New Avengers Endgame Marvel Legends Set Available For Pre-Order On Amazon

JayC

40 minutes ago, RJ8 said:

I don’t understand the constant whining about repaints and redecos.  They give us an opportunity to a) get a figure we wouldn’t normally get or b) give people who missed out on a figure a first time to get one or c) make a figure more comic or movie accurate. If you don’t like what Hasbro or any other company puts out just don’t buy it. With the massive costs of tooling and marketing repaints give us variety we wouldn’t normally have. 

100% agreed. There’s a decent chunk of collectors who want to fill out their collections, so for them, knowing there are only so many waves, it’s a disappointment, which I get. But there are new collectors every day who Hasbro also has to cater to, and frankly if Hasbro wants to keep these new collectors they have to give them a reason to get sucked in, and that’s not going to be some obscure character

For the Iron Man 3 release, at this point I'd be happy getting just a handful of the Iron Legion suits. Silver Centurion, Shotgun and Heartbreaker would make a fun set.

If Hasbro had played it smart, by investing in a few new molds, they would have been able to milk them to infinity. Silver Centurion, Shotgun. Heartbreaker, the MK 7 and Striker only need a new coat of paint to be turned into Blue Steel, Shades, Tank, Midas and Gamma, respectively. And a lot of suits are a mix-and-match of parts from different armor. For example, using the upper half of the MK 7 with the legs of Heartbreaker would give us Python. A new torso with the legs of Heartbreaker and the arms of War Machine MK 2 would give us Casanova. And then Casanova with an arm from Striker would pass off as Fiddler. And so on.

If this Iron Man 3 release isn't Iron Legion suits, I would be content with a re-release of the MK 42 with better paintjob, better shoulders and interchangeable hands.

2021 is shaping up to be a BIG year for Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) based Marvel Legends. Not only should we be seeing two Disney+ themed waves as well as a wave of Eternals movie based figures. We also have a Spider-Man wave and Shang-Chi wave of figures that will see a mix of MCU and comic based stuff.

On top of all that we should also be seeing a new Marvel Legends sub-line released this year titled "The Infinity Saga". This for all intents and purposes should be a continuation of the MCU 10th Anniversary line Hasbro did a few years ago. From what we can tell the line will contain 10 different releases that will include a variety of things including single pack figures, deluxe type figures, 2-packs and what I guess would best be described as Mega Deluxe sets.

Out of the 10 items being listed in the line, it's looking like 3 of them will be offered as some type of store exclusive. Yesterday we told you how an Iron Man 3 based item had shown up on the Amazon website. I am not 100% sure, but I think that one will end up being an Amazon exclusive, and then best guess the other two will likely show up at Target and/or Walmart.

So here is how based on what's previously been reported what we can expect to see from this new MCU sub-line.

Set 1 - IM1 - F0184
Set 2 - Unknown (likely store exclusive)
Set 3 - AVN2 - Age Of Ultron Quicksilver - F0186
Set 4 - THR1 - F0187
Set 5 - AVN4 - Endgame Fat Warrior Thor - F0188
Set 6 - IM1 - F0218 - $69.99
Set 7 - THR3 - F0189 - $49.99
Set 8 - Unknown (likely store exclusive)
Set 9 - IM3 (likely Amazon exclusive)
Set 10 - AVN4 - Endgame Iron Man Mk.85 and Thanos - F0192 - $59.99

Set 6 and 7 I think have the potential for being the coolest items here and may very well appeal to both comic and movie fans alike. I expect these Infinity Saga figures will be officially announced and shown off next month on April 9 during Hasbro's Pulse Fan Fest event. Of course until then we will continue to treat all of this as RUMORS.

Marvel-Legends-Infinity-Saga.jpg

The long-rumored Quicksilver and Warrior Thor are highly necessary figures that will be great to see. As for the other figures, I hope we see a fair amount of newness, as there's still so much from all of those films that needs to be done. Some top choices for me would be:

-AOU Iron Legion

-AOU Ultron Drone

-Any of the many unique Iron Man 3 armors, but especially Igor.

-Surtur

-Destroyer

-At least one of The Warriors Three (Probably more of a longshot, sadly).

-Odin  

-to-scale Iron Monger, especially with a separate Obadiah Stane figure, but an opening cockpit that shows him in there would be a nice consolation prize.

-Whiplash

-Hank Pym and/or Jan Van Dyne

-Happy Hogan

-Peter Parker and Ned

I wouldn't mind a team suit Hulk, but since all of the other team suits were done in the wrong color, based on concept art, I guess I'd want it in the incorrect silver, to match them, since I don't want to have to re-buy those other figures again in white.

