What was/is the most shocking price hike for a Legend?

Dabboi

Basically, which unlikely Legend figure shot up in value to an extreme amount?

For me, It's the Apocalypse BAF wave Gladiator. I know he was in an SDCC boxset before, but so were Brother Voodoo and Magik, and they're both fairly average in price. No offense to Kallark, but it's not like he's a well-known character.

I want a complete Apocalypse, but I don't want to pay 70 bucks for just the head.

52 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Monica Rambeau’s figure from the A-Force box set seems to have shot up to $100 or more; that surprised me

seens like that  iceman figure from the retro wave that was marked down heavily at one point is up to $30 or so now that firestar has a figure 

Wow, I am glad I grabbed her when I had the chance.

33 minutes ago, MagnaPrime said:

I'm going to lean toward the ghost rider, riders figure.  Last one I saw was going for $125

wow, you're right. and that seems like the low end, some sellers looking for like $250.  yikes. never realized some of the figures i've bought have appreciated in value so much... of course few of mine are in box or in mint condition

3 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

I'm going to lean toward the ghost rider, riders figure.  Last one I saw was going for $125

Yep I have was trying that figure roughly after the time it came out and was going on sale and bam never was available and now it's price is ridiculous. Kills me.

3 hours ago, SUPREME007 said:

Yep I have was trying that figure roughly after the time it came out and was going on sale and bam never was available and now it's price is ridiculous. Kills me.

Yeah that GR was really hard to come by here in Canada, it pretty much came and went, and now goes for a crazy price. I do kind of understand why it's in such high demand, it is the most definitive GR we have gotten thus far. 

Some crazy price hike figure that I'm shocked about is, Superior Venom, he's not even a classic or very known look, he barely was in the comics, yet that figure goes for big bucks.

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah that GR was really hard to come by here in Canada, it pretty much came and went, and now goes for a crazy price. I do kind of understand why it's in such high demand, it is the most definitive GR we have gotten thus far. 

Some crazy price hike figure that I'm shocked about is, Superior Venom, he's not even a classic or very known look, he barely was in the comics, yet that figure goes for big bucks.

Here in the States, alot of the symbiotes skyrocket. Lasher was expensive last I looked, pretty much any Spidey related character explodes in price

6 hours ago, Dabboi said:

Here in the States, alot of the symbiotes skyrocket. Lasher was expensive last I looked, pretty much any Spidey related character explodes in price

Yeah of course I mean I do understand that, the Spidey completionists are a crazy bunch, I also understand the Symbiote craze, I am one of those on that Symbiote train, but even I feel like Superior venom is probably one of the lesser important symbiotes, and Yes Lasher is another one indeed who comands high prices, I get that he was part of a sought after wave and intergral in putting together the life foundation symbiotes, it's too bad hes on a terriblly in accurate buck.

Oddly, with the exception of boxset exclusives and Silk, most female characters tend to not skyrocket as high as the male ones. Just a weird correlation.

Like even older figures like the Allfather Captain Marvel or the Thanos Spider-Woman seem to sit in $35-$50 range, which isn't too ridiculous.

Gladiator's only expensive because of the Apocalypse piece, though. He's usually cheap loose, without BAF piece. He suffers from nobody-bought-him-originally-but-everyone-wants-his-BAF-piece-now syndrome (NBHOBEWHBAFPN syndrome), so there just aren't a lot of them around to be had.

For X-Men, women tend to skyrocket much more severely than men normally. Other than Gladiator, the only figures I remember getting to ludicrous prices were NOW Storm, Rogue, Psylocke, Dani Moonstar, etc.

Even tho this isn't a ridiculous price hike the bishop with baf piece in the saurin wave sits around 40 to 50ish. And I'm just so pist I could not find him during time of release and I did not order online. Because I waited for a sale which happened to all the figures in the wave except omega red thankfully I preorded him. But bishop just doubled in price and the baf piece which I need to complete Sauron costs like 20ish by itself. And I just cant bring myself to pay dumbass price. And I could never pay that bishop scalper price since I have a feud with that terrible hyperion mold.

8 hours ago, Benn said:

For X-Men, women tend to skyrocket much more severely than men normally. Other than Gladiator, the only figures I remember getting to ludicrous prices were NOW Storm, Rogue, Psylocke, Dani Moonstar, etc.

I completely forgot about everyone of those; Rogue was crazy for awhile (she might still be). I know the reissue is above retail. I remember Dani shooting up to like 60 bucks when she first came out, so I just quit looking for her, since I'd want three.

4 hours ago, SUPREME007 said:

Also, the juggernaut colossus two pack surged a while back to like 100 and change but it has gone back to around 80. Shiz just looked it up for a refresher BBTS has it on for preorder, what a coincidence.

