How do you feel about this 2 pack idea?

Dabboi

So, next year is the 50th anniversary of Luke Cage; he was the first Black comic book character to star in their own solo series, so he's pretty important.

To celebrate that; how would you feel about a Heroes for Hire 2-pack of 70s Luke Cage and 70s Iron Fist?

Luke cage 70's.png

Iron-Fist-Marvel-Comics-Daniel-Rand-Kai-d.jpg

I would say that probably nobody who collects legends would say no this is a bad idea, it's a great idea, I already have these 2, I don't know if I'd feel like I need to buy this, but it really should have already happened, but in all honesty I'd probably just end up getting this because. I would even more like Daughters of the Dragon 2 pack though, we really need a comic Colleen wing, and I could go for a new misty with more metal arm and such, maybe less wonky eyes.

9 hours ago, Dabboi said:

How would you feel about a Heroes for Hire 2-pack of 70s Luke Cage and 70s Iron Fist?

Absolutely! Love Power Man & Iron Fist and would love to own Marvel Legends of the guys in their classic looks.

5 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I would even more like Daughters of the Dragon 2 pack though.

Absolutely! I love Misty and Colleen and would love to own Marvel Legends of the ladies in their classic look. The Misty Knight we have already is... fine, but could be better. Bring 'em on!

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

I've said before but Hasbro could make an entire wave just from this picture. 

spacer.png

Iron Fist is one of those characters that for some reason Hasbro hates their rogue gallery and allies, we really need a Steel Serpent at least, and really not sure why colleen hasn't gotten a go, both showed up in the netflix series..it seems like the time came and went.

16 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I would say that probably nobody who collects legends would say no this is a bad idea, it's a great idea, I already have these 2, I don't know if I'd feel like I need to buy this, but it really should have already happened, but in all honesty I'd probably just end up getting this because. I would even more like Daughters of the Dragon 2 pack though, we really need a comic Colleen wing, and I could go for a new misty with more metal arm and such, maybe less wonky eyes.

Yes please! I've never been able to get my Misty Knight to stand, so she's just kind of leaning against a wall (plus mine's cross-eyed)

I’d take classic suits all day. The real surprise is that Hasbro gphas not done these already. As goofy as they look due to their oh so 80s look I think I’d rather have thes displayed than their modern looks.

Cage especially.. this classic suit is far out, much better than his regular dude look of his modern ‘suit’

Great idea, I'd want to see what the figures look like before deciding though.  For Luke and Danny I tend to prefer the looks we already have.  Of course if they were phenomenal figures, I'm sure I'd cave.

On 3/7/2021 at 12:33 PM, tarot said:

Would make a great set for black history month next year. Luke cage was the first black person to headline his own comic so it would be great for this to come out for that.

I could give a crap bout the character's race. That shouldn't even have been included in the topic imo. I would buy these long overdue characters due to them just being great classic comic book heroes. Race be damned.

13 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Actually, Black Panther was. And I could give a crap bout the character's race. That shouldn't even have been included in the topic imo. 

Nope. Black Panther was second and even then he was sharing with Ka-Zar as part of Jungle Adventures. BP may have been the first black superheroes but he didn't get his own comic until after Luke Cage.

On 3/7/2021 at 12:33 PM, tarot said:

Would make a great set for black history month next year. Luke cage was the first black person to headline his own comic so it would be great for this to come out for that.

I get what you're saying, but I don't think Luke Cage would be the best choice for a celebration of the black experience. I love the character, and if you were speaking specifically about the version we got in season 1 of the Netflix series, I might agree. It's just that Cage in the comics has always struck me (your mileage may vary) as a broad cultural stereotype. The angry black dude. Always mad at something, constantly spouting ebonic slang of the day in place of real dialogue, not exactly a high ideal.

I'd probably go with Black Panther to. Granted, the proud African Prince/King is just another stereotype, but at least its a more positive one. 

Ideally, give me War Machine and Falcon. There are two characters who had a journey. They start off as side-kicks, but over the years through honest, quality writing and character development they came into their own. Now, they're heroes in their own right. They have their own place in the light, no longer playing Robin to Iron Man or Captain America's Batman.

On 3/6/2021 at 8:01 PM, Dabboi said:

So, next year is the 50th anniversary of Luke Cage; he was the first Black comic book character to star in their own solo series, so he's pretty important.

To celebrate that; how would you feel about a Heroes for Hire 2-pack of 70s Luke Cage and 70s Iron Fist?

Luke cage 70's.png

Sorry, kind of went off on a tangent there, but yes PLEASE this. We've gotten all kinds of Iron Fists, but never in his classic look. That's an oversight that needs fixing. As for Cage, with the Big-Boy bucks we have now, we can finally give Classic Cage the figure he always deserved.

But for God's sake, when/if this happens . . . call him POWER MAN. That's how I was first introduced to the character as a kid, and that's the way I think of him to this day.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Gigantor said:

I'll always call him "Powerman"", if you're gonna call heroes by their given birth name, then might as well call Batman, "Bruce".   Being called "Powerman" is no different  than being called "Wonderman", don't' see anyone calling him Simon Williams. 

But Luge Cage isn't even his birth name.

Still I miss him being called Powerman

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

But Luge Cage isn't even his birth name.

Still I miss him being called Powerman

True! His name is Carl Lucas, so is ok to call the Pack Luke Cage and Iron Fist, and I totally see this pack coming soon, is one of the few Toy Biz costumes that Hasbro has not relaunched.

On 3/7/2021 at 6:01 AM, Dabboi said:

Luke cage 70's.png

Yes, we need this for sure, this is easily most iconic duo in Marvel.