What Spider-Man Themed Marvel Legends Figures Might We See Later This Year?

JayC

On 8/12/2021 at 8:03 PM, cbwilk said:

You really think they're going to release a movie without a trailer? That just makes no sense. They're gonna be the first movie in history to not have a trailer? I would be happy to take bets on this.

Fiege said they weren't. And while Fiege word isn't law (look at what happened to Black Widow), He usually has the final say.

One thing to keep in mind is that Hollywood as a whole right now is very antsy after seeing Black Widow underperform. It used to be that an MCU movie was the closest thing to a guaranteed hit, but it's clear that the COVID situation has not subsided as much as the industry hoped. So just today we got news Sony is delaying Venom 2, and I wouldn't be shocked if they're holding off on releasing the Spider-Man trailer because they're not sure it's gonna hit it's current December release date. Promotional campaigns are expensive and they may be wary of having to redo again and again due to the release date shifting, which wound up happening with several big 2020 movies that wound up being pushed to this year.

On 8/12/2021 at 3:05 PM, tarot said:

Fiege said they weren't. And while Fiege word isn't law (look at what happened to Black Widow), He usually has the final say.

Except Spider-Man: No Way Home is a Sony movie and Kevin doesn't work for them. The Marvel Studios team collaborates with them on the creative end, but Sony decides on how and when the movie will be distributed. 

On 8/11/2021 at 2:51 PM, Atlantis said:

No, the monsters boxset is something I've been pushing for over a year now on this forum. Its not rumored or even thought about anywhere else.....I'd love to think though, that dropping hints like this will catch the ear of the Legends team. 

Most of these would require newish re-tooling, but I think most fans would agree, it'd be worth it. And yeah, making it a box set and something found on Pulse would allow them to go all out- a succubus's body, a Werewolf with a moveable jaw and lots of sharp white teeth, the hints of a rotted corpse behind filth ridden mummy wrappings, Dracula made as if Gene Colan willed him off the page....if they do it right, fans will be on this like flies on sh1t. I'm telling you right now, fans that never even heard of Marvel's monsters will want this. Hasbro Legends are sitting on facking gold here.  

And the topper.....don't even pre-announce it!. October rolls in and bam, its just there. 

100% yes. They could even do a rollout of reveals like they did with the Wolverine set, first 6 days of October, then preorder that ships on the 31st. Or better yet, preorder ships the week before so we have it in hand on Halloween. The Jada and Neca monsters are a good point, I can't imagine Hasbro wouldn't try and capitalize on that. 

On 8/12/2021 at 8:24 PM, Ironspider428 said:

100% yes. They could even do a rollout of reveals like they did with the Wolverine set, first 6 days of October, then preorder that ships on the 31st. Or better yet, preorder ships the week before so we have it in hand on Halloween. The Jada and Neca monsters are a good point, I can't imagine Hasbro wouldn't try and capitalize on that. 

Capitalize on something they already have! Is this not tailor-made for their Pulse site?? Its a specialty, self-contained corner of the Marvel 'verse that, if made right, is gonna generate a treasure chest for these guys. You can hear the fans saying it- "Shut up and Just Take My Money"!

Well this story about the next wave of Spider-Man themed Marvel Legends figures which will be officially revealed by the end of this month keeps evolving.

We originally reported that the wave would contain No Way Home movie figures of Integrated Suit Spider-Man, J. Jonah Jameson, Doctor Strange and Black & Gold Suit Spider-Man as well as a Gamerverse PS5 Miles Morales and comic book based Morlun.

Then yesterday we updated you to the news that the folks at Fwoosh chimed in stating the 7th regular release figure in the wave would be a comic book based Shriek.

That still left the unknown Build-A-Figure for the wave. Well now the folks at Marvel Legends México Oficial chimed in with word that the Build-A-Figure for this wave will be some type of Spider-Slayer figure. There have been many different Spider-Slayers portrayed over the years, so its unclear which version this would be. It might even be the Alistair Smythe version that first appeared in the Fox Spider-Man Animated Series.

Marvel Legends México Oficial actually first reported this back in March, and while we have no way of confirming whether their info is true at this time, they were the first to report on the Fantastic Four Retro cardback wave containing the High Evolutionary and Psycho Man figures.

Again all should be fully revealed by the last week of August, but for now we'd love to hear your thoughts, is this a wave you would want to add to your collection?

Spider-Man-Wave-00.jpg

SpiderSlayers.jpg

Well if not one figure of the wave, but now also the BAF isn't MCU based, you gotta think that they won't take any chance with spoilers. I think it is a decent decision and probably for the best, even though I think that mixed waves isn't really for the best. But anyway this is a whole topic on it's own, so I won't say anything else about it. 