Yep considering going the bbts route just because it's the only way I might get that colossus for anything close to reasonable

1 hour ago, MagnaPrime said:

Yep considering going the bbts route just because it's the only way I might get that colossus for anything close to reasonable

Yeah I'm still on fence about it like I really want it but then I have gone like two years since the release without maybe I can wait for something better, which may never come, idk.

Yeah, I was about to say that the Colossus two-pack is getting a reprint in June, and the Sauron wave just got a reprint last month. My store literally had Bishop in stock a week ago at around retail pricing, and we can still get the wave (but I probably won't unless we sell some of the X-Men costume Deadpools first).

On 3/14/2021 at 7:52 PM, SpiderS said:

I remember time when ML Rogue was just 16$ on Amazon. 

Yeah the whole Rogue thing I got (but also didn't man..you peeps would pay 150 and up for her), yeah she's high importance to anyone building an X-Men team, but man when she came out she was warming pegs, I even got her on sale for 20 bucks (thats 10 bucks off retail in canada), you couldn't seem to get rid of her.

I have not payed much attention to it all , but I just hope every body who wanted her got her when the just recently re-released her and the people are happy, because 200 or what not for Rogue is a robbery, since nobody needed a crystal ball to predict she'd be re-released eventually.

The Cyclops / Phoenix 2 pack is near $200 depending on the seller. The Target exclusive Retro Rogue I never saw in stores but online I’ve noticed that she is pushing $60

The recent Children of Thanos Amazon set is over $200 now, up from $130 ish I think. I bought two on the day they were on pre order and now I’m glad I didn’t wait for them to go on clearance, seems now they might not

On 3/16/2021 at 9:48 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah the whole Rogue thing I got (but also didn't man..you peeps would pay 150 and up for her), yeah she's high importance to anyone building an X-Men team, but man when she came out she was warming pegs, I even got her on sale for 20 bucks (thats 10 bucks off retail in canada), you couldn't seem to get rid of her.

I have not payed much attention to it all , but I just hope every body who wanted her got her when the just recently re-released her and the people are happy, because 200 or what not for Rogue is a robbery, since nobody needed a crystal ball to predict she'd be re-released eventually.

Yeah this whole from pegwarmer to one of the most expensive figures in line phenomenon is very weird.

On 3/16/2021 at 4:10 PM, McHogan said:

The Cyclops / Phoenix 2 pack is near $200 depending on the seller. The Target exclusive Retro Rogue I never saw in stores but online I’ve noticed that she is pushing $60

The recent Children of Thanos Amazon set is over $200 now, up from $130 ish I think. I bought two on the day they were on pre order and now I’m glad I didn’t wait for them to go on clearance, seems now they might not

The Children of Thanos set is more like $250+ now... Amazon used to be dependable for having a good supply of their exclusives, but it has been less-consistent lately. I cancelled my pre-order for the burned Deadpool, figuring I'd just pick it up in the future, when I had a little more extra spending cash, but it's now out of stock. I waited on the Children of Thanos set, figuring it would be available for a few months, at least, and maybe I'd get it at a slight discount, but that didn't happen. I'm reeeeeeeeeally happy that I just managed to snag one in a damaged box for about $125.00

The Mark 85 Iron Man from the Bro-Thor wave is hitting as much as $70.00 in the package on ebay. I'm guessing that will drop with the presumably upcoming 2-pack with Thanos, but, dang.

On 3/18/2021 at 2:48 AM, Dabboi said:

How long until the Cull Obsidian Wasp figure becomes sought after?

Now that would be something. In my area I can still go buy a dozen of that figure at any time.

which I don’t really get TBH.. not like she isn’t a well made figure. In fact she is an incredible figure. Seems many that fit the peg warmer classification are the cheap and easy repaints, not a figure with that much original tooling and an actor accurate head sculpt ( which is spot on)

i know it comes down to her and Ant Man I believe being 2 per so everyone found her easy ...

On 3/19/2021 at 2:01 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

The Children of Thanos set is more like $250+ now... Amazon used to be dependable for having a good supply of their exclusives, but it has been less-consistent lately. I cancelled my pre-order for the burned Deadpool, figuring I'd just pick it up in the future, when I had a little more extra spending cash, but it's now out of stock. I waited on the Children of Thanos set, figuring it would be available for a few months, at least, and maybe I'd get it at a slight discount, but that didn't happen. I'm reeeeeeeeeally happy that I just managed to snag one in a damaged box for about $125.00

The Mark 85 Iron Man from the Bro-Thor wave is hitting as much as $70.00 in the package on ebay. I'm guessing that will drop with the presumably upcoming 2-pack with Thanos, but, dang.

Hmm I wonder if that means there won’t be a 2nd release of this box set?

this one was a double edged sword. I know many were peeved that Hasbro re-released these figures but on the plus side the box set versions were far superior. 

I had no choice but to get this set 😁. My main focus is the MCU and I could not abide that a far inferior figure was representing these characters on my shelf..