I'd also like an un-helmeted Adrian Toomes head, but I'd rather not re-buy a Vulture figure, so I don't know if there's a sensible option for getting that released somehow.

Oh, and I kind of forgot about Thor: The Dark World... it'd be cool to see:

-Kurse

-Malekith

-Dark Elf

There are also some figures, like Darcy Lewis and Ayesha, that I'd like to see, but will probably have a good chance of showing up in an upcoming wave, since they will almost-definitely appear in another film in the future.

I wish they would do more mixed waves of MCU figures, as opposed to higher-priced sets- I think there are a lot of figures that would sell at regular figure price with a BAF piece, but not at an elevated price in a single or multi-pack with no BAF. Figures like Korath, Malekith, etc.. Ghost and Luis would have been better suited for that kind of release, and then the 2-pack wouldn't be marked-down everywhere.

24 minutes ago, Hogun said:

I hope THR3 means me and my friends are finally getting action figures

One can hope. Who knows- maybe they'll appear in movies' again due to The Multiverse, and that will dramatically increase their chances of getting MCU figures. Either way, I really hope they are in Hasbro's "parking lot" for eventual release.

50 minutes ago, Hogun said:

I hope THR3 means me and my friends are finally getting action figures

HOPEFULLY that will usher in the comic accurate classic Warriors Three, WITH their signature weapons, etc. I would love to see Hogun in that horned fur-lined cap he wears, and his mace. Gun metal blue would be perfect....

30 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Iron Legion army builders through Hasbro Pulse would be printing money for Hasbro. Put me down for a cool dozen.

Yes! I think do either a deluxe single-pack one, or a 2-pack, with a ton of interchangeable parts (battle damaged, etc..), and then do a simpler Pulse release with just an interchangeable head or set of hands, for $14.99. The combo of the releases would give a ton of display options.

33 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

HOPEFULLY that will usher in the comic accurate classic Warriors Three, WITH their signature weapons, etc.

Comic versions of The Warriors Three and Balder The Brave are very necessary; that might make for a cool boxed set, with one or two more Asgardian characters. I still want a comic-based Executioner, too.

This is so awesome and now I can't wait for April. I am mainly collecting MCU stuff so this is truly incredible (my poor wallet though). And finally we will be getting a Warrior Thor from Endgame which I was always wondering why we had never seen up to this point. Also figures from Thor and Thor Ragnarok which is very exciting and I hope the first one will include Odin and the second Surtur. The Age of Ultron Quicksilver is one I'll definitely look to get too. As far as the other figures from the Iron Man movies go, I'm thinking Iron Monger and Iron Man MK III wil be in one of these packs (I would also like to see a proper Tony Stark figure). Lastly, I can see the Iron Man 3 pack being a mega deluxe set like the Children of Thanos one from last year, with multiple Iron Man armors.

1 hour ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Yes! I think do either a deluxe single-pack one, or a 2-pack, with a ton of interchangeable parts (battle damaged, etc..), and then do a simpler Pulse release with just an interchangeable head or set of hands, for $14.99. The combo of the releases would give a ton of display options.

Comic versions of The Warriors Three and Balder The Brave are very necessary; that might make for a cool boxed set, with one or two more Asgardian characters. I still want a comic-based Executioner, too.

I would go with a two pack first and then the single army builder release

Not an MCU collector (yet*) but I've picked up the Fox X-Men Hasbro figures released last year. Would love it if that AOU Quicksilver comes with an Evan Peters head. Yea it doesn't make sense but neither did the Days of Future Past "red" Magneto coming with an Ian McKellen head.

*Can't wait for MCU X-Men figures!

41 minutes ago, Fyrefly21 said:

I'm pretty checked out on MCU stuff at this point, but hope one of these is a Chitauri army builder

Yeah, how did I forget to put that on my list? A Chitauri and an Outrider should both be made. I know some of them would take a fair amount of new tooling, but it's weird how Hasbro has overlooked MCU "army builders" in the Legends line, especially since some people would buy a whole bunch of each figure.

My MCU wants are pretty minimal at this point since I don't really collect movie stuff, but I mean I will.

all I have hoped for is finally getting Malekith, Kurse, Dark Elf, Sakaaran, Surtur, Chitauri and Outrider, if for whatever reason any of those show up in any of these sets I will rejoyce, although I wouldn't be sad if Destroyer, Kaecilius or Ayesha showed up.

Count me among those hoping for a Warriors Three set! That's probably my #1 want from the MCU side.

I have zero interest in the Quicksilver, Fat Thor or Iron Man / Thanos sets, but there are still quite a few figures that I'd love from the movies even though I'm primarily a collector of comic versions. An Outrider would be fantastic. I'd even dare to dream for a Laufey and/or Surtur deluxe figure. Kurse would be another good one. There are so many wonderful possibilities!!

