What was/is the most shocking price hike for a Legend?

Dabboi

On 3/19/2021 at 2:01 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

The Children of Thanos set is more like $250+ now... Amazon used to be dependable for having a good supply of their exclusives, but it has been less-consistent lately. I cancelled my pre-order for the burned Deadpool, figuring I'd just pick it up in the future, when I had a little more extra spending cash, but it's now out of stock. I waited on the Children of Thanos set, figuring it would be available for a few months, at least, and maybe I'd get it at a slight discount, but that didn't happen. I'm reeeeeeeeeally happy that I just managed to snag one in a damaged box for about $125.00

The Mark 85 Iron Man from the Bro-Thor wave is hitting as much as $70.00 in the package on ebay. I'm guessing that will drop with the presumably upcoming 2-pack with Thanos, but, dang.

Was just checking on the Amazon Deadpool, he is up around $60-70. Guess the lesson here is even if you aren’t sure you’d Best Buy it when it is still in preorder or these suckers will price themselves right out of your range,... 

dang this figure was literally just released.. how the heck is it so much $$$ already?!? crazy...

On 3/21/2021 at 6:59 PM, Atlantis said:

I've seen the jubilee wave Storm up as high as $300+ on Amazon. 

Oh yeah that whole wave is priced insane, but I guess that lends itself to being a TRU exclusive wave, that whole wave has always been extremely high priced, and really none of the characters except Stryfe are important to any collection (inless you are a completionist)

I've seen that whole wave regularly going for like 800 bucks, Price hike insanity

on a more recent note I've realized that the Venompool wave is going for pretty hefty prices, I keep seeing the wave selling for 500+ , I think probably because it's been the worst distributed wave since Endgame 3.

On 3/22/2021 at 10:33 PM, McHogan said:

Was just checking on the Amazon Deadpool, he is up around $60-70. Guess the lesson here is even if you aren’t sure you’d Best Buy it when it is still in preorder or these suckers will price themselves right out of your range,... 

dang this figure was literally just released.. how the heck is it so much $$$ already?!? crazy...

Fortunately, they opened up pre-orders for more of him, with a late-April shipping date, so I ordered one, and won't cancel!

21 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh yeah that whole wave is priced insane, but I guess that lends itself to being a TRU exclusive wave, that whole wave has always been extremely high priced, and really none of the characters except Stryfe are important to any collection (inless you are a completionist)

I've seen that whole wave regularly going for like 800 bucks, Price hike insanity

on a more recent note I've realized that the Venompool wave is going for pretty hefty prices, I keep seeing the wave selling for 500+ , I think probably because it's been the worst distributed wave since Endgame 3.

Oddly, I saw a ton of the Venompool wave at one heavy-traffic Walgreen's a couple of months ago- by far the most I've seen of that wave. Weird mix, too- I think they had, maybe one Morbius, and something like 8-10 of Carnage. Besides Walgreen's, though, I think my only in-person sighting of that wave was several Miles and Gwen at my nearby Target prior to Christmas. That Bro-Thor wave had terrible distribution at brick and mortar. 

The Jubilee BAF wave was very poorly distributed. Besides being a TRU exclusive, it was also sold by BigBadToyStore. Unfortunately, Hasbro cut back their allotment well below what they thought they were getting, and they had to cancel a lot of pre-orders. I ordered my case very early, and was very fortunate to get it. It didn't show up in massive amounts at TRU, so I don't know what exactly happened there. A Retro Legends release of Stryfe on a ToyBiz card with a big ol' mace would be a good move on Hasbro's part.

40 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Fortunately, they opened up pre-orders for more of him, with a late-April shipping date, so I ordered one, and won't cancel!

Oddly, I saw a ton of the Venompool wave at one heavy-traffic Walgreen's a couple of months ago- by far the most I've seen of that wave. Weird mix, too- I think they had, maybe one Morbius, and something like 8-10 of Carnage. Besides Walgreen's, though, I think my only in-person sighting of that wave was several Miles and Gwen at my nearby Target prior to Christmas. That Bro-Thor wave had terrible distribution at brick and mortar. 

The Jubilee BAF wave was very poorly distributed. Besides being a TRU exclusive, it was also sold by BigBadToyStore. Unfortunately, Hasbro cut back their allotment well below what they thought they were getting, and they had to cancel a lot of pre-orders. I ordered my case very early, and was very fortunate to get it. It didn't show up in massive amounts at TRU, so I don't know what exactly happened there. A Retro Legends release of Stryfe on a ToyBiz card with a big ol' mace would be a good move on Hasbro's part.

