Marvel Legends Age Of Apocalypse Wave 2 - Who Do We Want To See In It?

JayC

10 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

I don't know about sales overall but my local WM put them on clearance for $11 fairly quickly and had a bunch of them, picked up more than half the wave that way. I did think that Beast and Sunfire were both pretty great figures though and don't regret paying full price for them.

Unless they have a BAF as compelling as Sugarman i don't see myself getting into a 2nd wave of AoA (no offense to fans of the story & figures)  Also, i could be mistaken but weren't most of the characters in wave 1 ones that had crossed over to 616 at some point?  Can they pull that off again in a 2nd wave to help lure in collectors who aren't into AoA but like new characters for their 616 collection? Dunno.

Only X-Man, Dark Beast and Sugarman crossovered to 616 from wave 1, the other was Holocaust.

It's not a 1:1 but an AOA Magneto can also be your "Joseph" figure in a 616 display. I don't remember Joseph wearing Magneto's red and purple costume in any of the comics' interior art but Joe Mad does have Joseph wear that costume on the cover of Uncanny X-men 327. He even has AOA Magneto's red (not 616 Magneto's purple) cape.

joe.jpeg

10 hours ago, leokearon said:

Only X-Man, Dark Beast and Sugarman crossovered to 616 from wave 1, the other was Holocaust.

While this is true, the 616 Sunfire ended up sporting his Age of Apocalypse look for a while (after being made into a horseman), 616 Wild Child currently wears his Age of Apocalypse costume, and there was a version of Morph in his Age of Apocalypse look on the Exiles for a long time. Only Jean and Weapon X were truly Age of Apocalypse-only.

11 hours ago, LandoTucker said:

Dude, I stand humble and happily corrected on both points. Just to check though: Return was the same arc as Ages of Apocalypse wasn't it? Like AOA 2? Chris Bachalo pencilled? My knowledge of RTTAOA is limited to one issue of the limited series I read in a comic store, about 10 years ago. Hated it.

And, you're right with Age of X too (liked that quite a bit), although her floating around the x-world with a bunch of other telepaths didn't really make her a standout character. Hence, kinda forgot she was in it.

I'd literally die for an 'Evolution of Psylocke' 3-pack (actually, left to me, I'd want a 6 pack, but I'm being kinda realistic'ish) (1). Alan Davis/New Mutants annual debut issue, frilly English maid costume, (2). Silvestri Fall of the Mutants/Inferno armour, and either Crimson Dawn, Kwannon or UXF. Can't think of any other x-character, male or female, with that many cool 'looks' but....never going to happen🤔

Return was legitimately a return to the original Age of Apocalypse, shown at that point to still exist (despite Bishop fixing the 616), whereas Ages of Apocalypse was part of the Twelve storyline, when 616 Apocalypse was merged with Cyclops and kept warping reality in order to try to manipulate "the Twelve" into re-energizing him. Neither was very good!

Yeah, the force warriors seemed important to the world portrayed in Age of X, but they weren't all that important to the plot. It totally makes sense that one might forget about them. It was mostly the Rogue, Magneto, Gambit, and New Mutants show! I really enjoyed it either way.

And hell yeah, on a Psylocke evolution pack! I'm not huge on her debut outfit, but she's had a lot of great looks over the years. I'd love her recent pre-House of X/post-Kwannon and Marvel Now looks, as well as pre-Dark Angel Uncanny X-Force and Outback!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

Random thought that just occurred to me: I bet the second wave of AoA figures does include Nightcrawler so Hasbro can re-use the hands and feet they made for the X-Force wave Kurt

.spacer.png

Also that look for night crawler is just pure awesome. My favorite look for him.

40 minutes ago, Fyrefly21 said:

If they give us AoA Kurt, I hope it's in his X-Force costume. We're slowly working our way through that team roster

They will probably do his AOA version for the wave and release his X-Force version as a Fan Channel like Deathlok