What Spider-Man Themed Marvel Legends Figures Might We See Later This Year?

JayC

On 7/9/2021 at 1:23 AM, Gigantor said:

I really just want this long overdue classic Spider villain done already on the Sunfire buck along with Hector Ayala White 1169600496_Tarantula-AntonRodriquez.thumb.jpg.3c4e4a16717842d09c1309edde3ebe57.jpg1706423754_white-tiger-Spidey.thumb.jpg.0b6d5e9df41b5ca58bebc116b9773fc4.jpg Tiger.

It's been blowing my mind that we still don't have a Tarantula, it's such an easy figure to do, and I dunno to me and must be others (you) he was a pretty important villain in the 90's when I was heavy reading spider-man.  Hector would be an easy figure as well, we got Ava, what's holding Hasbro back from it.

On 7/9/2021 at 12:00 AM, Ironspider428 said:

I doubt they'll do another Rhino BAF, he'll likely get a retro-card release sometime soon. Stegron is a possibility or even Grizzly, using parts of Ursa Major. I do have a feeling it's going to be an MCU BAF though. We'll probably get Grizzly in one of the 2022 Spider-Man waves.

Yeah I would have said the same, but man Hasbro loves pulling the old you didn't expect this around the corner move these days, Rhino as a BAF again would ensure a wave was bought in it's entirety so it's a smart move, people really want a new Rhino, sure a Retro carded seems likely, but a BAF man, BAF's are like buy this whole wave even if you hate 5 of the 6 figures bait. 

On 7/9/2021 at 12:42 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I would have said the same, but man Hasbro loves pulling the old you didn't expect this around the corner move these days, Rhino as a BAF again would ensure a wave was bought in it's entirety so it's a smart move, people really want a new Rhino, sure a Retro carded seems likely, but a BAF man, BAF's are like buy this whole wave even if you hate 5 of the 6 figures bait. 

And that would be classic hasbro. Characters you don’t want but you have to buy. 

On 7/9/2021 at 2:00 AM, LordVenger said:

And that would be classic hasbro. Characters you don’t want but you have to buy. 

Yeah I wish it wasn't something I had pretty strong feelings towards, Hasbro knows how highly asked for a new Rhino is, so why not make it a BAF, people will rip that wave off shelves for that new Rhino BAF. if it's a Retro carded figure,, well they can sell a ton of single carded deluxe figures at 35 or how about making people buy 6-7 figures for 22 bucks a piece.

On 7/9/2021 at 1:06 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I wish it wasn't something I had pretty strong feelings towards, Hasbro knows how highly asked for a new Rhino is, so why not make it a BAF, people will rip that wave off shelves for that new Rhino BAF. if it's a Retro carded figure,, well they can sell a ton of single carded deluxe figures at 35 or how about making people buy 6-7 figures for 22 bucks a piece.

Makes good business sense and dollars. Ha. Just hope you actually ge a couple of figs in the wave that you would have bought anyway. Makes it more palatable. 

On 7/9/2021 at 2:17 AM, LordVenger said:

Makes good business sense and dollars. Ha. Just hope you actually ge a couple of figs in the wave that you would have bought anyway. Makes it more palatable. 

Yeah exactly and judging from what we saw from the Far from Home wave, I'm not moved, sure maybe I'd buy a weird black and gold suit spidey, but so far after 4 figures they showed us,, I could only hope that at least 2-3 more of those are at least comic figures, but hey they got me, I'd probably buy the whole damn wave if it was a new Rhino, ugh... see they won already with me.

On 7/9/2021 at 1:19 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah exactly and judging from what we saw from the Far from Home wave, I'm not moved, sure maybe I'd buy a weird black and gold suit spidey, but so far after 4 figures they showed us,, I could only hope that at least 2-3 more of those are at least comic figures, but hey they got me, I'd probably buy the whole damn wave if it was a new Rhino, ugh... see they won already with me.

It’s a trap!  Lol

On 7/9/2021 at 2:26 AM, LordVenger said:

It’s a trap!  Lol

spacer.png'

Ackbar was always right, you learned well, and of course it is, and they damn well know it

spacer.png when it wasn't a damn trap.. why did we have to get old and get money, if they were still selling figures to 7 year old us, we'd be safe.

😂

On 7/9/2021 at 1:31 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

spacer.png'

Ackbar was always right, you learned well, and of course it is, and they damn well know it

spacer.png when it wasn't a damn trap.. why did we have to get old and get money, if they were still selling figures to 7 year old us, we'd be safe.

😂

Lol. Oh but according to them they are still selling to 7 year olds. Just ask em. They will tell you it’s a kids line. They still claiming 80% of these figs go to kids. 

On 7/9/2021 at 8:02 AM, LordVenger said:

Lol. Oh but according to them they are still selling to 7 year olds. Just ask em. They will tell you it’s a kids line. They still claiming 80% of these figs go to kids. 

Same with Transformers Generations; the collectors line for Transformers. According to Hasbro the main buyers of Generations are kids, in the 8 -12 year oid bracket.

On 7/9/2021 at 2:36 AM, leokearon said:

Same with Transformers Generations; the collectors line for Transformers. According to Hasbro the main buyers of Generations are kids, in the 8 -12 year oid bracket.

Yea. I would need to see actual sold item data on that and I’m pretty sure they don’t have anyone standing at the checkout line asking people who they are buying the fig for. At least I have never experienced such. And that is my problem with their stance on the issue. Now they can say that they are designed to go to kids but I will need actual scientific data to prove the claim that they are 80% sold to kids. Sometimes intentions don’t match reality. 