I still have only ever seen 1 Venompool wave figure in the wild and it was at 1 store, and it was Morbius, I pre-ordered the wave back when it was listed, and I'm still waiting for my pre-order, that's how bad this wave is. I have been in contact with several store owners here in Canada, barely anyone saw this wave, most of the Canadian toy shops are still waiting for that Venompool wave.

Yeah I remember when the Jubilee wave came out, I think once I saw Stryfe and once Wolverine, I am still kicking myself for passing on Stryfe. I agree we need to get a new Stryfe release and on vintage card would be perfect.

4 hours ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

I did see DP2 is back at its original price. Wondering again if the children of Thanos set will get another release?

Just did a quick eBay search of sold items for the Tiger-Stripe Wolverine from the Apocalypse wave (because I picked one up right before X-Mas at MSRP from a comic book store). 

I don't know if this is legit:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Legends-WOLVERINE-TIGER-STRIPE-ACTION-FIGURE-BAF-Apocalypse/302831712693?epid=20034782486&hash=item46822d39b5:g:Q6QAAOSwlBZbZfwJ

But if it isn't, he's been fetching $50 in other completed auctions.

16 hours ago, michiganjfrog said:

i get bummed out everytime i check what the fin fang foom wave sells for lol...i had the entire set and sold them. its hands down my biggest ML regret. at the time i couldnt bring myself to open them and build FFF, but now i think of how cool it would be to display 

Almost as bad as having that set and a completed Fin Fang Foom then having my dog chew it up. It’s not a complete loss , mostly just got the wings but makes me sick looking at battle damaged FFF 😁

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2021 at 5:53 PM, McHogan said:

Almost as bad as having that set and a completed Fin Fang Foom then having my dog chew it up. It’s not a complete loss , mostly just got the wings but makes me sick looking at battle damaged FFF 😁

Aw man thats a rough go, I never saw that Wave in a store, but mind you at the time I wasn't really buying Legends, and had long been on the Select train

I however have for the longest time just gone with the Old Iron Man toybiz foom figure as my foom, I still love the way it looks despite being undersized and kinda goofy.

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Aw man thats a rough go, I never saw that Wave in a store, but mind you at the time I wasn't really buying Legends, and had long been on the Select train

I however have for the longest time just gone with the Old Iron Man toybiz foom figure as my foom, I still love the way it looks despite being undersized and kinda goofy.

spacer.png

Still have him and his two friends. Can't wait to have the Modular Armour fight them 

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

Still have him and his two friends. Can't wait to have the Modular Armour fight them 

Oh I'm actually really jealous you have Argent and Aureus, I was trying to track those 2 down for some time. I got lucky once on Argent but didn't pull the trigger, regretted it, and now I'm just eh guess I don't have em.

52 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh I'm actually really jealous you have Argent and Aureus, I was trying to track those 2 down for some time. I got lucky once on Argent but didn't pull the trigger, regretted it, and now I'm just eh guess I don't have em.

I've had all three since I was a kid, really happy with them

Not sure if anyone's brought this one up.  But recently I've been trying to track down a comic Red Guardian, and I remember seeing that thing peg warm, picking it up for around $12 at some point (but later parting with it for space reasons), and now it's above $50 sealed.  

It might not be the biggest price hike, but it shocked me.

38 minutes ago, greenlucario said:

Not sure if anyone's brought this one up.  But recently I've been trying to track down a comic Red Guardian, and I remember seeing that thing peg warm, picking it up for around $12 at some point (but later parting with it for space reasons), and now it's above $50 sealed.  

I imagine the Shang-Chi will go the same route, I'd recommend everyone pick that up sooner than later

2 hours ago, greenlucario said:

The reveals of the rest of his team in that Iron Man wave have made him a much hotter commodity than he was just a couple months ago. I picked mine up from an LCS for $9 like two months ago just to have because I'd like to get the whole Future Fight roster on my shelf one day, and it's kinda nuts how quickly the price has changed overnight. 

Maybe they'll get around to doing his older Vanguard design just to get another take on the character out one day. 

On 4/23/2021 at 6:31 PM, Dabboi said:

I imagine the Shang-Chi will go the same route, I'd recommend everyone pick that up sooner than later

I don't doubt it, it's already a great figure, a little MCU star power will sky rocket that thing.

On 4/23/2021 at 8:07 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

The reveals of the rest of his team in that Iron Man wave have made him a much hotter commodity than he was just a couple months ago. I picked mine up from an LCS for $9 like two months ago just to have because I'd like to get the whole Future Fight roster on my shelf one day, and it's kinda nuts how quickly the price has changed overnight. 

Maybe they'll get around to doing his older Vanguard design just to get another take on the character out one day. 

Yeah, I know that's why I came to regret not having him anymore, I'm sure I'm not alone in that.  Nice score on the price though.