X-Men: House Of X Marvel Legends Tri-Sentinel Build-A-Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

ShartimusPrime takes a look at the new X-Men: House Of X Marvel Legends Tri-Sentinel Build-A-Figure from Hasbro. The figures in the wave to complete the Build-A-Figure includes Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Professor X, Magneto, Omega Sentinel and Moira MacTaggert .

You can purchase the wave with this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Tri-Sentinel-01.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-02.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-03.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-04.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-05.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-06.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-07.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-08.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-09.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-10.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-11.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-12.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-13.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-14.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-15.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-16.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-17.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-18.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-19.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-20.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-21.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-23.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-24.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-25.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-26.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-27.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-28.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-29.JPG

Tri-Sentinel-30.JPG

Theta Sentinel is fantastic. The wave itself could have been so much better with just a little more attention to detail on the figures. While I personally had no desire to see this particular outfit of Marvel Girl's, its so basic and simple, its bizarre how they messed her up. If I were doing this ranking, frankly I'd put Marvel Girl at the bottom of the list.

I really like this Theta Tri-Sentinel a whole lot more than I expected that I was going to. When it was first revealed, I didn't think much of it. I was wrong. For me, the Theta, Moira and Karima are my favorites of the wave. I'm keeping the Marvel Girl because I foolishly sold an older version that I liked better. I plan on turning the Prof X figure into the Maker. I still hope to pick up a 2nd Moira for customizing also. Skipped on Wolverine. Haven't decided if I'll keep Cyclops and Magneto yet, but got them for the BAF parts.

This is not any sorta BAF that most of us wanted, but it's not half bad. It looks to have zero parts common to the Sp//der BAF so it's completely original, but it just seems there are better characters the resources coulda been used for. I believe Madison Jeffries (Box) is part of the Krakoa community, isn't he? Though I'm not sure how much he's participated in the story or has even been shown in the books.

I'm buying this wave for the single figures. The BAF is just a well done, if a bit too obscure, extra.

1 hour ago, Inspection12e said:

Anyone having difficulties standing theirs?

I think it stands surprisingly well for its shape. I had mine in a bit of a wonky pose when I first got it, and it fell a couple times, but I adjusted the pose to make sure the feet were completely flat and the weight was well distributed, and it's stayed standing for about a month so far. Worst case scenario is you can put him in that crouching pose in the above photo. It's right out of one of the panels in the book.

It's actually never named at all in the story. None of the sentinels are, except Omega Sentinel, Nimrod the Lesser, and Nimrod the Greater. Where this "Theta Sentinel" business came from, I have no idea. It appears in Marvel's character database that way, though, so maybe it was a retroactive editorial naming?

26 minutes ago, Benn said:

It's actually never named at all in the story. None of the sentinels are, except Omega Sentinel, Nimrod the Lesser, and Nimrod the Greater. Where this "Theta Sentinel" business came from, I have no idea. It appears in Marvel's character database that way, though, so maybe it was a retroactive editorial naming?

I think the name came from the concept art.

1 minute ago, Atlantis said:

Its an impressive figure in that its well executed, has an excellent paint scheme, and is so unusual. I cant justify getting the whole wave for the BAF but it certainly is catching my eye.

It is unusaly maybe if I saw it on its own, I might be tempted to get it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...