Marvel Legends CUSTOM Raza Longknife

GrtWhiteCustoms

54 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Nice! Hard to believe we have had ZERO Starjammers in Marvel Legends. Maybe they'll pop up in a "cosmic" movie, and we can get a boxed set of comic versions, or something like that. Corsair, Raza, Hepzibah, and Ch'od are all high on my wanted list of unmade X-Men-related Legends figures.

Along with the MCU, video game and fortnite variants Legends is doing, they surely need to remember the comic line...to have waited this long to finish off the Inhumans or even start the Starjammers is just sad. And they don't have much to do. Ch'od is basically the Abomination wave (Wonder Man, Capt Britain) BAF, just need a different head. Corsair, Raza, very easy to do. The only one that requires new tooling is Hepzibah and that needs to be done 'cause it can be re-used for Tigra/Wolfsbane anyway. 

I do hope they will give Raza sculpted thigh boots like Great White has done. I despise that whole cheap painted on approach. And if they do the pony tail it needs to swivel.

GREAT JOB by GREAT WHITE CUSTOMS!!

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

I do hope they will give Raza sculpted thigh boots like Great White has done. I despise that whole cheap painted on approach. And if they do the pony tail it needs to swivel.

Everything u said is right. Starjammers would not be hard for them due to their whack reuse anyway (reuse would be alright if yhe bucks were better). And I despise the painted on boot man it kills me.

Thanks for all the kind words y'all!! I really appreciate it. I too hope the STARJAMMERS make it into Hasbro's Marvel Legends toy line. I'm a huge fan of the team and feel they are long overdue. Corsair and CH'0D are next to be done on my STARJAMMERS list. 

On 3/14/2021 at 1:07 PM, Atlantis said:

Along with the MCU, video game and fortnite variants Legends is doing, they surely need to remember the comic line...to have waited this long to finish off the Inhumans or even start the Starjammers is just sad. And they don't have much to do. Ch'od is basically the Abomination wave (Wonder Man, Capt Britain) BAF, just need a different head. Corsair, Raza, very easy to do. The only one that requires new tooling is Hepzibah and that needs to be done 'cause it can be re-used for Tigra/Wolfsbane anyway. 

GREAT JOB by GREAT WHITE CUSTOMS!!

Yeah, flared boots like that need to be sculpted.

That's one thing that frustrates me, particularly about X-Men-related characters. We had a full wave based on Age of Apocalypse, a full wave based on "House of X," and apparently are going to get another Age of Apocalypse wave; that would mean 3 waves based on stories from outside of the main universe. I'm not a fan of that approach. There are so many characters that still need to be made, that it doesn't make a lot of sense to me, and also seems like a bad retail strategy, because it's easier for people to skip whole waves. The first AoA wave seems to be the worst-selling X-Men wave ever, with only Dark Beast being kind of hard to find. The figures were well-done, and Sugar Man is a great BAF, but I'd much rather have a wave with 2 AoA figures and 5 figures from the main comic universe, or the occasional other source (like Morph from the animated series). We still don't even have a decent Banshee, let alone a lot of villains and supporting characters, and various costumes/"looks" for major characters.

On 3/14/2021 at 10:57 AM, SUPREME007 said:

Everything u said is right. Starjammers would not be hard for them due to their whack reuse anyway (reuse would be alright if yhe bucks were better). And I despise the painted on boot man it kills me.

Right? And how I hate when they paint on "pointed" boots like the Vision's or Captain Mar-Vell's. The paint always bleeds and it just looks cheap. They've already done Mr. Sinister with the sculpted boots, just use those, work either Skullbuster or Cable and they do up Raza's armored parts....he's just not that hard to do and should have been done by now!

48 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Right? And how I hate when they paint on "pointed" boots like the Vision's or Captain Mar-Vell's. The paint always bleeds and it just looks cheap. They've already done Mr. Sinister with the sculpted boots, just use those, work either Skullbuster or Cable and they do up Raza's armored parts....he's just not that hard to do and should have been done by now!

Exactly! It looks cheap and they have done it before why not keep doing? Drives me insane.

1 hour ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

That's one thing that frustrates me, particularly about X-Men-related characters. We had a full wave based on Age of Apocalypse, a full wave based on "House of X," and apparently are going to get another Age of Apocalypse wave; that would mean 3 waves based on stories from outside of the main universe. I'm not a fan of that approach......

As a person who skipped those waves entirely except dark beast, I concur. They need to get to the characters that have not been done. I like the do characters from outside the main universe but They need more of the main universe.

12 hours ago, SUPREME007 said:

As a person who skipped those waves entirely except dark beast, I concur. They need to get to the characters that have not been done. I like the do characters from outside the main universe but They need more of the main universe.

I found the whole wave at once at one store, which is rare for me, and I really wanted the Sugar Man BAF, so I bought them all at once at regular price, but if it wasn't for that fluke, I probably just would have kept my Dark Beast pre-order, and maybe bought Jean for $19.99, and played the "wait and see" game on the others, to see if I could get them for a decent markdown. X-Men waves based in the main comic universe always seem to sell very well, too.

On 3/18/2021 at 3:46 AM, tudortiger2000 said:

Nice custom. But I’m totally unfamiliar with the character. Glad to know that with the forum here I get to appreciate who Starjammer is. 

Thank you...just an FYI...His name is Raza and he is a member of a band of Space pirates called the STARJAMMERS. Their leader is the father of Cyclops and HAVOK from the X-men. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/25/2021 at 3:26 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Thank you...just an FYI...His name is Raza and he is a member of a band of Space pirates called the STARJAMMERS. Their leader is the father of Cyclops and HAVOK from the X-men. 

You know, I'm looking at him and seeing some similarities with Killraven. Now that's another Marvel Legend figure we need!