New Avengers Endgame Marvel Legends Set Available For Pre-Order On Amazon

JayC

A new 6" Marvel Legends set has gone up for pre-order on Amazon.com.

The set is only listed as Marvel MVL Legends Infinity 10 AVN4 with a $59.99 price tag and an August 1, 2021 release date. While the set is currently available for actual pre-order, no other details or images have been provided.

Now you may recall we have told you about this listing before.. Being the set is actually being made available for actual purchase right now on a major retail website (I wonder how many people are willing to pre-order something like this totally sight unseen?), we thought we would go on and share a few more "Unofficially confirmed Rumored" details about this set that we have seen.

While I don't have any exact specifics, this set should be based on Avengers: Endgame and feature figures of LXXXV (Mark 85) and Thanos. This should be part of the new "Infinity Saga"

Marvel Legends sub-line we've mentioned a few different times is coming. I ASSUME with the $60 price tag the set will be decked out with accessories for Iron Man and Thanos. Whether it features the two with battle damage as they appeared at the end of the movie is unknown, though I wouldn't be surprised if the packaging isn't done in some way to recreate the two's final confrontation from the movie. Note the image below is for general REFERENCE ONLY.

Hopefully Hasbro and/or Amazon will release official images and or details on this set very soon, but again being it's now available for pre-order we thought we would give you some idea of what it is your actually getting if you choose to pre-order now. As always though, until Hasbro officially confirms we will treat this as RUMOR.

AV4-Marvel-Legends.jpg

40 minutes ago, Innershade said:

I believe that is a different item. Based on that listing it looks to be something from Iron Man 3 with a $50 US price.

36 minutes ago, JayC said:

I believe that is a different item. Based on that listing it looks to be something from Iron Man 3 with a $50 US price.

Lot of armors in Iron Man 3 they could choose from including possibly one of the bigger armors. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 2-pack with updated versions of the Mark XLII and Iron Patriot.

42 minutes ago, MagnaPrime said:

So preorders are going live before we know what's in them for sure?  This feels weird.

There’s a lot about this I find very interesting. It feels like a goof up on Amazon’s part that this is up for preorder. Also, it’s a “bestseller” on the site, which tells you all you need to know about the impact of FOMO on the Legends collector community, and how large said community truly is, because no casual fan is buying this without knowing what it is.

21 minutes ago, GreenwithNV said:

There’s a lot about this I find very interesting. It feels like a goof up on Amazon’s part that this is up for preorder. Also, it’s a “bestseller” on the site, which tells you all you need to know about the impact of FOMO on the Legends collector community, and how large said community truly is, because no casual fan is buying this without knowing what it is.

They probably did jump the gun on the pre-order. As for the "Bestseller" I dont put much stock in that. Seen plenty of things get that which I dont think really is selling in large numbers. There is def probably a lot of hits that page is currently getting which might have triggered that title.

That's just weird but I really hope the rumors are true and we're gonna get Iron Man mark 85 and Thanos. Both of these figures are out there but they both feel incomplete and for me the Thanos figure specifically is very bad for many reasons. For me if this turns out to be true I feel like its really great news. Let's atleast hope that after all this time Hasbro will give us some good Endgame stuff.

This puts me in a weird place. Of course, I'd buy that set, just for that iconic moment alone, but unseen? I think not. The bad thing is that once it is revealed it'll be most likely that many, if not all pre-orders will be sold on Amazon. Like @JohnFsays, these figures are already out their, but if their changed a little to reflect the movie scene or if they have a buncha extra accessories it might be a bummer if you missed out.

5 hours ago, JayC said:

I'm forgetting how euros translate to dollars, would that be $50 or $70? I guess it would be the difference between a 2-pack or a 3-pack. I'm hoping for Killian and one or 2 brand new sculpted armors from the HPP. 

Yeah we have seen this happen on Amazon before, infact the Nimrod 3 pack was up without a picture for some time, any ways a Mark 85 and (yet another!) MCU Thanos 2 pack sounds so boooring (IMO), so that's nice it would be an easy pass, I think that IM3 set should at least have Killian in it, MCU collectors need a Killian, it was crazy he hasn't been made, also wouldn't it be cool if that set had Mark 38 aka Igor, I'd probably buy that.

40 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah we have seen this happen on Amazon before, infact the Nimrod 3 pack was up without a picture for some time, any ways a Mark 85 and (yet another!) MCU Thanos 2 pack sounds so boooring (IMO), so that's nice it would be an easy pass, I think that IM3 set should at least have Killian in it, MCU collectors need a Killian, it was crazy he hasn't been made, also wouldn't it be cool if that set had Mark 38 aka Igor, I'd probably buy that.

I think if they do a battle-damaged snapping look plus an unmasked head for Tony and then retool the armored Thanos BAF, it would be well worth the price of admission. I'm hoping they at least give him some ankle pivot this time. Also yes, we really need a Killian. I'd honestly go for any newly sculpted armor from that movie, but Igor would be especially cool.

I'm very happy with the prospect of a new MK 85 figure, even if it means having to invest on a 2-pack featuring a version of Thanos I disliked. The first MK 85 was a bit of a letdown. Whatever Hasbro does for this release, please, and I mean please, don't screw up the arc reactor like last time. At this point I'm more concerned about the arc reactor than whether or not it comes with a Tony Stark head.

Based on what Hasbro has had a tendency to do in the past I don't have much faith that this thing is gonna be anything more than a few  repaint/reissues of previous IM armors with some minor aesthetic or paint deco changes. If it had a bit larger sticker price I might think it could be a Hall of Armors set, which would be mostly repaints and possibly, just possibly a new sculpted figure, such as the Heartbreaker armor or larger figure like the Igor armor as the centerpiece (similar to the Children of Thanos set).

I'm interested in seeing what this set is gonna be, but I'm not gonna set my sights to high. Chances are it'll be just a re-release of a set including Trevor and Pepper. TBH, that might be something some people are interested in because they are going for big money on bid sites.

Iron Man 3 indeed offers unlimited possibilities so it's true that we can't really guess. Knowing Hasbro though, the Mark 42 and Iron Patriot two pack with a few updates here and there sounds like a safe guess. However I really don't want them to do these specific figures, because they are just outdated and a repaint along with the addition of new accessories perhaps, wouldn't do the trick. I just really hope it's something completely new, even if it is an Igor (Mark 38) figure, which I personally don't like but it would definitely be-in my opinion-appreciated more by the majority of collectors. 

I don’t understand the constant whining about repaints and redecos.  They give us an opportunity to a) get a figure we wouldn’t normally get or b) give people who missed out on a figure a first time to get one or c) make a figure more comic or movie accurate. If you don’t like what Hasbro or any other company puts out just don’t buy it. With the massive costs of tooling and marketing repaints give us variety we wouldn’t normally have.