What Spider-Man Themed Marvel Legends Figures Might We See Later This Year?

JayC

6 hours ago, leokearon said:

Definitely want the Looter

Ah, so The Looter changed his name to The Meteor Man? Seems an odd choice, especially with the 1990s film...

I would love some of the more obscure characters- The Enforcers would be amazing. I wonder if Hasbro could do some "Made to order" figures of some of the more obscure characters that probably wouldn't sell as well at retail. I would buy pretty much any Spidey-related character. 

All of the rumored retro figures sound like great ideas. I'd like to see some figures of characters on those cards in the actual outfits they wore in the 1990s cartoon, too. I'd also love to see a purple-suited Silver Age Doc Ock.

For the next wave, I'd love some mroe "In To The Spiderverse" figures, but I'm guessing most of the movie figures will be from "No Way Home." Still, an "ITTS" Spidey Noir, with removable hat and fist hands, seems like a natural choice, and is needed. I'm guessing the video game figure is from the Miles Morales game...?

7 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Ah, so The Looter changed his name to The Meteor Man? Seems an odd choice, especially with the 1990s film...

Well he was the Looter, then he renamed himself Meteor man in the 70's before in the 90's going back to the Looter

24 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Well he was the Looter, then he renamed himself Meteor man in the 70's before in the 90's going back to the Looter

Interesting. Maybe something to do with copyrights related to the movie? Whatever the case, I would definitely buy a figure of him in his original white and purple outfit.

TMYKnow.jpg

43 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

For the next wave, I'd love some mroe "In To The Spiderverse" figures, but I'm guessing most of the movie figures will be from "No Way Home." Still, an "ITTS" Spidey Noir, with removable hat and fist hands, seems like a natural choice, and is needed. I'm guessing the video game figure is from the Miles Morales game...?

There are actually quite a few figures from 'Verse I'd love to see done. Most important, a Miles in his actual final Spider-Man suit.

1 hour ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Interesting. Maybe something to do with copyrights related to the movie? Whatever the case, I would definitely buy a figure of him in his original white and purple outfit.

TMYKnow.jpg

Never heard of the movie, but it could also just be because most people refer to him as the Looter anyways

30 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Never heard of the movie, but it could also just be because most people refer to him as the Looter anyways

Meteor Man is a fun, family-friendly superhero movie- it's not amazing, but it's fun, and has a great cast (James Earl Jones, a platinum-haired Don Cheadle, Luther Vandross as a hitman... seriously...)- the downside is, Bill Cosby is in it, so I don't know if I'll ever actually watch it again. 

1 hour ago, mako said:

There are actually quite a few figures from 'Verse I'd love to see done. Most important, a Miles in his actual final Spider-Man suit.

Oh, yeah, I would gladly buy a couple more waves JUST of figures from that film- I'm just assuming most or all of these movie figures will be from the next live action movie. Noir would seem the most likely if they're going to put a Spiderverse figure in there. Noir, main suit Miles, Halloween costume Miles, Peni, Olivia Octavious, Tombstone, Peter Parker Spidey with unmasked head (RIP), Scorpion, Kingpin, Sp/Dr...

• 2 months later...

Shown below via Marvel are the official product reveals for the upcoming Spider-Man: No Way Home movie for Hasbro, Funko and LEGO. Among other things are new Marvel Legends for Spider-Man in his two new suits as well as J. Jonah Jameson and Doctor Strange.

Previously we told you how there was going to be a new wave of Spider-Man themed Marvel Legends that broke down like this

F0170 – Assortment UPC: 501099372093
Wave 2 – Unknown (BaF)

• F3018 – MCU Figure 7 Shale – 5010993844722

• F3019 – MCU Figure 8 Sulfur – 5010993844739

• F3021 – MCU Figure 9 Methane – 5010993844753

• F3022 – MCU Figure 10 Manganese – 5010993844746

• F3023 – MCU Figure 11 Lodine – 5010993844685

• F3024 – Gamerverse Figure 13 Sapphire – 5010993844708

• F3025 – Comic Figure 13 Sandstone – 5010993844692

Well now we can fill in some of these code names with these new reveals thanks to listings that had been found on the Amazon Australia website:

F0170 – Assortment UPC: 501099372093
Wave 2 – Unknown (BaF)

• F3018 – Marvel Legends Series Integrated Suit Spider-Man – 5010993844722

• F3019 – Marvel Legends Series Black & Gold Suit Spider-Man – 5010993844739

• F3021 – MCU Figure 9 Methane (still unknown) – 5010993844753

• F3022 – MCU Figure 10 Manganese (still unknown) – 5010993844746

• F3023 – Marvel Legends Series Doctor Strange – 5010993844685

• F3024 – Marvel Legends Series Gamerverse Miles Morales – 5010993844708

• F3025 – Comic Figure 13 Sandstone (still unknown) – 5010993844692

Not shown here but one of the listings on the Amazon Australia website was for the Gamerverse figure which is going to be of Miles Morales. Our guess a solid version of the recent translucent one Hasbro announced.

One of the two unknown MCU listings is likely the J. Jonah Jameson figure shown in these new images which would leave one more as of yet un-revealed MCU Spider-Man based figure. We also don't yet know what the one comic book based figure or the Build-A-FIgure will be in the wave.