On 7/8/2021 at 10:42 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

It's a movie wave, a Spider-Man movie wave on top of that, it's pretty much guaranteed to sell with or without a high-profile BAF. Personally I'm still betting on a MCU Spider-Slayer being the BAF, but only time will tell. Maybe we'll find out after the first trailer.

On 7/9/2021 at 8:51 PM, Ironspider428 said:

It's a movie wave, a Spider-Man movie wave on top of that, it's pretty much guaranteed to sell with or without a high-profile BAF. Personally I'm still betting on a MCU Spider-Slayer being the BAF, but only time will tell. Maybe we'll find out after the first trailer.

Shang- Chi and eternals are also movie waves and this picture tells it all. But I give you the point on it is Spider-Man so obviously that means a lot. But you never know. 

44426725-CC53-4873-8D65-928A05651837.jpeg

Shang-Chi and the Eternals aren't known properties to the mainstream public, so trying to compare the sales of merchandise from them vs. a hotly anticipated Spider-Man movie doesn't really follow.  The first Marvel Spider-Man movie did 880 million. The sequel did over a billion. I know many of the posters on this board are older collectors who prefer classic comic figures, but you're dreaming if you think a Spider-Man movie merch isn't going to sell. 

On 7/9/2021 at 10:53 PM, watanabefan said:

Shang-Chi and the Eternals aren't known properties to the mainstream public, so trying to compare the sales of merchandise from them vs. a hotly anticipated Spider-Man movie doesn't really follow.  The first Marvel Spider-Man movie did 880 million. The sequel did over a billion. I know many of the posters on this board are older collectors who prefer classic comic figures, but you're dreaming if you think a Spider-Man movie merch isn't going to sell. 

That’s clearly why I specifically said 

On 7/9/2021 at 10:19 PM, LordVenger said:

on it is Spider-Man so obviously that means a lot.

But his first point was that it was just a movie wave suggesting that it makes them automatic sellers. Then he followed by it’s Spider-Man on top of that. Did you read the posts? 

On 7/9/2021 at 11:02 PM, LordVenger said:

That’s clearly why I specifically said 

But his first point was that it was just a movie wave suggesting that it makes them automatic sellers. Then he followed by it’s Spider-Man on top of that. Did you read the posts? 

I did. Hence opening with the Eternals and Shang-Chi not being a reliable indicator of demand for movie figures when neither movie is actually out and the general audience as of yet has zero familiarity with the properties.

I’m not sure I would draw any conclusions based on Shang-chi wave, since it not only contains heretofore unknown characters but also came out months before the movie release due to COVID related issues. So showing a picture of Katy on clearance like that is some sort of slam-dunk, case-closed argument (“this picture tells it all!”) against mcu figures seems a bit misleading 

On 7/14/2021 at 1:05 PM, Ironspider428 said:

So I guess the ML version is accurate? Provided this HT is real. If it is, I’m really hoping both ML versions come with some magic effects and that maybe this suit comes with alternate forearms.

Looks like it is. Though we wouldn't really know until the movie comes out.

• 4 weeks later...
The official reveal for the next Spider-Man themed Marvel Legends wave will soon be upon us, as in the end of this month. So we thought we would recap what we know about this wave as well as what we think we know or kind of know. So first what we know for sure. The wave will have 7 figures in it and 1 Build-A-Figure. 5 of the regular release figures are based on the MCU, 1 is a Gamerverse based figure and the final regular release one is comic book based. We have no idea what the Build-A-Figure for this wave will be based on.

Last month Hasbro officially revealed 4 of the 5 MCU based figures from the new No Way Home movie which will with include Integrated Suit Spider-Man, J. Jonah Jameson, Doctor Strange and Black & Gold Suit Spider-Man. That leaves one remaining MCU based figure for the wave which at this time we have no info on. Since the official reveal should be coming later this month, I don't expect it to be something that would contain a Spoiler for No Way Home. I can't even say it will be based on the new movie. It's possible that it could be based on one of the already released Spider-Man movies. We already know Hasbro is giving us a new Spider-Man Homecoming Deluxe Vulture figure which will be released at Target stores.

For the Gamerverse figure, based on listings that had popped up briefly on Amazon Australia, we are pretty sure it will be a Miles Morales figure from the new PS5 game. It will likely use the same mold as the recently announced Translucent version.

For the comic book based figure, we are gussing. Based on the "hand" clue given earlier this week by Hasbro during their live-stream, we are thinking it will be a figure of the character known as Morlun. The 6 dot pattern on the hand shown in the live-stream is almost an exact match to what has been shown in the comics for that character. Since the official reveal is coming later this month it would make sense they would go on and tease it.

So there you have it. As I say we should know for sure if this is how the wave pans out by end of this month. Likely during the final week of the month. I don't yet know if Hasbro will be holding a second live-stream for Marvel Legends in August, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

Spider-Man-Wave-01.jpg

Spider-Man-Wave-02.jpg

Spider-Man-Wave-03.jpg

Spider-Man-Wave-04.jpg

Spider-Man-Wave-05.jpg

Spider-Man-Wave-06.jpg

Spider-Man-Wave-07.jpg

Spider-Man-Wave-08.jpg

Spider-Man-Wave-09.jpg

I'm not a huge Spider-Man fan but this wave looks pretty promising.  At the very least, I'll pick up JJJ and the Dr. Strange (who has been severely under-represented in ML for years).  

How good the wave sells will largely be dependent upon how good the movie is.  Far From Home was pretty awful and the only figure that sold well there was Mysterio.