More Pre-MCU Legends? Yes or No?

Dabboi

27 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

This. I would buy some Legends from some of the other films, but I can think of at least 30 unmade MCU figures that I'd rather have than almost any of them. The only 2 I can really think of that would be on MCU-level of demand for me would probably be :

X2 Magneto (Toy Biz did a decent one, but Hasbro could do a better one)
Wolverine in black X-Men team suit
A really nice blade from one of the first 2 films

Whistler
Lundgren Punisher
Cap and Red Skull from the terrible 1990 film
Hulk dogs!!!!! All of the Hulk dogs!!!

Other ones that I would like, but lower on the demand level would be:

X2 Kitty Pryde
X2 Pyro
Pretty much any of the X-Men 1 and 2 team members in their team suits

Really, I would consider buying any that are well-done, but if they are $24.99 or more each, or even worse, $49.99+ in a 2-pack, my interest level is low, unless I can find them at a discount.

I guess the Ed Norton Hulk movie is technically MCU? Because I would buy a "turd monster" Abomination.

Is X2 Kitty Pryde a typo?

Because that wasn't even Ellen Page, that was Katie Stewart (the little girl that starred with Patrick Stewart...no relation...in Mastermind) who was the second Kitty Pryde after X1's Sumela Kay got recast. I have all this useless info in my brain of all these virtually unknown actors from the X-men movies.

49 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Is X2 Kitty Pryde a typo?

Because that wasn't even Ellen Page, that was Katie Stewart (the little girl that starred with Patrick Stewart...no relation...in Mastermind) who was the second Kitty Pryde after X1's Sumela Kay got recast. I have all this useless info in my brain of all these virtually unknown actors from the X-men movies.

I meant X3. 

He goes by Elliot Page now!

I wasn't going to chime in here at all because I don't like dampening people's enthusiasm for stuff with my own disinterest, but since the topic is phrased specifically as "yes or no", I guess I'll mention that I don't personally have any interest in pre-MCU movie figures! I'd consider a Wesley Snipes Blade, but otherwise I got all my movie needs out of the way with the Logan/Xavier two-pack.

On 4/10/2021 at 10:29 AM, Benn said:

He goes by Elliot Page now!

I wasn't going to chime in here at all because I don't like dampening people's enthusiasm for stuff with my own disinterest, but since the topic is phrased specifically as "yes or no", I guess I'll mention that I don't personally have any interest in pre-MCU movie figures! I'd consider a Wesley Snipes Blade, but otherwise I got all my movie needs out of the way with the Logan/Xavier two-pack.

I'm surprised they did Charles and not X-23 for that two pack. I don't do movie figures, but she seems like a notable gap in an X-Men movie display.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few more of the Fox X-Men, but while there are a smattering of characters that would be kinda cool (an updated Snipes Blade comes to mind, and I do like the Ferrigno Hulk idea) I wouldn't want Hasbro to focus on it at the expense of comic or MCU characters that we're still waiting for (or waiting for improved versions of).

I'm not sure they qualify as pre-MCU, but since they're kinda disregarded and ignored, I'd like to get Cloak and Dagger and the Runaways, and some of the main cast of Agents of Shield and Robbie Reyes.

From everything else, I'm ok waiting until the MCU does them. 

How about instead of an umpteenth comic Wolverine in an X-men wave, we get an X-men or X2 or X-men The Last Stand or Days of Future Past Hugh Jackman Wolverine in said wave? Or an X-men or X2 James Marsden Cyclops? Or an X-men or X2 Famke Janssen Jean Grey or X-men The Last Stand Famke Janssen Dark Phoenix? Or an X-men or X2 or X3 or Days of Future Past Halle Berry Storm? Or an X-men or X2 or X3 or DOFP Anna Paquin Rogue? Or an X2 or X3 or DOFP or Deadpool 1/2 Colossus? Or an X2 Nightcrawler? You get the idea.

Sprinkle them in a la what they do with the MCU actors.

*The bolded ones are what I'd prefer.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2021 at 1:57 PM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I agree with you 100% on this but a Reb Brown Captain America in my collection would put a huge smile on my face.

I'd take one of those for my collection to, especially if it were up there with a Ferrigno Hulk, Hammond Spider-Man, Hooten Doctor Strange, Rex Smith Daredevil, Eric Kramer Thor, and a Matt McColm Nightman just to round it out.

6 minutes ago, mako said:

I'd take one of those for my collection to, especially if it were up there with a Ferrigno Hulk, Hammond Spider-Man, Hooten Doctor Strange, Rex Smith Daredevil, Eric Kramer Thor, and a Matt McColm Nightman just to round it out.

You had me up to Nightman. I remember watching it but I don't know if I'd need a figure. Now maybe a MANTIS or Black Scorpion.

On 4/10/2021 at 5:33 AM, The Mad Bubbler said:

I guess the Ed Norton Hulk movie is technically MCU? Because I would buy a "turd monster" Abomination.

Incredible Hulk movie is i legit MCU, Abomination or at least Blonski will appear in She-Hulk series. 2003 could be considered technically a spiritual prequel to Incredible since 2003 movie ends in latin america and 2008 one begins in same location. 

As for figures, I would love to see Blade, Daredevil, F4, Obviously Spidey and  some select X-Men like first class yellow/blue uniforms, that can include different heads and accessories so we can get most of the team with single release. DOFP Wolverine is almost must.