I'd definitely buy Morlun and Shriek figures, but the rest of this wave looks super weak - so I'm actually hoping it doesn't have a BAF that I'd want like a Spider-Slayer. I really don't want to buy the other figures for this wave.

On 3/10/2021 at 11:16 AM, RyanDaly said:

Possible SPOILERS for Spider-Man: No Way Home 

There have been rumors going around of months that the movie will include some dimension-crossing hijinks and both Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield's version of Spider-Man will appear. This could account for so many movie figures in the wave if three of them are alternate Spider-Mans, and it would confirm the other rumor going around that Hasbro is making a Raimi-verse Spider-Man for the Marvel Legends. 

I think @RyanDalyhit this right on the head. This No Way Home movie is gonna be opening up a whole new can of worms we never saw coming. I'm not a big fan of all this crossing universes thing. It's like the next fad, like time travel was in the 80's. We can change things, we can fix things, we can act like something never happened. To me it's like a Mulligan card to back out older stuff rather than to create new stuff. Just leave those older movies alone, especially since the best Peter, Garfield IMHO, got the bad end of the deal due to bad story and casting, and design, etc. That being said, with the vast improvement of ML, especially in regards to movie figures, I would be 100 percent lying if I said I wasn't interested in getting an updated Maguire or Garfield Spidey figure, even updated versions of MJ and Gwen, and that's coming from a mostly non-MCU fan. Those could actually be done as exclusives or 2 packs. Put some kind of celebratory spin on it, like 20 Years Anniversary or Legacy Line or something like that, overcharge for the glossy spot varnish and pretty pictures on the box and call it a day, but I think they won't though. I bet there's a good chance they make it into upcoming waves, and it's not like there's any spoilers involved. We already know the suits, we already know the faces, we're just revisiting them.

Aside from that I would love a comic Iron Spider, Armored Spidey, Shadowland DD, Echo, Tarantula, Cardiac or Solo. Therese so many frontrunners like Carrion or Swarm, but all we keep getting are movie figures and weird Gamerverse figures. The Spider-Man line still has a ton of gas in the tank, but as long as there are a minimum of 3 versions of Spider-Man in every wave, whether it be MCU, Gamerverse, Animated, or other) it's gonna take a very long time to get where we're going. I understand Movie figures are necessary, but I just don't see the need for Gamerverse or Animated figures, at least not in the main line. Is there really that much demand for them? The GV figures seem to only appeal to a very small niche crowd and Animated figures seem to appeal to a much younger audience where a 5" standard line, which they already do, should suffice.

I dunno, I think the main 6" line keeps getting more and more convoluted and all those comic figures that are in need of being done just keep getting farther and farther away.

On 8/13/2021 at 2:11 PM, MonsterChris said:

Hasbro's been leaning pretty hard into the 90s lately.  While I would hope they would do something a little more classic out of the gate (personal vote is for the mark I), I feel like the alien version from "Invasion of the Spider-Slayers" isn't unlikely.

alien-spider-slayer-comics.thumb.png.92014236de3124a472ccf110b8fad3a9.png

I would love the Alien Spider-Slayer. I was a figure I wanted when I was a kid but never saw.

Depending on the version of the Spider Slayer I might get the wave.  So far the possible Shriek and Morlun figures are the only draws for me.  But if it's a great Spider Slayer, I could definitely see myself picking this wave up.

On 8/13/2021 at 9:11 AM, MonsterChris said:

Hasbro's been leaning pretty hard into the 90s lately.  While I would hope they would do something a little more classic out of the gate (personal vote is for the mark I), I feel like the alien version from "Invasion of the Spider-Slayers" isn't unlikely.

I'd be all in for this one, I remember having the old ToyBiz Spidey Animated figure.  

On 8/13/2021 at 6:37 AM, monron999 said:

It's like the next fad, like time travel was in the 80's.  

I mean, if you're going by the comic books, the multiverse stories have existed for decades.  Since long before any MCU or X-Men movies were released, long before any of the Spider-Man movies and so on.  It's a predominant storyline that allowed them to create amazing books they wouldn't have been able to otherwise.  It proceeded the 80's, though I can't really think of many movies that featured the time travel element then other than the Back to the Future series.  It's recent decades that have over-used time travel as a plot device not the 80's.

But I digress.  Just because this 50 your old enormous over-arcing plot has finally made it to a couple of movies, doesn't make it a fad.  It's a thousand books in the making with some awesome stories that we finally get to see on the big screen and will probably be a predominant fixture in the MCU forever.  Bring on Kang and the next 10 years of awesomeness!  

On 8/13/2021 at 6:11 AM, MonsterChris said:

Definitely my preferred look. We need a classic look and Alastair also at some point.