten the third Guardians movie a year ago. That means we would've gotten a Marvel Legends GotG3 wave to accompany it with some cosmic characters.

In fact, it's entirely possible that this year's Walgreens exclusive cosmic characters like Nova and Quasar were originally going to be the comic book characters in a GotG3 movie wave. And all of that is to say Hasbro might have planned to release more of the classic Guardians figures to tie into the movies, but the changing schedule shifted priorities.

Maybe.

On 7/1/2021 at 5:09 AM, RyanDaly said:

Something to consider: Once upon a time, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 was intended to come out last year, 2020. It was supposed to follow right after the gang's appearance in Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame. But then Twitter trolls did a hit job on James Gunn and Disney overreacted by firing him. While that decision was eventually overturned, the months-long gap where Gunn wasn't working on Guardians afforded him the time to go over to Warner Bros. and write and direct The Suicide Squad. Disney had to shuffle the order of their projects to accommodate his firing and then his lack of availability when they re-hired him. 

What does this have to do with anything? Well, in a world where Gunn had never been temporarily fired (and without COVID-19), we would've gotten the third Guardians movie a year ago. That means we would've gotten a Marvel Legends GotG3 wave to accompany it with some cosmic characters.

In fact, it's entirely possible that this year's Walgreens exclusive cosmic characters like Nova and Quasar were originally going to be the comic book characters in a GotG3 movie wave. And all of that is to say Hasbro might have planned to release more of the classic Guardians figures to tie into the movies, but the changing schedule shifted priorities.

Maybe.

That’s actually a really interesting observation. It’s also possible that these were always intended to be exclusives, just supposed to hit at the same time as Vol. 3.

I know What If? gives us a lot of new designs therefore possibilities for new figures, but I would definitely prefer it if they decided to add some other figures too. From the shows that we've already seen, like an Agatha Harkness, or a better Loki figure (president Loki or Avengers Loki) or Halloween quicksilver, or a red suit Falcon even. Hopefully we'll see some of these in the future.

On 7/1/2021 at 1:18 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Still not very happy about this wave being almost all What If, but oh well. I may get Spidey cause Spidey. If Gamora in her armor and dark Doctor Strange are the other two figures, I’ll probably pick those up too because their concept designs are cool. So far the only one I’m definitely getting from this wave is Sylvie.

The What If? wave ideas are very similar to @tarot's question earlier, asking if anyone would be interested in "Cap-ified" Legends figures. For the most part its not something for me, but I do like that Peggy Ross Captain Britain look. 

On 7/1/2021 at 3:49 PM, Atlantis said:

The What If? wave ideas are very similar to @tarot's question earlier, asking if anyone would be interested in "Cap-ified" Legends figures. For the most part its not something for me, but I do like that Peggy Ross Captain Britain look. 

Definitely some interesting designs in there that would be cool to have in action figure form, but not really for me either in general. I still wish our second D+ wave had gotten us some more figures from the earlier shows that we still desperately need figures of. I have nothing against What If stuff, aside from it potentially taking spots away from other Disney+ characters.

On 7/1/2021 at 2:11 PM, JohnF said:

".... I would definitely prefer it if they decided to add some other figures too. From the shows that we've already seen, like an Agatha Harkness... or Halloween quicksilver..."

Speaking of Halloween...since they've gone and done an "elvis" Modok for Pulse, nothing's off limits. So how about a Marvel Monsters set for Halloween?? Tomb of Dracula, Werewolf by Night, Living Mummy. Frankenstein, Satanna, Liliith....lets GO!