I hope they avoid filling these with just different versions of figures that have already been made because I'll likely skip all of those.

I already feel pampered with two Iron Man releases, one Iron Man 3 release, and the MK 85 / Thanos 2-pack... but I'm going to be greedy and hope one of the unknown sets involves Iron Man 2. It's been ten years for a Whiplash, Hasbro. Ten years. Not to mention I would love to have new MKs IV to VI and WM MK II to complement any new MK I to III figures.

26 minutes ago, ADour said:

I already feel pampered with two Iron Man releases, one Iron Man 3 release, and the MK 85 / Thanos 2-pack... but I'm going to be greedy and hope one of the unknown sets involves Iron Man 2. It's been ten years for a Whiplash, Hasbro. Ten years. Not to mention I would love to have new MKs IV to VI and WM MK II to complement any new MK I to III figures.

Whiplash is a major villain in a film, played by a well-known actor- I wonder if Mickey Rourke's grumpy attitude, post-film-release, about Iron Man 2 has anything to do with Whiplash not getting a Legends release, or if that's just coincidental? 

33 minutes ago, Reno said:

Count me among those hoping for a Warriors Three set! That's probably my #1 want from the MCU side.

I have zero interest in the Quicksilver, Fat Thor or Iron Man / Thanos sets, but there are still quite a few figures that I'd love from the movies even though I'm primarily a collector of comic versions. An Outrider would be fantastic. I'd even dare to dream for a Laufey and/or Surtur deluxe figure. Kurse would be another good one. There are so many wonderful possibilities!!

I hope they avoid filling these with just different versions of figures that have already been made because I'll likely skip all of those.

Ooooh, yeah, Laufey would be awesome, and then they could re-use the main body tooling for some generic Frost Giants. I wonder if they could use a 12" "Icons" body, like they did with the Marvel Universe Frost Giant (comic based) figure, or if the body would need more sculpted detail?

Not looking forward to another Walmart exclusive, but I was able to get Cable easily so maybe those are getting better. I could see them redoing MK 42 for the IM3 set, maybe a 2-pack with Killian. Here's my predicted/desired list:

1: Newly molded MK 2 (IM1) 
2: ? (CA1 WWII Cap and SDCC Red Skull 2-PK) (Walmart)
3: Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Hawkeye 3-PK (AVN2) 
4: Thor and Loki (or Odin) 2-PK (THR1) 
5: Warrior Thor (AVN4)
6: MK 3 (MK 2 repaint) and newly sculpted Iron Monger (IM1)
7: Deluxe Surtur OR Roadworn Thor and Doctor Strange 2-PK (THR3)
8: ? (Homecoming Shocker and Homemade Suit 2-PK) (Target)
9: MK 42, Random HPP Armor and Killian 3-PK (IM3) (Amazon)
10: MK 85 and Armored Thanos (AVN4) 

Some of those are educated guesses, others are pure speculation. I feel like one of the SDCC 2021/Pulsecon exclusives might also fall under this banner. They usually do that with anniversary lines (Red Skull, Collector, Logan). Either way, I'm excited for April.

37 minutes ago, Legender said:

I will be kinda dissapointed if the April panel is purely MCU figures coz I only collect comic base lines (my wallet may be happy though)

I'd say chances are pretty high that it's gonna be at least 80 percent MCU related. It just makes sense with all the Comic related product that was pushed out last year and the delay of most MCU product after the Crimson Dynamo wave. I'm kinda lukewarm about them myself. I understand the MCU and mainstream is the focus of what Disney and Hasbro want out of the line, and I do partake in  a lot of it, but that corner is so small and the source material is just a slight fraction of the Marvel Universe that it's pretty much just redos and repaints.

There are some glaring exclusions that I would gladly pony up for, like Quicksilver, Destroyer, Whiplash/Crimson Dynamo and the late Warriors Three, but after that there's not really gonna be much to peak my interest. I'm sure there's a ton of stuff locked and loaded that will be revealed throughout the year, and lets not forget about 2 Disney+ waves waiting. I'm surprised with the release of Falcon + Winter Soldier mere days away that we haven't seen any further product, but good on Hasbro's efforts to keep the lid on the leaks.

I too am personally counting on there being many products that I will happily take a pass on and my wallet take a break, but for the MCU figure fans I predict it's going to be an as expensive year for them as it was for most of us Comic figure fans last year.

1 hour ago, Reno said:

THR1 Warriors 3 set for SDCC 2021 maybe? They're maybe a little obscure for a mainstream release, but a lot of collectors would jump on it immediately, seems like the perfect choice for a con exclusive lol. I would love a Chitauri/Outrider 2-pack at some point too.