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

No-Way-Home-00.jpg

No-Way-Home-01.jpg

No-Way-Home-02.jpg

No-Way-Home-03.jpg

No-Way-Home-04.jpg

No-Way-Home-05.jpg

No-Way-Home-06.jpg

No-Way-Home-07.jpg

No-Way-Home-09.jpg

No-Way-Home-10.jpg

No-Way-Home-11.jpg

No-Way-Home-12.jpg

No-Way-Home-14.jpg

No-Way-Home-15.jpg

No-Way-Home-16.jpg

No-Way-Home-17.jpg

No-Way-Home-18.jpg

No-Way-Home-20.jpg

No-Way-Home-21.jpg

No-Way-Home-22.jpg

No-Way-Home-23.jpg

No-Way-Home-24.jpg

No-Way-Home-25.jpg

On 7/2/2021 at 5:04 AM, tarot said:

The final MCU figure is obvious not shown because of Spoilers but my guess is it's electro or the main villain of the movie.

Also hoping comic is Shriek as well.

There was a list floating around for a while that included all 4 of these plus Electro, so you’re probably right.

On 7/2/2021 at 5:01 AM, leokearon said:

The Spidey suits don't look too bad but the Red on the B/G suit looks/is wrong.

I would have thought they would hold off on Strange until next year with his own movie coming out.

Strange will probably have a different suit in his movie, so they’ll probably give us a new mold for that. And yeah, I was actually really excited for that gold suit, the forearm design for the POP is really cool, but I guess we’ll have to wait for the inevitable 2-pack release to fix it.

On 7/2/2021 at 7:04 AM, tarot said:

The final MCU figure is obvious not shown because of Spoilers but my guess is it's electro or the main villain of the movie.

Also hoping comic is Shriek as well.

The really bad thing is even though Electro will most likely have an updated look for those movie, it'll probably be similar enough that they'll reuse the older figure from the Ultimate Goblin wave.

Man this looks really good. I like all of these figures, except maybe the black suit Spiderman cause something about it makes it look weird. But besides that and the fact that I would have prefered a lot less gold in the red suit Spidey, I'm really excited for these figures.

Didn't see Dr Strange coming in this wave, cause the movie is pretty packed with Spiderman related characters and he's got his own movie coming, but I guess he'll have a different look by then and they'll probably change the accessories too. 

JJ Jameson is a welcoming inclusion to the wave, but honestly I would have prefered someone else. Personally I'd love to see an updated Mysterio with an unmasked head and since some Lego sets include him, who knows maybe he would've fit here just fine. Perhaps JJJ is some kind of exclusive since he's not mentioned in the listings. Anyway looking forward to the next reveal(s) for the wave. 

I'm betting the updated Electro will be the new fogure, BAF could be either an Updated Doc Oc (Molina) or even a Mech based Scorpion. Looking at those Lego Sets, it does look like a giant Scorpion mech suit. Would make sense having Vulture and Scorpion return, alongside Doc and Electro, throw in Shocker or Mysterio and a Goblin or a Rhino and sinister six has been formed 

Not really feeling any of these, honestly. The JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson is interesting and would make nice civilian fodder. Simmons is an absolutely fantastic actor but I prefer the comic based JJJ they did in the retro wave recently. I agree with others that Electro is likely the remaining unknown figure - but I still can't help to hope it's actually Wong. How funny would that be to get Wong in a Spider-Man wave?? But hey, if Dr. Strange is in it...  Is that black and gold drone in the lego set supposed to be repainted drones that Iron Man left (from the last movie) or something different? Could they do something like that for the BAF?  If Scorpion is in this movie, I could totally see him being the BAF. Right now I don't expect to buy any of these unless I can find a discounted JJJ figure to use as civilian fodder.

On 7/2/2021 at 1:11 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Strange will probably have a different suit in his movie, so they’ll probably give us a new mold for that. And yeah, I was actually really excited for that gold suit, the forearm design for the POP is really cool, but I guess we’ll have to wait for the inevitable 2-pack release to fix it.

He probably will though given Dr Strange 2 is out in February, we would probably be getting a new Strange figure before or around the time this movie came out anyways

None of the MCU Spider-Man themed figures appeal to me. I hope the Legends team will finally give us a red & yellow Iron Spider this year. That's really overdue.

Also, an accurate Shocker, and tbh I wouldn't mind if they took another swing at the Vulture and this time, use the textured technique he had on the skull cap and use it for the entire body. They also need to update those wings. 

Man-Wolf, either in his original yellow & green onesie. or the green/yellow armored onesie when Perez did him for Marvel Premiere.

Tarantula

Equinox (seriously don't care what or whose wave this guy shows up in, just get him done)

Swarm

Prodigy

Ricochet

And it really seems they're gonna give us an accurate Rhino this year. Let's hope so!

The new suits have me really divided.  I'll gladly take anything new for Spider-Man, comic, MCU, whatever.  But that red one doesn't have the web pattern painted, just like the Far From Home suit, which is equal parts exhausting and irritating at this point, that a new figure from a movie, based on Marvel's flagship character needs mods right out of the box.  The black and gold design looks awesome, except those forearms, think I'll wait for the reissue of it down the road, since the Funko Pop shows a more likely all black and gold design with no red.  JJJ doesn't get me very hyped, but I'll probably pick him up, going to check on the Infinity War Strange before I commit to this one, if they're not different enough I'll just wait for his Multiverse of Madness figure.  I truly hope the BAF isn't anything awesome, since this lineup doesn't do much for me.